Chef's Table

peanut head

3 hours ago, raudacruise said:

I’ve attended five or so Chef’s Tables and encountered only one snob. This fellow at the start of dinner bragged about owning many expensive properties. He also took a phone call DURING the meal, not leaving the room (Murano’s wine cellar). No one was impressed, he was just ignored.

I do not discount your experience in any way. You were there. I was not. Still, I tend to believe that "No one was impressed" might be a bit of an exaggeration. I get the feeling that he was probably rather impressed with himself. 

I'm glad the rest of you ignored him. 

3 hours ago, Jazzbo said:

So, it looks like you can't book until you have made final payment. 

Not for us, we have a Chef's Table reservation for our Dec 2022 Equinox cruise:

image.thumb.png.fc6b9cd77eede484d79c775f2962870b.png

27 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

Not for us, we have a Chef's Table reservation for our Dec 2022 Equinox cruise:

image.thumb.png.fc6b9cd77eede484d79c775f2962870b.png

So, I tried to book, and my cart checkout amount was the amount for Chef’s Table, plus final payment, less the $100 OBC I got when we booked the original cruise onboard in April 2019 (also got grats and classic drink package). Fortunately, I transferred to my TA, and as cruises have been canceled, deposits transferred, lifted and shifted, we have a great price and $650 OBC. (We only had the one cruise booked.)

12 hours ago, Jazzbo said:

So, I tried to book, and my cart checkout amount was the amount for Chef’s Table, plus final payment, less the $100 OBC I got when we booked the original cruise onboard in April 2019 (also got grats and classic drink package). Fortunately, I transferred to my TA, and as cruises have been canceled, deposits transferred, lifted and shifted, we have a great price and $650 OBC. (We only had the one cruise booked.)

Interesting. When I booked the Chef's Table for our Dec 2022 cruise, our checkout amount did not include our cruise final payment....

1 hour ago, Momma Rene said:

Wow, you can use OBC to book for another cruise?  We could not last time we sailed.

We used the OBC to book the Chefs Table.

Edited by C-Dragons

20 hours ago, MamaFej said:

I do not discount your experience in any way. You were there. I was not. Still, I tend to believe that "No one was impressed" might be a bit of an exaggeration. I get the feeling that he was probably rather impressed with himself. 

I'm glad the rest of you ignored him. 

I stand corrected!  He did seem unaware of the numerous eye rolls. 

• Like 1

I was able to book Chef’s Table today for our October TA. Must have been something glitchy with the website or my browser when I tried to book the other day? 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Bringing this one back to the fore to get a question answered, if possible:

Just found that we were able to book in advance for a November cruise.  Price was not $279.  Rather, it was $139.  Does that mean that the wine pairing is priced separately, or did I get a price break due to suite status, or ?

I note that it's very early, 5:30 on departure day, but it will be the 2nd half of our B2B, so that part won't be a problem.

Understanding that it's been a while since Constellation has sailed with pax, does anyone recall a fairly 'current' (as 'current' as anything could possibly be at this point) meeting place and venue for this event?

We have Chefs Table booked for Apex 28th Aug. Is the 5:30 on the booking merely a placeholder and the actual event is later in the cruise. Also think I read they were cancelling CT’s to prevent different groups mixing. 

10 hours ago, canderson said:

Bringing this one back to the fore to get a question answered, if possible:

Just found that we were able to book in advance for a November cruise.  Price was not $279.  Rather, it was $139.  Does that mean that the wine pairing is priced separately, or did I get a price break due to suite status, or ?

I note that it's very early, 5:30 on departure day, but it will be the 2nd half of our B2B, so that part won't be a problem.

Understanding that it's been a while since Constellation has sailed with pax, does anyone recall a fairly 'current' (as 'current' as anything could possibly be at this point) meeting place and venue for this event?

I think you are confusing $279 that is the price for 2  with $139 being the price for each.  2 x139 =. $278  the $279 is because of the fraction involved.  .   You get a discounted rate for buying as a couple.  
If you buy a single person it is more. I think it is $150 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• 2 weeks later...

We have done a few Chefs table but not for awhile.

Always found them enjoyable.  The wines are included in the fee and specially paired by the sommelier for each course.

The venue varies according to the ship, but you will usually see an extra large table in one of the dining venues where it is held.  If memory serves, I think there were around 12/14 guests at the table.

Unfortunately, this specialty meal is suspended due to covid for our cruise next month.

20 minutes ago, Solon said:

Unfortunately, this specialty meal is suspended due to covid for our cruise next month.

Sorry to hear that.  Given all of the relatively intimate activities not canceled, odd the ones that are.  Stull offering to take my OBC for 11/12 cruise for advanced booking for one, though.  Hope that's a good sign.

1 hour ago, canderson said:

Sorry to hear that.  Given all of the relatively intimate activities not canceled, odd the ones that are.  Stull offering to take my OBC for 11/12 cruise for advanced booking for one, though.  Hope that's a good sign. 

1 hour ago, Solon said:

Always found them enjoyable.  The wines are included in the fee and specially paired by the sommelier for each course.

The venue varies according to the ship, but you will usually see an extra large table in one of the dining venues where it is held.  If memory serves, I think there were around 12/14 guests at the table.

The Daniel Boulud Chef’s Table is $139 pp and does not include the wine pairing. That is the only Chef’s table I see on our next two cruises. A few years ago the pairing was included, but the price pp was significantly higher than $139. 

On 4/13/2021 at 5:40 PM, peanut head said:

Hello All!  I just booked the Chef's Table for my husband and me on the Edge 4/2022 TA and have a couple of questions.  We are staying in a suite where we'll get the Prem. Bev. Pkg (PBP) included.  I am aware that it cannot be used for the "wine pairing" portion of the dining experience.  The event is listed as occurring on the 1st night of sailing at 5:30pm and evening dress is recommended.  I find that hard to believe as it's usually chaotic the 1st night with boarding, luggage arrival and a dinner that would begin at that time.  Here are my questions:

1. Can we use our PBP to order a glass of wine/liquor from another (PBP) menu to drink with the meal or does all liquor have to be an extra charge?

2. Which night, typically, does the experience occur, what time does it begin and about how long does it last? 

3.  Which venue is it usually held?

4. What do you consider evening attire (we don't mind dressing up but does that mean formal dress)? 

5.  Has anyone participated in this event and what are their thoughts--one and done, eat before you go, wear an elastic waistband🤣?

Thanks!

I booked the Chef's table on our Equinox 7/25 sailing. It always says its the first night when you reserve it but that's not when it is scheduled.  It's generally scheduled a few days in, and you get notified on the phone or by a note at your cabin. In our case, it was cancelled once we were on board for lack of reservations.  They need to have at least 10-12.  I did this several years ago, and it was very nice.  Private room in Murano. Same as the pairings menu in Murano. However, had a galley tour, a pre-dinner champagne and hor's deurves at a different location before the tour. Everyone also received a group picture and red roses for the women. Two officers attend the meal. Very nice, but very expensive.  If you just want a special meal, get the parings menu in Murano. You can also swap out the selctions as well.  (Dressier attire. suit or sports jacket for men. Nice dress or pant outfit for women)

On 4/16/2021 at 11:20 AM, OUBaylor1 said:

Until this thread, I did not know about the Chef's Table.  Even though we no longer take Celebrity's excursions, we made an exception for this tour.  While pricey, we enjoyed spending the day with the chef.  The day culminated in a dinner using foods and liquid refreshment that the chef had purchased that day.  Will definitely take this Celebrity tour again when offered.

This was an excursion not the Chef's Table.  The excursion is offered in select ports and it starts with visits to the local market and restaurant and culminates on te ship with a meal featuring loacl cusisne.  very different than the chef's table.

2 hours ago, Solon said:

Thought I posted this but can't see it.  We are booked for Chefs Table on Sept 11th Edge cruise.

1 hour ago, RICCruisers said:

The Daniel Boulud Chef’s Table is $139 pp and does not include the wine pairing. That is the only Chef’s table I see on our next two cruises. A few years ago the pairing was included, but the price pp was significantly higher than $139. 

Yes, we're seeing $139 pp, without mention of wine anywhere for or against.

See no other option to include/exclude it on the packages page.

33 minutes ago, canderson said:

Yes, we're seeing $139 pp, without mention of wine anywhere for or against.

See no other option to include/exclude it on the packages page.

The last line in the description of the Chef’s Table is “Wine Pairings are available for purchase onboard”.

No price is quoted which allows them to change it based on which wines are selected. From what I have seen from various posts, $60.00 has been stated a few times. It’s not required but it likely adds to the overall dining experience. 

19 hours ago, Guppy99 said:

This was an excursion not the Chef's Table.  The excursion is offered in select ports and it starts with visits to the local market and restaurant and culminates on te ship with a meal featuring loacl cusisne.  very different than the chef's table.

I apologize about my previous post.  Yikes!!!  We did NOT do the CHEF'S TABLE.  We did the CHEF'S MARKET TOUR.  So sorry for any confusion I may have caused.  Even though very expensive, we thoroughly enjoyed the THE CHEF'S MARKET TOUR.  This is the only Celebrity excursion we enjoyed and would do again.

• 7 months later...
On 8/13/2021 at 3:40 PM, OUBaylor1 said:

I apologize about my previous post.  Yikes!!!  We did NOT do the CHEF'S TABLE.  We did the CHEF'S MARKET TOUR.  So sorry for any confusion I may have caused.  Even though very expensive, we thoroughly enjoyed the THE CHEF'S MARKET TOUR.  This is the only Celebrity excursion we enjoyed and would do again.

Because of your post, we booked the Chef's Market tour on Beyond just now! Sounds like an exciting and unique tour, though very expensive. But Se Le Ve, as they say! 

How many people were on the tour? There were only 3 seats left and we just took two of them, so I'm assuming very small. It sounds amazing with being able to incorporate the food purchased that day into our dinner, not to mention going to a farmhouse of a local family and seeing how olive oil and mozzerella is hand made! 

Edited by Pyro Tec

2 hours ago, Pyro Tec said:

Because of your post, we booked the Chef's Market tour on Beyond just now! Sounds like an exciting and unique tour, though very expensive. But Se Le Ve, as they say! 

How many people were on the tour? There were only 3 seats left and we just took two of them, so I'm assuming very small. It sounds amazing with being able to incorporate the food purchased that day into our dinner, not to mention going to a farmhouse of a local family and seeing how olive oil and mozzerella is hand made! 

It was a small group, maybe 12 people.  We have always enjoyed visiting markets when traveling overseas.  The dinner was fabulous!  Hope your Chef's Market tour on the Beyond is wonderful.