Flightease Question

PSR

Has anyone been able to use the "Flightease" booking feature for their cruise? I have been unable to access it for the last few days. My cruise (hopefully) is in December, so bookings should be available.  Other booking features are available online.Thanks for any info.

Penny

5 hours ago, PSR said:

Has anyone been able to use the "Flightease" booking feature for their cruise? I have been unable to access it for the last few days. My cruise (hopefully) is in December, so bookings should be available.  Other booking features are available online.Thanks for any info.

Penny

I use it about three weeks ago for my November cruise (fingers crossed).

The same thing happened to me for a cruise that we booked for last fall, which of course was cancelled.  Flights had been released, but I just could not get it to come up online.  I called them and the problem was that in my personal info the airport code was shown as YZZ, but should have been YYZ.  This was not showing online to me, nor could I have corrected it myself.  Took the agent two minutes and all was fine.  She said that this happens frequently and nobody really knows why, but it’s usually the main reason people cannot access flights.

On 4/14/2021 at 6:06 AM, Lady Arwen said:

The same thing happened to me for a cruise that we booked for last fall, which of course was cancelled.  Flights had been released, but I just could not get it to come up online.  I called them and the problem was that in my personal info the airport code was shown as YZZ, but should have been YYZ.  This was not showing online to me, nor could I have corrected it myself.  Took the agent two minutes and all was fine.  She said that this happens frequently and nobody really knows why, but it’s usually the main reason people cannot access flights.

Yes, this was my problem, as well. My airport code was ZZU or something like that. I did a chat and found out that it had to be corrected, and the agent corrected it so I could get into flightease. However, not many flights are left now, and none nonstop, so I will probably book myself. Also, I now suddenly have 2 airport/ ship/ airport transfers I didn't request, so now I have to call/chat again. Also, have not gotten an email to confirm the selection/charge. I think the chat agent pushed the wrong button when she helped me...🤔

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, jimmy2x said:

Can you book 1st class through Flight Ease?  Is there any monetary advantage in doing so?

I booked Business class via Flight Ease.  The price was pretty much the same as booking on Air Canada site.  You just keep having the checking prices.

5 hours ago, Sue from Canada said:

I booked Business class via Flight Ease.  The price was pretty much the same as booking on Air Canada site.  You just keep having the checking prices.

A logistical question regarding repricing flights -

when you have a flight booked and go in and see a better price, do you book that second one and then go and cancel out the first, or do you have to cancel the initial booking before you rebook?

If I just book a second time, does it just remove the initial booking and replace?

Our price has not dropped but we have some hope!

@rodndonna  The last time I did this last fall I first had to cancel then change.  Even when I only wanted to change one portion I was forced to cancel the whole of it and start over.  If you call they can do it seamlessly without that process.

19 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

@rodndonna  The last time I did this last fall I first had to cancel then change.  Even when I only wanted to change one portion I was forced to cancel the whole of it and start over.  If you call they can do it seamlessly without that process.

OK thanks.

I may choose to call in then (assuming I hit a price drop). The fear being if I cancel the flight, the cheaper seats might disappear in that short amount of time to rebook.

4 minutes ago, rodndonna said:

OK thanks.

I may choose to call in then (assuming I hit a price drop). The fear being if I cancel the flight, the cheaper seats might disappear in that short amount of time to rebook.

That was always my fear.  Did you set up a google flights tracker?  If you do know that it is not an immediate correlation but usually Flight Ease will show the drop within a day.

Edited by Mary229
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

That was always my fear.  Did you set up a google flights tracker?  If you do know that it is not an immediate correlation but usually Flight Ease will show the drop within a day.

We use google flights but have not tried the tracker -  I'l give that a try - thanks!

6 hours ago, Sue from Canada said:

Thank you. 

7 hours ago, jimmy2x said:

Can you book 1st class through Flight Ease?  Is there any monetary advantage in doing so?

You can certainly book business class.  If you are travelling across the ocean whether it be Transpacific or Transalantic there is a significant savings in my experience.  For domestic flights in North America, I haven’t seen much difference.  The prime advantage in that scenario becomes that you don’t have to pay for the flight until final payment.  In these covid times with cancellations, changed itineraries, etc that can be a good advantage 😉 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, kazu said:

For domestic flights in North America, I haven’t seen much difference.  The prime advantage in that scenario becomes that you don’t have to pay for the flight until final payment.  In these covid times with cancellations, changed itineraries, etc that can be a good advantage 😉 

This right now is HUGE.

3 hours ago, kazu said:

You can certainly book business class.  If you are travelling across the ocean whether it be Transpacific or Transalantic there is a significant savings in my experience.  For domestic flights in North America, I haven’t seen much difference.  The prime advantage in that scenario becomes that you don’t have to pay for the flight until final payment.  In these covid times with cancellations, changed itineraries, etc that can be a good advantage 😉 

Another advantage is if you are buying HAL's insurance (Cruise Protection Plan) you can cancel for any reason, and your airfare is covered since you bought it through HAL.

• 2 months later...

Has anyone tried booking different classes for different travelers through Flight Ease?  For example, business class for my wife and I, and premium economy for our 2 sons.  (So no one thinks we are being cheap, we would offer our sons, both in their early 20's, two options:  1) they can fly business class with us, or 2) they can fly premium economy and we will give them the difference in price to keep for themselves.)  We are all on the same HAL cruise booking staying in the PS.

If this is possible through Flight Ease, would all travelers be on the same airline booking?  One disadvantage I could imagine with different airline bookings, is if the airline makes a flight change, we could theoretically end up on different airplanes, potentially leaving/arriving at different times.

BTW, we are currently not seeing any significant price difference between Flight Ease and the airlines' own websites for business class transatlantic flights in Spring 2022.  But Flight Ease still gives the free change/cancel policy, which is huge in these times.