Decorated for Christmas?

bungle66

I am hoping to switch an existing booking to the Christmas Market, Western Europe cruise G239 on Iona 10th December 2022 and I'm wondering if P&O decorate their ships for Christmas? I love that magical time of year and usually visit the German Christmas markets by air but thought it'd be an even more magical experience on board Iona. Anyone been away on the run up to/over Christmas?

5 minutes ago, bungle66 said:

I am hoping to switch an existing booking to the Christmas Market, Western Europe cruise G239 on Iona 10th December 2022 and I'm wondering if P&O decorate their ships for Christmas? I love that magical time of year and usually visit the German Christmas markets by air but thought it'd be an even more magical experience on board Iona. Anyone been away on the run up to/over Christmas?

Hello Bungle. Yes, I have. I did a Christmas cruise on Aurora in either 2017 or 2018 - sorry I can't remember exactly which year but it was before Aurora became an adults-only ship because I took my grandaughter.  It was absolutely magical. The ship was decorated beautifully, there was a crew choir singing carols on Christmas Eve (I cried) and Christmas dinner was just fabulous. No effort was spared to make it a really traditional Christmas. We had heavy snow in Denmark and Sweden and I would do another Christmas cruise without hesitation. Loved it! Jane.x

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bungle66 said:

Wow Beckett, sounds wonderful. I'm looking forward to being able to switch my current booking to the December cruise. Got to wait until 28 April to be able to do that. Patience needed!!

One of our many photo's with the Christmas decor on Oceana

PC190330.JPG

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, bungle66 said:

This was on Oceana a couple of years ago.

IMG_20181202_134456.jpg

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bungle66 said:

Wow Beckett, sounds wonderful. I'm looking forward to being able to switch my current booking to the December cruise. Got to wait until 28 April to be able to do that. Patience needed!!

It will be worth wait. Go for it! Jane.x

35 minutes ago, bungle66 said:

Yes, we have been on Arcadia and Aurora at Christmas.  They do a very good job of decorating the ships I must say and lots of good Christmas touches over the festive period.

I just wanted to add that the cruises in the run up to Christmas are usually very good value for money too, so not a bad bet for transferring your deposit/ FCC.

I'm not sure about your itinerary, but certainly Bruges is great for Christmas and I would recommend.  If you have been to Bruges already then an excursion to Brussels would be recommended too.  I was impressed by the Christmas market there - although a personal favourite of mine is Oslo and a trip to the Christmas village in Drobak.

Enjoy 😊

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bungle66 said:

Anyone been away on the run up to/over Christmas?

We have done several festive cruises this film of ours will give you a a rough Idea of what to expect 

Thank you all for the lovely photos, comments and video! They all make me feel very festive. I/we have decided today to splash out on a suite for our 2022 cruise. It's been such a rubbish year for lots of reasons I want something Christmassy to look forward to and as the luxury version of the cruise is not so expensive if I start saving now, that's what we'll aim for! Take care everyone and best regards.

• Like 3

We are on Britannia in the Caribbean  4 -18 December and hope that the ship will be decorated for Christmas. We have been three times from Boxing Day and all the decorations were still up until towards the end of the cruise. It was a really lovely atmosphere.  We even bought Christmas decorations on our port stops. 

3 minutes ago, Denarius said:

Gingerbread village on Oceana, Dec 2010. Cruise was Barbados to Acapulco via Panama Canal.

IMG_0366.JPG

Hi....wonder if that was the cruise that we were on....our first ever cruise....we landed back in the UK on Christmas day after an unplanned over night stay in Acapulco 

• Like 1