Current Dry Dock

trbarton

Does anyone have a current dry dock schedule for the Princess Ships?  My October 10 cruise on the Ruby Princess was cancelled according to Princess because of being in dry dock. There answer seems kind of fishy to me as to why any dry docks would be scheduled now. 

Thanks!

Tom😀

1 hour ago, trbarton said:

Does anyone have a current dry dock schedule for the Princess Ships?  My October 10 cruise on the Ruby Princess was cancelled according to Princess because of being in dry dock. There answer seems kind of fishy to me as to why any dry docks would be scheduled now. 

Thanks!

Tom😀

The Ruby is going into dry dock in Portland Oregon for 17 days to upgrade the air circulation system, medallion upgrades and social distancing in restaurants and theaters 

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, memoak said:

The Ruby is going into dry dock in Portland Oregon for 17 days to upgrade the air circulation system, medallion upgrades and social distancing in restaurants and theaters 

Do you happen to have the dry dock schedule for all of the Princess Ships?

FYI...I was born & raised in Portland. Went to Woodrow Wilson HS. 

Thanks!

Tom😀

56 minutes ago, trbarton said:

Do you happen to have the dry dock schedule for all of the Princess Ships?

FYI...I was born & raised in Portland. Went to Woodrow Wilson HS. 

Thanks!

Tom😀

No but I do currently live in Portland and hope to get a view from a distance when she is in Swan Island for the dry dock. Was supposed to sail on a coastal in October now will have to wait till January for a cruise to Hawaii on her

2 hours ago, memoak said:

Yes there is a site at Swan Island north of Portland proper. Several Princess ships have been dry docked there in the past

Isn't that where the Grand went when the tendering platform door wouldn't close, and they had to sail the ship empty for repairs back to the west coast from Hawaii a couple of years ago ?

Edited by srpilo
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, srpilo said:

Isn't that where the Grand went when the tendering platform door wouldn't close, and they had to sail the ship empty for repairs back to the west coast from Hawaii a couple of years ago ?

Yes the Grand was in Portland. 

I’m hoping that someone will have a list for all of Princess ships. 

Tom😀

8 hours ago, memoak said:

Do you know where I can find that information?

Thanks!

Tom😀

Hi @trbarton, most of the Ruby discussion originated here.

I also asked one of the travel advisors who frequents these boards on that above-linked thread if they were aware of a dry-dock schedule they could share with us, and they said they did not have more info to share. Princess's been more quiet when compared to other cruise lines so there hasn't been as much info to glean. 

On 4/18/2021 at 1:05 PM, memoak said:

Hmmm. I have a Classic California Sailing booked in August. If they are doing the things you indicate, I find it highly unlikely that my sailing would be a go--even if the CDC stuff changes to allow sailings. Believe me, I have a land-based "plan B' already booked. I've had so many bookings cancel I've lost track!

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, MishelleMcc said:

Has anyone heard any updates on the Ruby Princess dry-dock details or schedule? These are exciting days realizing that cruising may resume soon!!

Ruby will be drydocked in Portland this September/October (2021).  Its about a 2.5 week drydock.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

Sep 30 - Oct 16

Approx. 17 days in total

Do you have a link with information about the Ruby Princess dry dock?

Thanks!

Tom😀

2 minutes ago, trbarton said:

Do you have a link with information about the Ruby Princess dry dock?

Thanks!

Tom😀

Other than the date and location (which is mentioned in the notice from Princess Cruises about deployment change), I do not find any other information provided by Princess.

image.png.ec42fc338533386823c6d3293e4ff67b.png

It’s interesting as when I go to the dry dock schedule for Portland it’s not listed. I don’t question going to Portland but why it’s strange that it’s not listed?

Tom😀

11 hours ago, trbarton said:

It’s interesting as when I go to the dry dock schedule for Portland it’s not listed. I don’t question going to Portland but why it’s strange that it’s not listed?

Tom😀

Where are you finding the drydock schedule for Portland?

The info for the Ruby was recently updated by princess to agents.

I hope the Ruby drydock will be ready to go after the Oct. drydock, I'm scheduled for an Oct. 24 California Coastal cruise on the Ruby.  Keeping my fingers crossed it will happen.  We've done most cruises out of San Francisco on the Grand, this will be our first time on the Ruby.

2 hours ago, norcalcruzr said:

I hope the Ruby drydock will be ready to go after the Oct. drydock, I'm scheduled for an Oct. 24 California Coastal cruise on the Ruby.  Keeping my fingers crossed it will happen.  We've done most cruises out of San Francisco on the Grand, this will be our first time on the Ruby.

We're on the Ruby coastal 10/31, so I'm also watching this closely. You're going to love the Ruby; it's a great ship.

2 hours ago, Sea Hag said:

We're on the Ruby coastal 10/31, so I'm also watching this closely. You're going to love the Ruby; it's a great ship.

I’m also oh the 10/31 cruise. I’ve found that when I’ve gone to the web site for the dry dock in Portland it doesn’t show the Ruby Princess & there is nothing on the Princess web site. 

Tom😀

Edited by trbarton