Saint Martin EHAS form (Electronic Health Authorization System) - Help??

FBurnley

2 hours ago, Sunshine2000 said:

Arzeena, Thanks for taking your time and contacting EHAS.  It seems many of us will be interested in their responses especially for the Agent Name, Contact Person, Phone, etc.

I've also emailed Celebrity for clarification to these required items on the EHAS form and also look forward to a reply.

I am still waiting for them to reply to that query. I guess they too are taking in all the new info and editing requirements.

Some weeks back to another question, they replied within a few hours.

Another poster said that if you are flying in to SXM, you check "By Air" box. Which is what I will do, unless the email reply says otherwise.

Post your findings.

Which cruise are you sailing on? We are on July 3 sailing. We booked June 5 at first but moved.

Edited by Arzeena

So now it is official as posted on Celebrity's web site. If you fly to St. Maarten you mark "by air" on the EHAS form and if you are fully vaccinated Celebrity requires NO test to board but St. Maarten requires a PCR test within 120 hours if you are coming from the USA or Canada or 72 hours if from another country.  

• Like 3

10 hours ago, tallyho8 said:

St. Maarten requires a PCR test within 120 hours if you are coming from the USA or Canada or 72 hours if from another country.  

Or, alternatively, travelers originating from the USA and Canada can do an antigen test for the SARS-COV-2 virus obtained from a naso-pharyngeal swab performed within 48 hours prior to departure to Sint Maarten.

50 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Or, alternatively, travelers originating from the USA and Canada can do an antigen test for the SARS-COV-2 virus obtained from a naso-pharyngeal swab performed within 48 hours prior to departure to Sint Maarten.

The latest details from Celebrity do NOT mention an antigen test being acceptable.

For Vaccinated Guests

• Celebrity Cruises requires all guests age 16 and above to be fully vaccinated at least two weeks prior to sail date.
  • St. Maarten Government regulations require US & Canada visitors to present negative naso-pharyngeal RT-PCR test results taken within 120 hours prior to arrival. Visitors from all other countries must present negative naso-pharyngeal RT-PCR test results taken within 72 hours prior to arrival.
  • Be sure to save a copy on your phone and bring a printed copy. Name on test results must match those on government issued identification.
  • Celebrity Cruises requires proof of vaccination administered at least two weeks prior to sailing in the form of the original vaccination card. No photocopies or photos accepted.
  • Crew members onboard will be vaccinated.

10 minutes ago, tallyho8 said:

The latest details from Celebrity do NOT mention an antigen test being acceptable.

For Vaccinated Guests

• Celebrity Cruises requires all guests age 16 and above to be fully vaccinated at least two weeks prior to sail date.
  • St. Maarten Government regulations require US & Canada visitors to present negative naso-pharyngeal RT-PCR test results taken within 120 hours prior to arrival. Visitors from all other countries must present negative naso-pharyngeal RT-PCR test results taken within 72 hours prior to arrival.
  • Be sure to save a copy on your phone and bring a printed copy. Name on test results must match those on government issued identification.
  • Celebrity Cruises requires proof of vaccination administered at least two weeks prior to sailing in the form of the original vaccination card. No photocopies or photos accepted.
  • Crew members onboard will be vaccinated.

That's exactly my point. The Sint Maarten travel requirements website does specify that option, but Celebrity has chosen omit this information in its own website. As some readers here might prefer taking the antigen test, for whatever reason, but may not take the time to go to the Sint Maarten website, I think its good to provide them with this information. 

Alternatively, travelers originating from the USA and Canada can do an antigen test for the SARS-COV-2 virus obtained from a naso-pharyngeal swab performed within 48 hours prior to departure to Sint Maarten. All FDA approved antigen tests including those with Emergency Use Authorization only (EUA) are accepted. Tests performed outside of the 48 hours period and home tests will not be accepted.

1 hour ago, Fouremco said:

That's exactly my point. The Sint Maarten travel requirements website does specify that option, but Celebrity has chosen omit this information in its own website. As some readers here might prefer taking the antigen test, for whatever reason, but may not take the time to go to the Sint Maarten website, I think its good to provide them with this information. 

Alternatively, travelers originating from the USA and Canada can do an antigen test for the SARS-COV-2 virus obtained from a naso-pharyngeal swab performed within 48 hours prior to departure to Sint Maarten. All FDA approved antigen tests including those with Emergency Use Authorization only (EUA) are accepted. Tests performed outside of the 48 hours period and home tests will not be accepted.

But.... that info from the St Maarten site is over a month old. Things have been changing so much lately with web sites lacking posting the new info that we don't know whether to trust old info.

As of May 14,  in reply to my email asking about time line for PCR or Antigen test:

Sent: Friday, May 14, 2021, 5:30:13 PM EDT
Subject: RE: SXM Tourism Contact Form Inquiry

Good evening,

Thank you for your email, if doing the the PCR it has to be done( 120 hours or 5 days) and if doing the rapid test, it is 48 hours prior to your arrival on St. Maarten.

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 1

Has anyone gotten a feel for the turnaround time for the approval of the form by St. Maarten. I’d much rather get the antigen test, but also want to ensure the approval comes back in time. 

4 minutes ago, tallyho8 said:

But.... that info from the St Maarten site is over a month old. Things have been changing so much lately with web sites lacking posting the new info that we don't know whether to trust old info.

Suit yourself. I have no reason to believe that Sint Maarten doesn't keep its webpage up to date, reflecting the current entry requirements. Given the island's economic reliance on tourism, I doubt very much that they would leave inaccurate information pertaining to entry requirements on their webpages. As @Arzeena's post shows, this information was still current less than a week ago.

Celebrity's website, on the other hand, is notorious for its inaccuracies, omissions and contradictions. For example, this statement in its paraphrasing of the island's entry requirements is erroneous on at least two counts:

St. Maarten Government regulations require US & Canada visitors to present negative naso-pharyngeal RT-PCR test results taken within 120 hours prior to arrival. Visitors from all other countries must present negative naso-pharyngeal RT-PCR test results taken within 72 hours prior to arrival.

Other than the antigen test issue, this statement fails to recognize the fact that visitors travelling from countries deemed to be low risk (see the website for the list) are exempted from PCR or antigen testing altogether, unless they have visited a high risk country within the past 14 days.

When it comes to foreign travel, I'll always go with the country's official position on such matters as passports, visa, vaccinations and any other issue impacting entry.

Has anyone else seen the new, updated St. Maarten HAS page? Updated as of today, May 20. I'm uncertain about the changes given there's a section for fully vaccinated people vs. unvaccinated. I'd love to hear others thoughts.

🙂 amcb

• Like 1

1 minute ago, amcb said:

Has anyone else seen the new, updated St. Maarten HAS page? Updated as of today, May 20. I'm uncertain about the changes given there's a section for fully vaccinated people vs. unvaccinated. I'd love to hear others thoughts.

🙂 amcb

What change(s) are you uncertain about? I think all of them have been addressed in the posts earlier today.

6 minutes ago, amcb said:

🙂 amcb

It's very poorly written and not logical.  A PCR test is required 48 hours before departure for all non-vaccinated travelers but if you're from a high-risk country other than the U.S. or Canada (which still have the 120 hour exception) you have 72 hours?  Makes no sense.

I have no dog in this fight but has anyone asked Celebrity if you are from the US and are fully vaccinated and elect to do the SXM entry of an appropriate Antigen test within 48 hrs are you allowed to board with no other test?

3 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

I have no dog in this fight but has anyone asked Celebrity if you are from the US and are fully vaccinated and elect to do the SXM entry of an appropriate Antigen test within 48 hrs are you allowed to board with no other test?

As of yesterday Celebrity no longer requires any test for fully vaccinated passengers to board in St. Maarten.  If you trust their website, that is.

• Haha 1

Okay. Now I’m 100% confused. By god does this need to be this difficult?

1.  May 20th update to SXM National Page now says that ALL Travelers arriving from Aruba Curacao have to take an anitgen test 48hrs prior to arrival and upload it to ehas for approval. So does that apply to those of us making those port calls now???? How will that work?? 

2.  The Celeb official requirements page says for vaccinated no testing, period. however their NEW graphical “timeline” (in a post above) says if you havent had a RT PCR within 72hrs of boarding the ship they will require an antigen test to board at the pier. The page says no such thing. 

3.  Seems the requirements to enter the country of SXM have not changed at all or loosened (not sure why given Europe and US relief) for us vaccinated in the US. 48hr antigen or 120hr PCR. 

And I still have no idea how to fill out the EHAS form if arriving the day before and sailing Saturday. 

3 hours ago, BoundForSea said:

1.  May 20th update to SXM National Page now says that ALL Travelers arriving from Aruba Curacao have to take an anitgen test 48hrs prior to arrival and upload it to ehas for approval. So does that apply to those of us making those port calls now???? How will that work?? 

2.  The Celeb official requirements page says for vaccinated no testing, period. however their NEW graphical “timeline” (in a post above) says if you havent had a RT PCR within 72hrs of boarding the ship they will require an antigen test to board at the pier. The page says no such thing. 

3.  Seems the requirements to enter the country of SXM have not changed at all or loosened (not sure why given Europe and US relief) for us vaccinated in the US. 48hr antigen or 120hr PCR. 

And I still have no idea how to fill out the EHAS form if arriving the day before and sailing Saturday. 

Address your questions to the EHAS team directly:

https://stmaartenehas.com/contact/

2 hours ago, BoundForSea said:

1.  May 20th update to SXM National Page now says that ALL Travelers arriving from Aruba Curacao have to take an anitgen test 48hrs prior to arrival and upload it to ehas for approval. So does that apply to those of us making those port calls now???? How will that work?? I believe from what I read (SXM site and Celebrity site)that Celebrity takes care of that by administering the Antigen near to disembarkation day.

2.  The Celeb official requirements page says for vaccinated no testing, period. however their NEW graphical “timeline” (in a post above) says if you havent had a RT PCR within 72hrs of boarding the ship they will require an antigen test to board at the pier. The page says no such thing. The graphical timeline is incorrect. The new "No testing for fully vaccinated" Changes have occured after the graphic was published and made its rounds on the boards in several posts and post quotes. So yes it is confusing. I would just keep checking the Celebrity official req. page.

3.  Seems the requirements to enter the country of SXM have not changed at all or loosened (not sure why given Europe and US relief) for us vaccinated in the US. 48hr antigen or 120hr PCR. The last I got word from an email enquirey on th eEHAS form site, it was PCR within 5 days prior to flying in or alternatively Antigen within 3 days prior to flying in. If they have loosened further, I am not aware and will read up. Thanks for alerting me.

And I still have no idea how to fill out the EHAS form if arriving the day before and sailing Saturday. I read from several posters who had called Celebrity to ask this question, that you are suppossed to check the box that says "By Air" when you are answering that question on the first page. When you do that it falls into place. So I did a trial run on the EHAS form, and it was very easy. I cannot fill out page 2 (testing uploads) yet or page 3 ($30 insurance purchase etc) but am confident it will be OK.

I hope this will lessen your confusion a bit. I apologize for using red bold, but just wanted to answer your questions distinctly. It was not used to shout or yell and apologies if it was thought of as such.

• Like 1

On 5/21/2021 at 10:07 AM, Arzeena said:

I understand doing the PCR 5 days ahead and filling out the ehas form with the info. If you do the antigen test 48 hours before you cannot fill out the ehas form as it needs the pcr results. Correct. So, is the antigen if you are flying in the day of the cruise?

2 hours ago, wesport said:

If you arrive one day before the cruise, do you do the PCR, EHAS. 5 days before the cruise, or just the antigen 48 hours before arrival?

Either one (US or Canadian citizen),  per what they emailed me.