Proof of Vax or Not. Would you cruise

Would you Cruise  

373 members have voted

1. 1. Would you cruise if proof of Vax was not required

• Yes
    • No

3 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

I believe Carnival has already stated cruises could be cut short if/when a threshold of Covid was reached. I imagine there are different cleaning protocols for a ship with covid.

Well since they still aren't requiring vaccines, that would be the prudent thing to do.

That's why, even though there's still a chance, I will only book for the near future on lines that require vaccines.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The wild card to be in all this still seems to be on how the ports of call will react.  If they know that the cruise lines allow unvaccinated people onboard , are they going to allow that ship to disembark people on their land

Personally I’m not wanting to book a cruise that goes to nowhere for 7 days

5 hours ago, Luckiestmanonearth said:

The wild card to be in all this still seems to be on how the ports of call will react.  If they know that the cruise lines allow unvaccinated people onboard , are they going to allow that ship to disembark people on their land

Personally I’m not wanting to book a cruise that goes to nowhere for 7 days

It seems like a negative covid test would be all that is required to stop at the ports.  My sister flew to an island and that was all they required. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TNcruising02 said:

It seems like a negative covid test would be all that is required to stop at the ports.  My sister flew to an island and that was all they required. 

Some islands require a test on arrival in addition to a pre-arrival negative test. It would be very awkward for the cruise line and port if any passenger(s) test positive. Do they shut everything down and recall passengers? That would require cruise line only excursions.

1 hour ago, dallasdan said:

I went to Jamaica a couple of weeks ago.  All I had to show was a negative test 3 days before departure to an American Airlines rep at the airport.  

As I look down on the picture of Bob Marley on the tee shirt I am wearing that I bought in Jamaica when we went there on a Carnival cruise and went on the Bob Marley bus, all I can say is Ya Mon, I am jealous of you.👍😉

• Like 1

On 4/24/2021 at 9:01 AM, Luckiestmanonearth said:

So there’s been a lot of threads circling the subject of Florida, but let me ask more generically, would you cruise if the cruise line did not require proof of vaccination

It’s a highly charged issue but let’s try to be civil

Personally I don’t think I would .  Not because of the fear of getting Covid (since I’m vaxed), but potentially being stranded on the ship if it gets quarantined.

Thoughts?

Yes i would cruise...and i am ...august 28th.    I dont care if others are vaccinated....i am vaccinated.   i would go on a cruise tomorrow if i could!!

• Like 1

On 5/19/2021 at 12:59 PM, dallasdan said:

I went to Jamaica a couple of weeks ago.  All I had to show was a negative test 3 days before departure to an American Airlines rep at the airport.  

I’ve been to Jamaica and not surprised their rules are a little lax

My worry is what nicer are islands such as St Maarten, Curacao , Bonaire, Tortola, Grand Cayman, St Lucia and St Kitts going to do about letting people in

No way I’m going on a cruise where the stops are only Jamaica, Nassau, Progresso and Costa Maya

Edited by Luckiestmanonearth

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/20/2021 at 10:48 AM, bingomamma19 said:

Yes i would cruise...and i am ...august 28th.    I dont care if others are vaccinated....i am vaccinated.   i would go on a cruise tomorrow if i could!!

Celebrity Millennium is sailing from St Martin tomorrow.  First revenue sailing so far with vaccinated pax and crew.   No restrictions on board and can tour on your own.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1