Star Pride Cancellations

Barrycat

This may be old  news but Windstar announced one month ago that he Pride was scheduled to start in the Caribbean this November. Now the first sailing is April 1, 2022 in the Med.

Not surprising since the Pride has been docked in Palermo with the transponder off for four months, apparently not in the dry dock used for lengenthing.

Source? Is it based on the website not showing the cruises? I'm booked on the crossing back to Lisbon in April. I got an update email 3 days ago that they are changing the departure port from San Juan to St. Maarten. Possibly they have taken the cruises down to while they update the itineraries to remove US ports. 

That’s possible new cruiser. I’m just going from what is posted on the website so they may just be rearranging.

I thought it might be correct since the transponder on the Pride has been off for four months. When the previous two ships were being worked on, their transponders were on and their location was showing  in the dry dock.

This time I hope I’m wrong.

We were booked on a two week trip out of San Juan on December 4th but just got notified by both WS and our TA that they are changing the embarkation port to Saint Martin due to the tight government restrictions in SJ. Our TA told us they are in the process of updating the itineraries for the Pride and it would be a while before they are back up on the WS schedule. 

In the meantime, we’ve decided to switch over to a 12/28 WindSurf Cruise out of St Martin as we are a bit nervous that the Pride may be slow completing its renovations by our 12/4 trip. Besides we love the WindSurf sailing ship, being sailors at heart! If we have to change over to St Martin, we figured we may as well sail on WindSurf.

Now we just have to hope we can go off on our own on the islands by the end of December. We will see, but it’ll be a no go for us if we can’t. Ever hopeful!

Sail Maine we are on the Surf 12/18, seriously hoping the excursion policy is changed as well. We will go because it is the Caribbean and more of a vacation but we are on the Surf 9/28 Rome/Malta/ Sicily this is a trip: 1 we do not think it will go and 2  in this case if they do go and not change the excursion policy we will cancel and try again #3 in May 22. It is all up in the air a sign of the times. Happy Sailing

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Strenz said:

Sail Maine we are on the Surf 12/18, seriously hoping the excursion policy is changed as well. We will go because it is the Caribbean and more of a vacation but we are on the Surf 9/28 Rome/Malta/ Sicily this is a trip: 1 we do not think it will go and 2  in this case if they do go and not change the excursion policy we will cancel and try again #3 in May 22. It is all up in the air a sign of the times. Happy Sailing

I agree that in Europe you really need to be able to explore on your own, so much to see and culture, art and food to sample on your own. We do a couple excursions with WS but mostly choose to explore each port on our own. I hope your trip is a go. 

Too bad we will just miss you on the Surf in December. It would have been nice to meet up for a cocktail. A question...we will probably fly out a day or two before,  in case of stormy weather on the day of. Are you familiar with a nice hotel on the beach in SM? Not one of our favorite islands at all, but figured we’d make the best of it.

SailMaine, We like St. Martin. For one nights which is usually our return we stay at the Holland House, good food, beach can be busy but we like the no rip currents. We simply beach it. Going down we are always a minimum of 2 nights  my anxiety and winter in NE. We were stuck once at Logan for 3 nights, grim, iced in at airport,  luckily we were at the Hilton but still grim. For more that one night we have enjoyed Oyster Bay, no car needed on the island ( causeway ) 3 nice restaurants, great pool and quiet beach. Since  the hurricane we have stayed at the Divi which we like,  relatively near airport and not to far from ship, you see it. Great beach, 3 pools, it was totally redone and we like it. We are staying 4 days because we thought Jet Blue would be going direct from Logan to St. Martin because they usually did before the world changed. Now we have to go via NYC but we are still hoping and we will change reservations.  The Divi property is spacious, nice over the beach bar too. All we want is a good beach and a good pool. We have no need or wants at either property to rent a car. Hope this helps. Happy Sailing.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SailMaine said:

I agree that in Europe you really need to be able to explore on your own, so much to see and culture, art and food to sample on your own. We do a couple excursions with WS but mostly choose to explore each port on our own. I hope your trip is a go. 

Too bad we will just miss you on the Surf in December. It would have been nice to meet up for a cocktail. A question...we will probably fly out a day or two before,  in case of stormy weather on the day of. Are you familiar with a nice hotel on the beach in SM? Not one of our favorite islands at all, but figured we’d make the best of it.

If you're only going a a couple of days ahead agree with Strenz that the Divi is nice. Ask for a room close to main building.  Large property with condos and lots of walking if at the end. If you can go earlier, French side Le Petite has been completely rebuilt and fabulous but for more than just a couple of nights. Best restaurant on the island on French side, Bistro Caribe. Amazing food.

On 4/24/2021 at 7:36 PM, Strenz said:

Not sure if I told you S but we went ahead and moved our Croatia September 2021 trip to May 2022. We just want to be able to do our own thing and enjoy Europe. Plus with our 3 week land tour ahead of the cruise we want to be able to visit my cousins and wander...

Edited by Ski Mom 2

Hi Ski Mom 2,  I am beginning to think that our 9/29 Surf cruise will be moved to 5/22 as well. Like you for Europe I have to do my own thing plus not thrilled the way Europe  might open. I really hate masks due to I live in a fog, not great for looking at art. The mask makes my compromised vision worse, will wear them but not happily. I think the Caribbean 12/18 will be ok. On both ends of the cruise we are doing a week in the beginning and in the end trains through Italy for my art and music. I am excited for the future, hope I am right. Happy Sailing

The first Star Pride cruise showing on the website is still the April 1, 2021 Lisbon to Lisbon that's the second part of my Star Collector. It seemed like the cruises should be back up by now so I called Windstar to see what's up. The agent said that the cruises for fall and winter are still happening - they are just still tweaking the itineraries. He said the cruises are on their booking system and they can still make bookings. He's expecting them to be back on the website by sometime next week.

4 hours ago, new_cruiser said:

The first Star Pride cruise showing on the website is still the April 1, 2021 Lisbon to Lisbon that's the second part of my Star Collector. It seemed like the cruises should be back up by now so I called Windstar to see what's up. The agent said that the cruises for fall and winter are still happening - they are just still tweaking the itineraries. He said the cruises are on their booking system and they can still make bookings. He's expecting them to be back on the website by sometime next week.

I believe you mean April 1, 2022.

2 hours ago, Barrycat said:

False alarm, the Pride November schedule is back online

Mostly back online. My ocean crossing Star Collector isn't there even though it's two segments are. Maybe that's the only one missing because it includes the last cruise they took offline with the first one that stayed on line. So it might need some extra handling to re-establish. 

Anyone here booked on one of the cruises that's back online? I'm interested in whether you can manage the booking on MyWindstar to see the detailed itinerary, add excursions and such. My cruise booking is on MyWindstar (was there even when it was missing from Find a Cruise) but the ManageBooking button doesn't take me to it. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have a deposit for the April 19, 2022 Pride sailing from St. Marteen to Lisbon and  April 1, 2022 Lisbon to Lisbon with stops in Casablanca, the Canary Islands and Madeira.  The itinerary is on the Windstar website, I haven't tried to book an excursion yet.  I recently read that CDC is not limiting excursions to those offered by cruise lines though other countries are free to limit them.  I hope I'm free to go ashore or book a day trip on my own, wandering port towns is half the fun for me.

On the on again off again on again issue.  The cruise was originally a "Collector" but disappeared when they switched the departure from San Juan to St. Marteen. When it came back, it was two back to back cruises, transatlantic and Lisbon to Lisbon.

Edited by EvadKnat
Misspelling.

1 hour ago, EvadKnat said:

I have a deposit for the April 19, 2022 Pride sailing from St. Marteen to Lisbon and  April 1, 2022 Lisbon to Lisbon with stops in Casablanca, the Canary Islands and Madeira.  The itinerary is on the Windstar website, I haven't tried to book an excursion yet.  I recently read that CDC is not limiting excursions to those offered by cruise lines though other countries are free to limit them.  I hope I'm free to go ashore or book a day trip on my own, wandering port towns is half the fun for me.

On the on again off again on again issue.  The cruise was originally a "Collector" but disappeared when they switched the departure from San Juan to St. Marteen. When it came back, it was two back to back cruises, transatlantic and Lisbon to Lisbon.

I'm booked on the same Star Collector. I think the Star Collector got broken when they took down the Caribbean cruises to reconfigure them without US ports. Our Collector covered the last one they took off-line and the first one that stayed up. They may put it back eventually.

I booked it when it was on the reduced solo supplement list as my husband isn't interested in ocean crossings.

On 5/5/2021 at 9:42 PM, new_cruiser said:

Mostly back online. My ocean crossing Star Collector isn't there even though it's two segments are. Maybe that's the only one missing because it includes the last cruise they took offline with the first one that stayed on line. So it might need some extra handling to re-establish. 

Anyone here booked on one of the cruises that's back online? I'm interested in whether you can manage the booking on MyWindstar to see the detailed itinerary, add excursions and such. My cruise booking is on MyWindstar (was there even when it was missing from Find a Cruise) but the ManageBooking button doesn't take me to it. 

We changed our Star Pride booking for December over to the WindSurf when they changed the embarkation to St Martin. Since getting the new booking, I cannot Manage my Booking on MY Windstar. When I click on the button, it takes me to a 1-day Ghost Sailing back in San Juan! My TA worked several days with WS management and they said it’s a common problem with their system when a booking is changed...and it can’t be fixed!  So now I have to book any excursions directly through WS or have my TA do it, so can’t see if the excursions are available until I call WS. Oh well, but wanted to let you know what they told me in case your issue is similar.

Yes I have a similar situation. I can only manage one of my future bookings; for the other it just takes me back to my next upcoming cruise.  Quite annoying.  When I called several months, they told me the same thing..that it is a known problem and they are working on it.

4 hours ago, Snow cat said:

Yes I have a similar situation. I can only manage one of my future bookings; for the other it just takes me back to my next upcoming cruise.  Quite annoying.  When I called several months, they told me the same thing..that it is a known problem and they are working on it.

I have the same problem. I thought it was just me!

Good news! I checked this morning and mine is working again. The Manage my Booking button goes to the correct cruise and the Purchase Shore Excursions works so it looks like they found a fix. Now to book some excursions for the 12/28 trip on WindSurf!

BTW, looking at the choices, there a couple of 4x4 open-air vehicle trips. Has anyone gone on one of these? Are you alone in the vehicle or sharing with others. Thanks!

3 hours ago, SailMaine said:

Now to book some excursions for the 12/28 trip on WindSurf!

Hi SailMaine -

Join our roll call!  

I'm just starting to review the excursions (December still feels a long way off!).

RemPuck

• Thanks 1