Minisuite Sofabed on Majestic

CalLuvsCrusingToo

If anyone has sailed on Majestic in Minisuite & used the Sofabed for a Third person.

Can you tell me what the bed was like? 

Long & narrow like Twin?  The kind that Doesn't interfere with walking by to go out to the Balcony.

Or, it folds out like a double with the infamous Bar in the middle of your back?  And stops the walkthru to balcony.

Thank you

On 4/26/2021 at 2:53 PM, CalLuvsCrusingToo said:

If anyone has sailed on Majestic in Minisuite & used the Sofabed for a Third person.

Can you tell me what the bed was like? 

Long & narrow like Twin?  The kind that Doesn't interfere with walking by to go out to the Balcony.

Or, it folds out like a double with the infamous Bar in the middle of your back?  And stops the walkthru to balcony.

Thank you

Three of us sailed in a suite on the Majestic and the third bed is a fold out sofa bed - I'd say a double bed width. When it is folded out you have to climb over it to get to the balcony.   Since the fleet wide roll out of the fancy mattresses, the ships no longer carry mattress toppers so the fold out sofa bed was uncomfortable, with no solution available.   It was the only disappointment we had though as the suite was magnificent.  Cheers. 

Skynight,  I saw your photo and HOPED our third bed would be like that.

More of a twin mattress & doesn't block balcony door.

Vickie is saying its the foldout sofa bed with bar in your back, in their Suite.

So I'm wondering which is it, in the Minisuite?  thanks

I only know what is in the posting, no 1st hand information. The initial photos by are the mini suite sofa. As I read it it was used in the unfolded position, thus it did not block access to the balcony.  Later on in the post there are photos of a person laying down on a full suite sofa, not a mini suite. It is different. 

• 2 weeks later...

You didn't say which cabins you are looking at.  

I did a quick google search for videos of Majestic Princess Minisuites.  From what I can tell from the 3 videos I found, the minisuites along the sides of the ship, in the traditional mini layout, all appear to have the 3 seater sofa, which on the newer ships is the pull up single / twin mattress in the pictures above. 

The 3 rd video I found was of one of the FORWARD mini's - they have a completely different layout, and it appeared that the sofa in that mini in the video was a TWO SEATER - my guess is that for a two seater to become a bed, it is the pull out old style.  A two seater is too narrow to make a twin / single long enough.  

So, if you have a "on the side of the ship" mini, you'll likely have a 3 seater sofa with the new twin bed configuration, but if you have a "forward" mini, it'll be a two seater sofa with old style pull out bed.  

It would be nice if the people posting these videos would at least lift the cushions to show the bed part, but none of the ones I found bothered to do that.  

On 4/27/2021 at 11:13 PM, V_icki_e said:

Three of us sailed in a suite on the Majestic and the third bed is a fold out sofa bed - I'd say a double bed width. When it is folded out you have to climb over it to get to the balcony.   Since the fleet wide roll out of the fancy mattresses, the ships no longer carry mattress toppers so the fold out sofa bed was uncomfortable, with no solution available.   It was the only disappointment we had though as the suite was magnificent.  Cheers. 

Oh no! We requested a mattress topper and it was just fine for the sofa bed! Hearing that they are no longer available is a problem! This will affect future mom and daughters cruises 😞

Thanks so much for figuring that out for us!

Mom was thrilled when I gave her the Cruise news on Mothers day, yesterday😀

Since you were so nice to figure out that the Fwd minisuites have the 2 seater pullout....😮

I am going to call Princess asap & MOVE us to a minisuite on the SIDE with

the 3 seater!  😬

(Cuz that will probably be Mine, and I know darn well that will be alittle more comfortable

than the typical "Bar in your Back" pullout!) 

Thanks!

3 hours ago, CalLuvsCrusingToo said:

Thanks so much for figuring that out for us!

Mom was thrilled when I gave her the Cruise news on Mothers day, yesterday😀

Since you were so nice to figure out that the Fwd minisuites have the 2 seater pullout....😮

I am going to call Princess asap & MOVE us to a minisuite on the SIDE with

the 3 seater!  😬

(Cuz that will probably be Mine, and I know darn well that will be alittle more comfortable

than the typical "Bar in your Back" pullout!) 

Thanks!

No problem .... hope it all works out!     Here's the forward facing minisuite video that I found.   You can see the sofa near the end of the video.   

Oh, just want to point out that the video is an anomaly.  The suite above, L107 is actually a suite larger than a mini suite (although it is a mini suite category, Club Class).  The regular mini suites (and for the most part the majority of Club Class mini Suites) don't look like that.