Will the phone lines crash at 8.30?

bungle66

4 minutes ago, jaydee6969 said:

Well that was painless and quick.  All booked direct with P&O onto A311 in my 1st choice of cabin and all discounts applied.

Happy days, best get back to work.

Happy days indeed. Enjoy the cruise.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, jaydee6969 said:

Well that was painless and quick.  All booked direct with P&O onto A311 in my 1st choice of cabin and all discounts applied.

Happy days, best get back to work.

We got sorted on Monday joining the week before you for 20 nights and also a 14 nighter in October. Might add on another 14 nights from Valletta depending on the itinerary when they release the next batch at the back end. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Manx buoy said:

We got sorted on Monday joining the week before you for 20 nights and also a 14 nighter in October. Might add on another 14 nights from Valletta depending on the itinerary when they release the next batch at the back end. 

Cool, that will be a cracking holiday.  We are planning on flying back to Malta for a 14 nighter in the summer of 2023 to replace this years cancelled one.

• Like 1

Still waiting for P&O to allocate cabins.  It was done about 10am yesterday, but when we sign in it still says cabin not allocated and the website has not been through a non activity stage which it did when cabins were allocated yesterday.  Is it often this late?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, wowzz said:

I think you're right - we are trying for the 20 day repo - it's fantastic value for money,  and therefore likely to be in high demand, leaving less choice for the 13 day segment.

Good luck - I hope you get what you want.  

Got our allocation now for the 20 night one.  Deck B like for the October cruise, but to the back end of the HB grade this time, so  not as well placed as yesterday, but doable and a good price.

Did you get the suite, or if not something you are happy with?

Barbara

• Like 2

Well, as I thought, we didn't get a suite. Disappointed,  but not really surprised.

However we did get a superior deluxe balcony in exactly the position we wanted - starboard side, mid rear. And the price, imho, is a steal. £100 pppd, and that includes Birmingham flights. 

So, overall, pretty happy.

Now to wait for the Saga summer 2023 cruises to be released!  

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Well, as I thought, we didn't get a suite. Disappointed,  but not really surprised.

However we did get a superior deluxe balcony in exactly the position we wanted - starboard side, mid rear. And the price, imho, is a steal. £100 pppd, and that includes Birmingham flights. 

Shame you didn't get the suite.  At least your happy overall.  Seems like some cruises have been busier than previously for things like suites and aft balconies.

6 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Shame you didn't get the suite.  At least your happy overall.  Seems like some cruises have been busier than previously for things like suites and aft balconies.

If you had told me 4 weeks ago that we would get that grade of cabin, plus flights, for a 20 day cruise,  for £2000 each, I'd have bitten your arm off, so, yes, overall, I'm pretty happy.

By all accounts this particular cruise was extremely popular -  I wonder if the revenue management team at P&O are reviewing their pricing strategy as we speak!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, wowzz said:

If you had told me 4 weeks ago that we would get that grade of cabin, plus flights, for a 20 day cruise,  for £2000 each, I'd have bitten your arm off, so, yes, overall, I'm pretty happy.

By all accounts this particular cruise was extremely popular -  I wonder if the revenue management team at P&O are reviewing their pricing strategy as we speak!

Have a great time!

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

As SoA said, enjoy your cruise.

As for the revenue management team, I think they are patting each other on the back saying "a job well done". I say that because what P&O need right now is cash in the bank and to show shareholders that there is confidence in cruising, what they don't need is loads of unsold cabins that they have to reduce the price to sell which, to the shareholders, looks like a lack of confidence in cruising.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MX-Drew said:

As SoA said, enjoy your cruise.

As for the revenue management team, I think they are patting each other on the back saying "a job well done". I say that because what P&O need right now is cash in the bank and to show shareholders that there is confidence in cruising, what they don't need is loads of unsold cabins that they have to reduce the price to sell which, to the shareholders, looks like a lack of confidence in cruising.

I suppose so, but 5% deposits are not going to make a big impact on the cash flow position. 

I would have thought that prices could have been at least 10% higher without affecting booking levels, but, as you say, perhaps they were just keen to capture pent up demand.

It will be interesting to see if Princess adopt the same approach, in which case we will know that pricing has been determined at  corporate, rather than brand,  level.

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

Well done you.  I will be getting off as you embark - there were no Glasgow flights for the repositioning one so I am on the one before. Good price though (even for solos).  Incidentally there are no inside cabins left now either so looks like they’ve practically had a sell out.j

Edited by Ilovemygarden
Messed up reply!

11 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I suppose so, but 5% deposits are not going to make a big impact on the cash flow position. 

I would have thought that prices could have been at least 10% higher without affecting booking levels, but, as you say, perhaps they were just keen to capture pent up demand.

It will be interesting to see if Princess adopt the same approach, in which case we will know that pricing has been determined at  corporate, rather than brand,  level.

It appears, overseas at least, Princess are putting their deposits up as stated in a post on the Princess board and the Americans and Canadians are not too happy. Then again they can cancel anytime before full balance is due and get a full refund of the deposit. 

54 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Don't knock them wowzz, I am happy that they are still offering such good discounts to early bookers.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, terrierjohn said:

Don't knock them wowzz, I am happy that they are still offering such good discounts to early bookers.

Yes, it will be interesting to see where the prices are in a month or so .

• Like 1

Wowzz , glad you got your second choice of cabin. We are on the  17 March 13 night repositioning cruise as well, with Gatwick flights.  We may well be just above your cabin as we are C deck, mid ship starboard side. We will try not to be too noisy!

13 minutes ago, Kentish Lass said:

Wowzz , glad you got your second choice of cabin. We are on the  17 March 13 night repositioning cruise as well, with Gatwick flights.  We may well be just above your cabin as we are C deck, mid ship starboard side. We will try not to be too noisy!

I'll bang on the ceiling if things get out of hand !

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, jaydee6969 said:

Cool, that will be a cracking holiday.  We are planning on flying back to Malta for a 14 nighter in the summer of 2023 to replace this years cancelled one.

It’s more cost effective for us to cruise for as long as possible rather than paying to get on and off the rock 🇮🇲just for a week or two several times so tend to do the longer ones

• Like 1

Took 40 minutes to get through (their waiting music and constant reminders are annoying to say the least!) Couldn’t get a suite on Iona for hubby’s 60th, but went for a conservatory mini suite, cruise from Southampton to Spain for 14 nights 🙂  I wish the conservatory suites were a deck higher though! 

7 hours ago, Manx buoy said:

We were thinking that, then realised it will be the Easter school hols and the idea lost all appeal.

2 hours ago, Kentish Lass said:

There will be 2 of us above wowzz, we have starboard mid/aft C deck cabin.  🤣

1 hour ago, tring said:

We were thinking that, then realised it will be the Easter school hols and the idea lost all appeal.

Forgot about that🤦‍♂️ it’ll be a while before they’re released so plenty of time to decide. It seems a very popular cruise the repo one loads on FB have booked as well as the ones on here. Fantastic prices if we do the next one and get the B2B discount along with the OBC and shareholders OBC if they’re still doing it gives us a nett cost of £960p.p.for 20 nights can’t complain at that

8 hours ago, wowzz said:

Sorry you didn’t get your suite wowzz but glad you got something booked and a good price too