Still alot of uncertainly as to which cruises are a go? How soon with RCCL let us know?

1 minute ago, Jimbo said:

Okay, what do you think will happen if it starts off bad?

The cruise industry will do its best to keep it out of the media. It will launch an ain't cruising great campaign and will finance a few Hallmark cruise related movies. 🙂

18 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

It won't, that's the point. I don't know where your incessant negativity comes from. Honestly, I browsed the comments you've made over the past few days and it sure seems like anytime someone says anything positive about cruising restarting, you barge in like the proverbial wet blanket. What gives? Why so negative?

Not sure how you can guarantee that at this point. (It won't)

Guess the cruislines should just carryon......

I could be very positive about all this, if in the last 14 months we have seen anything that looks positive from sailing from a US Port.

But I haven't seen it, until then my comments I guess look negative. Sorry I'm not in to make believe.  Just commenting on what I seen and read.

Wishful thinking and giving positive comments is not what is going to get people cruising again. I hope that is not what people are thinking?

Edited by Jimbo

10 minutes ago, broberts said:

The cruise industry will do its best to keep it out of the media. It will launch an ain't cruising great campaign and will finance a few Hallmark cruise related movies. 🙂

To many cell phones in this world for that to happen. If there is even the slightest issue you will see and hear about it.

Well, I guess in the absence of any certainty about what will happen once cruising resumes from the US, you can choose to be upbeat and optimistic, or a Gloomy Gus and predict the worst. (you could also be agnostic about it and just say you have no idea)

Here's why I'm optimistic:

1. Cruising restarted last August with the MSC Grandiosa and has been a smashing success.

2. Cruising has continued in Europe and Asia without the entire industry shutting down due to massive Covid outbreaks, which your earlier comment clearly envisions

3. The cruise lines that are restarting in the Caribbean are adhering to strict protocols including vaccination requirements and PCR tests.

In short, the cruising industry has been able to carry hundreds of thousands of passengers since last August, and while there have been isolated incidents of Covid transmission, they've been very few and contained. And the cruise lines are already announcing how they'll prevent sick passengers from ever getting on, and have protocols in place to deal with any cases while sailing.

So what data points do YOU have to support your assumptions that it'll all go bad from the very start?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

Well, I guess in the absence of any certainty about what will happen once cruising resumes from the US, you can choose to be upbeat and optimistic, or a Gloomy Gus and predict the worst. (you could also be agnostic about it and just say you have no idea)

1. Cruising restarted last August with the MSC Grandiosa and has been a smashing success.

2. Cruising has continued in Europe and Asia without the entire industry shutting down due to massive Covid outbreaks, which your earlier comment clearly envisions

3. The cruise lines that are restarting in the Caribbean are adhering to strict protocols including vaccination requirements and PCR tests.

In short, the cruising industry has been able to carry hundreds of thousands of passengers since last August, and while there have been isolated incidents of Covid transmission, they've been very few and contained. And the cruise lines are already announcing how they'll prevent sick passengers from ever getting on, and have protocols in place to deal with any cases while sailing.

So what data points do YOU have to support your assumptions that it'll all go bad from the very start?

CDC not allowing cruising from the US Ports is good enough for me. When they say it's safe, we all cruise.

How do we know for sure how many cases there has been from those other cruises in those other countries?

Example: China reporting????Fact or Fiction?

Edited by Jimbo

1 minute ago, Jimbo said:

CDC not allowing cruising from the US Ports is good enough for me. When they say it's safe, we all cruise.

Agreed, but that isn't what I asked you. You implied there'd be disaster right from the beginning, I asked you how you knew that, and you didn't answer.

Fortunately for us, the CDC is working with the industry to ensure a safe return to sailing from the US, as early as mid-July, so things are looking up. Have a good day, Jimbo!

I'm off the clock now... ☺️

23 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

IF the US beings cruising with the same strict protocols including vaccination requirements and PCR tests, then I will be very optimistic.

If we decide that we have to be different, and have less restrictions on those things, then it's a disaster waiting to happen.

If we point to the rest of the  world's success as to reasons why we should cruise, and then we start cruising without the same protocols that made them successful, then we are just asking for it. It's naive. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DCGuy64 said:

Agreed, but that isn't what I asked you. You implied there'd be disaster right from the beginning, I asked you how you knew that, and you didn't answer.

Fortunately for us, the CDC is working with the industry to ensure a safe return to sailing from the US, as early as mid-July, so things are looking up. Have a good day, Jimbo!

I'm off the clock now... ☺️

If there is a way to mess it up, American people will, some have no discipline.

Known for breaking rules........

2 minutes ago, jrapps said:

IF the US beings cruising with the same strict protocols including vaccination requirements and PCR tests, then I will be very optimistic.

If we decide that we have to be different, and have less restrictions on those things, then it's a disaster waiting to happen.

If we point to the rest of the  world's success as to reasons why we should cruise, and then we start cruising without the same protocols that made them successful, then we are just asking for it. It's naive. 

Interesting, we posted the same answer at the same time, yours might have been a little nicer then how I stated it though. 🙂

23 hours ago, jrapps said:

5 - Agreements with hotels for shoreside housing facilities to isolate and quarantine passengers for up to 14 days in the event of a outbreak

This may end up being a requirement, but if it is it will be absurd for the CDC to demand it.  Every single day there are 50,000 positive tests per day in the US, and not one of those people is required to isolate anywhere.  Yes they're requested to, but why should cruise ship passengers be any different?  

5 hours ago, Jimbo said:

I do have a good feeling it will start soon, in fact has already done so over the pond.  You are not privy to their conversations anyway.  I happen to believe they've been talking all these months.  We are preparing to cruise in September.🥰

Edited by BecciBoo

41 minutes ago, bouhunter said:

This may end up being a requirement, but if it is it will be absurd for the CDC to demand it.  Every single day there are 50,000 positive tests per day in the US, and not one of those people is required to isolate anywhere.  Yes they're requested to, but why should cruise ship passengers be any different?  

“May?” 
As of now, it is a requirement and there is no indication that the CDC is letting go of it. 
These type of requirements is what is keeping my optimism low for a quick restart. 

53 minutes ago, jrapps said:

But the governor of Florida stated the rest of the world was cruising without any pesky Covid protocols 

1 minute ago, not-enough-cruising said:

But the governor of Florida stated the rest of the world was cruising without any pesky Covid protocols 

If "requiring vaccines" is the same thing as "without any pesky Covid protocols" then that is the only way that makes sense.

The governor of Florida SAYS a lot of things...very few of them turn out to be well though out or true.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, jrapps said:

If "requiring vaccines" is the same thing as "without any pesky Covid protocols" then that is the only way that makes sense.

The governor of Florida SAYS a lot of things...very few of them turn out to be well though out or true.

Preaching to the choir brother, but his quote below responding to a vaccine requirement is just unreal

“These cruise ships are sailing in other parts of the world where they don't even have vaccines available and they're doing it safely and people are having a good time on it. So so they can do it."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Preaching to the choir brother, but his quote below responding to a vaccine requirement is just unreal

“These cruise ships are sailing in other parts of the world where they don't even have vaccines available and they're doing it safely and people are having a good time on it. So so they can do it."

Very curious as to where are these places that have 1) started cruising again and 2) have NO vaccines available. 

1 hour ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Is he really that ignorant? 

1 hour ago, bouhunter said:

It’s simple. CDC’s mandate is to keep infections from entering the US. That’s why the travel restrictions and testing for entry back into the US for citizens.  The CDC may only have nominal actual control over everyday cases here, but if they can control quarantine they will. And not all passengers will be US citizens.  I think that they eased up quarantine rules for vaccinated passengers in the most recent changes:  drive passengers can go home and quarantine there.  Others can quarantine at a local hotel.  

56 minutes ago, harkinmr said:

It’s simple. CDC’s mandate is to keep infections from entering the US. That’s why the travel restrictions and testing for entry back into the US for citizens.  The CDC may only have nominal actual control over everyday cases here, but if they can control quarantine they will. And not all passengers will be US citizens.  I think that they eased up quarantine rules for vaccinated passengers in the most recent changes:  drive passengers can go home and quarantine there.  Others can quarantine at a local hotel.  

It's simple.  Tens of millions are vaccinated.  Tens and tens of millions have antibodies.  Cases, hospitalizations and deaths are dropping.  Quarantining a few hundred people in hotels from an occasional cruise ship would be ridiculous and meaningless at this point in the overall pandemic.  But the CDC sure loves to keep their thumb down on the cruise industry. 

Edited by bouhunter
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, harkinmr said:

I hope that the CDC is enforcing the same protocols for cruising to the Southern border...........if they are trying to keep infections from entering the US.

• Like 4