Detailed information about cabins

Tys Mom

When planning a trip on another cruise lines a while back, I remember being able to get detailed cabin information (bed facing forward or aft, etc.) about a certain cabin number.  I was wondering if that kind of information is available for Norwegian ships?  I'm planning a trip on the Gem.

Thank you 🙂 

If there's a particular one you're thinking of, sometimes you can get results by googling the ship and cabin number... There was a website that specialized in what you're looking for, but I forgot what it was. Cruise ship cabins dot com?...

There is a group on a very popular social media site (think of nose/library) that posts detailed photos, etc. of cabins across many different cruise lines.  You could start there.

15 minutes ago, GA Dave said:

There is a group on a very popular social media site (think of nose/library) that posts detailed photos, etc. of cabins across many different cruise lines.  You could start there.

Usually I can figure out things...but  (nose/library) has me stumped.  Maybe I need more coffee.  

Edited by PTC DAWG
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Can't find the info for a specific cabin - look at a deck plan and check out the adjacent

cabins - some maybe mirror images of what you are looking for -

Another source check on the other side of the ship (port-starboard v-v) for cabins in

similar locations.

You will probably note that a large percentage of the cabins on a given ship are of a

cookie cutter shape - same old pattern alternating mirror images.

With some of the deck plan websites look for the photo icon or YouTube logo for visual

aspects of that cabin.

Using common search sites: i.e. Google -----  NCL GEM xxxxx (x's representing cabin number)

Go to this LINK for info about the GEM:

Norwegian Gem Deck Plans, Diagrams, Pictures, Video (cruisedeckplans.com)

Browse around - that grey banner bar at the top (click) view the pictures

Scroll down for images of cabin arrangement 

5 hours ago, Tys Mom said:

I'm planning a trip on the Gem.

Besides the advice you've been given above, in case you are not aware, the Gem is part of NCL's "Jewel class" of ships --- the Jewel, the Jade, and the Pearl are the others.  They are sister ships, and pretty much identical when it comes to things like cabin configurations.  So if you are trying to find out info, for example, about a specific balcony cabin on the Gem but find a video tour of the same numbered cabin on the Jewel, go with that.    (You Tube is a great resource for cruise cabin videos.)

Also, feel free to do a search in this forum for cabin numbers; you will often find info that way.  And, if you have questions about specific cabins, you can ask them as well. 

We love the Gem. Hope you do too!