CDC-update May 5th

Tjcalley

12 minutes ago, kleibo said:

I totally agree and I will be taking my dollars somewhere else.   I have 2 cruises booked and if the mandate is mask by the pool, I will be cancelling both.  And in my opinion only, I believe many others will too.

I, for one, just want to understand their reasoning behind their requirements as other parts of the vacation industry does not have these types of requirements.  I don't grasp it and maybe I'm the dumb one here - but why can I sit at a hotel pool, socially distanced, not knowing who is vaxxed or not and be unmasked.  But I have to sit masked by the pool on a cruise ship when 95/98 are vaxxed.

I already cancelled for this reason 6 cruises.  My next one now is July 2022.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, kirtihk said:

Until they become draconical ...

Nope.  Doesn't change anything.  Move to get the policy or regulation changed through lawful means.  Violation of the policy or regulation is not lawful means.  That will get you an invitation to leave or be ejected.  It's pretty simple.

Edited by harkinmr
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

I'm perplexed by your comment. You can get a ticket and have to go to court for not wearing a seat belt or helmet. But, I do not believe even though you made the comparison to getting the vaccine that you believe you should have legal consequences for choosing not to get vaccinated.

You shouldn't get a ticket or have to go to court for not wearing a seat belt or helmet. It's really revenuing for the most part justified as saving people from themselves. Adults choose risk and live/die with the consequences. Only children need protecting (you should get a ticket for not buckling up kids or putting a helmet on them) but adults can make their own choices. The rest will work itself out naturally.   

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Stallion said:

There will be restrictions until the pandemic is essentially gone.

I have no issue with restrictions.  What i have issue with is 

1) they are not equally applied across industry

2) if Vaccinations are now no longer the deciding factor on when there WILL no longer be a need for restrictions (that no other industry or business has to follow) what will be the deciding factor and...

3) WHEN will the pandemic be deemed "essentially gone" (now that current agreement is that it will be with us going forward just like the Flu) and by whom?  

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, harkinmr said:

Nope.  Doesn't change anything.  Move to get the policy or regulation changed through lawful means.  Violation of the policy or regulation is not lawful means.  That will get you an invitation to leave or be ejected.  It's pretty simple.

Amen. Too many people don't have any respect for laws or policies as they think it is their God given right to do whatever they want. Some will say my state doesn't have any policies on things like mask wearing but conveniently omit that several businesses do including retail giants that many just arrogantly violate that companies policy.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cruisingguy007 said:

Good god man! Get some streaming/cable and turn off the Jerry Springer reruns. 😁

There are men who have put their life on the line or who have passed on working in dangerous conditions who may have watched Springer when not doing so. They deserve better.

21 minutes ago, kleibo said:

I totally agree and I will be taking my dollars somewhere else.   I have 2 cruises booked and if the mandate is mask by the pool, I will be cancelling both.  And in my opinion only, I believe many others will too.

I, for one, just want to understand their reasoning behind their requirements as other parts of the vacation industry does not have these types of requirements.  I don't grasp it and maybe I'm the dumb one here - but why can I sit at a hotel pool, socially distanced, not knowing who is vaxxed or not and be unmasked.  But I have to sit masked by the pool on a cruise ship when 95/98 are vaxxed.

Because on a cruise ship you are surrounded by ocean air which is an additional danger. I can create a few more dozens of reasoning if anyone wishes.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kirtihk said:

Because on a cruise ship you are surrounded by ocean air which is an additional danger. I can create a few more dozens of reasoning if anyone wishes.

"create"   lol

that's a moving target

for example if the United States reduced infections down to 2% of its high but India or some other country still has raging infections, I'd want to draft restrictions easing restrictions on American passengers while still restricting passengers from other countries like India.  There are still going to be restrictions for the foreseeable future whether by country, departure ports, visiting ports or cruise lines

1 minute ago, embarkation75 said:

Some will say my state doesn't have any policies on things like mask wearing but conveniently omit that several businesses do including retail giants that many just arrogantly violate that companies policy.

Companies must up hold state and federal laws but if there are no laws they can't enforce policies that discriminate against individuals. These companies can encourage mask wearing if they choose.

Just now, kleibo said:

"create"   lol

Exactly! That’s what is happening. They create, and obey. When I said 15 months ago - “flu like”, it’s an offense, but now they say the same, and, all of a sudden, it is a science. It was so obvious to me back then.

12 minutes ago, kirtihk said:

I'm seeing good potential here. I'm game for more reasons.👍

Edited by bamaone
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, cruisingguy007 said:

You shouldn't get a ticket or have to go to court for not wearing a seat belt or helmet. It's really revenuing for the most part justified as saving people from themselves. Adults choose risk and live/die with the consequences. Only children need protecting (you should get a ticket for not buckling up kids or putting a helmet on them) but adults can make their own choices. The rest will work itself out naturally.   

You say "you shouldn't", but the reality is you do. Therefore your analogy is poor. And BTW, everyone's insurance rates are affected by whether you wear a seat belt or not. Or is car insurance something else you object to despite driving is a privilege not a right? Or maybe the states requiring a driver's license is something else you object to.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ontheweb said:

You say "you shouldn't", but the reality is you do. Therefore your analogy is poor. And BTW, everyone's insurance rates are affected by whether you wear a seat belt or not. Or is car insurance something else you object to despite driving is a privilege not a right? Or maybe the states requiring a driver's license is something else you object to.

Sorry I'm a sovereign citizen so I don't recognize the usurpation of a state government over my rights

😎

52 minutes ago, kleibo said:

The cruise lines are trying to cruise with 95/98 vaccinated - and the CDC still came out with massive restrictions.  This has nothing to do with vaccinations of the general public.

Agree with this. It is possible to think the vaccines are a great thing (fully vaccinated, here!) and also think the CDC is completely off the rails. It's not an either/or position.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, bamaone said:

I'm seeing good potential here. I game for more reasons.👍

Here: because on the ship they clean after and around you every few minutes like nowhere else on the Earth, and as result there is a potential to spread more by a cleaner near you all the time (though  I do not know what she might spread being sanitized with chemicals inside out herself and with a rag on her face).

3 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

Who pissed in your cheerios this morning? You side busted in with some ridiculous angle just to pick an argument about something that no one is even discussing, I cordially explained, yet here you are again doubling down. Aint nobody got time for your nonsense. Go find someone else to bicker with or scream at the sky. Good day! 

22 minutes ago, kdr69 said:

I have no issue with restrictions.  What i have issue with is 

1) they are not equally applied across industry

2) if Vaccinations are now no longer the deciding factor on when there WILL no longer be a need for restrictions (that no other industry or business has to follow) what will be the deciding factor and...

3) WHEN will the pandemic be deemed "essentially gone" (now that current agreement is that it will be with us going forward just like the Flu) and by whom?  

I have a problem with restrictions. Masks make no sense for private islands with everyone vaccinated and outdoors. So can I take off my mask in the water. 

I saw where young kids playing soccer outdoors have to wear them because it's close contact. 

They are equally dumb.

• Like 2

Wearing a mask is not discrimination. People might not like it which I get, but that is not a descrimanatory act. Nothing in the bible that says that either. Oh the level of ignorance is amazing. Unless you have some major physical disability that prevents you from wearing one (e.g., COPD), businesses have every right to enforce a mask wearing policy on patrons and/or workers even when no laws exist on that policy. Basic stuff here that is being glossed over by some due to arrogance.

Edited by embarkation75
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, embarkation75 said:

Wearing a mask is not discrimination. People might not like it which I get, but that is not a descrimanatory act. Nothing in the bible that says that either. Oh the level of ignorance is amazing. Unless you have some major physical disability, businesses have every right to enforce a mask wearing policy on patrons and/or workers.

What do you mean by "Nothing in the bible that says that either"?

30 minutes ago, embarkation75 said:

Amen. Too many people don't have any respect for laws or policies as they think it is their God given right to do whatever they want. Some will say my state doesn't have any policies on things like mask wearing but conveniently omit that several businesses do including retail giants that many just arrogantly violate that companies policy.

Store mask policies are neither laws nor regs - they merely are conditions for entering that private business. The worst that can happen is they throw you out (unless you create a disturbance, then law enforcement may be called). Moreover, if you have a disability and are unable to wear a mask, stores are public accommodations and must reasonably accommodate you. Any public accommodation that indicates "no exceptions" is setting itself up for an ADA lawsuit.