Proof of Vaccination from 17th May in England

Pink-belle

16 minutes ago, lindylooellalouise said:

I had thought it would be valid for a year, bit of a pain updating it every 4 weeks or so but it’s better than nothing and if it gets us back cruising and doing thinks we love so be it.😃

Why do you need to update it if you're not travelling abroad?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MX-Drew said:

Not so sure as on the phone yesterday they said it was valid for 30 days.

June 20th isn't 30 days from now, and why does everyone's say the same.  And maybe they were just stating actual  fact, not the reason why it's limited to 20th June

Edited by buchanan101
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Pink-belle said:

I haven’t done it again, as I don’t “need” it yet, I will wait until I am within the 30 days of travel window, so the system is free for this who really need it at the moment. 

Although  my husband might try it out when he gets home 😏

When he gets home you can check his app. Any doubts, dinner is in the shed🤣

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, buchanan101 said:

There should be two options now:

• Share your Covid-19 status
  • Check your Covid-19 vaccine record

The certificate is a few clicks through on the first link which is the new addition. 

👍Thanks.

On 5/8/2021 at 11:35 AM, MX-Drew said:

My guess is that the relevant information with be (if it has not already been) entered into a database read by the NHS app. The transfer of data from one database to another is a simple one line SQL command and would only take a hour (I doubt even that long) for all the required data to be transfered.

So get ready to download the NHS app as it makes sense that is the only one that will be accepted otherwise you have train staff to cope with a number of different apps etc. 

I downloaded the App as soon as I heard your Covid vaccine results would be on there.  Sure enough my first one was.  I had my second one on Saturday and my results were on the app a couple of hours later!  Can’t expect anything better than that really!

• Like 3

On 5/17/2021 at 8:41 PM, ann141 said:

Having got our passports out ready to download the NHS App I noticed that my hubbys passport photo on main page is in colour whereas mine is in black and white.Although we both applied for  new passports the same evening, hubbys went to one passport office and he received the old colour passport ' mine went to a different office and I received one of the new blue passports (hubby was quite envious!!)Just wondering if all the new passports have black and white photos or if its because they had problems accepting my photo due to 'shading' issues (probably black circles, wrinkles and age spots!)

I didn't realise that they were issuing the blue passports already.  

3 hours ago, lindylooellalouise said:

Hi all just received  in the post my covid vaccination proof from NHS and there is no expiration date on anywhere, 

That is strange because when you ring they say you should be travelling in the next 30 days which implies a time limit although it could be done so the people who need it get it first.

Edited by MX-Drew

1 hour ago, MX-Drew said:

That is strange because when you ring they say you should be travelling in the next 30 days which implies a time limit although it could be done so the people who need it get it first.

Yes I thought it would have had the same expiration date as is on the one we can download from the NHS app, but I’m happy there is no expiration date so. Looks like this one will suffice for all my cruises this year 👍

I took me 10 minutes yesterday afternoon to download the app and do the necessary. A further 10 minutes and my registration was confirmed. It was a bit strange recording the short video but all in all a pretty painless exercise. My 1st jab is recorded along with a list of every medicine I have been prescribed since 2005! I get my 2nd jab tomorrow, and have optimistically got 4 cruises booked, though nothing until late September.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

UK Government web page has been updated again, with another option to receive a vaccine status letter.  You can now request a letter through the NHS website.

Website:- https://www.gov.uk/guidance/demonstrating-your-covid-19-vaccination-status-when-travelling-abroad

Link to NHS request site:- https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/covid-status-letter/

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MX-Drew said:

The expiry date has changed to the 07 December 2021 on the vaccine status on the NHS app.

Cheers, hadn't noticed that.  States it will auto-update now.

Still ordered paper ones direct from website, belt & braces scenario.  Can't wait to get on board.