Proof of Vaccination from 17th May in England

Pink-belle

11 minutes ago, Tilly20 said:

I’ve just checked on my NHS app and the vaccine update has already happened! 
I have no access to other medical records but my covid vaccine details are now showing. 

Same here, log on straight to vaccination page. Well done NHS.

image.png.5b39ad227777c93e6da7c3f8dabad8b5.png

• Like 4

If you are worried about WiFi at terminal,  bring up page at home put phone or tablet to sleep (do not switch off just sleep mode) , when you wake it up at terminal should page is still be there.

Caveat my test was only sleeping for 10 minutes.  

33 minutes ago, Windsurfboy said:

If you are worried about WiFi at terminal,  bring up page at home put phone or tablet to sleep (do not switch off just sleep mode) , when you wake it up at terminal should page is still be there.

Caveat my test was only sleeping for 10 minutes.  

If you sre worried about lack of a signal in the terminal, remember everyone would be in the same boat or in this case ...........not.

🙂

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, daiB said:

If you sre worried about lack of a signal in the terminal, remember everyone would be in the same boat or in this case ...........not.

🙂

You can take a screen shot of your covid vaccination information, and these can be accessed from your My Files folder even without internet access, you may also need to screen print the NHS home page which has your name, just in case any official queries its authenticity.

1 hour ago, daiB said:

🙂

Err may be not. There may be a lack of (for example) EE mobile signal but all the others are ok. That said I think it would be safe to assume that free WiFi will be available at the ports etc. after all most services be it plane or ship have moved to or are moving to online tickets which you would have to access on your mobile device.

I really think there is a lot of worry of nothing here. I can just see the replies, "this is why I print everything out". 

54 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

You can take a screen shot of your covid vaccination information, and these can be accessed from your My Files folder even without internet access, you may also need to screen print the NHS home page which has your name, just in case any official queries its authenticity.

This is the problem with the NHS app as it would require two screenshots which is open then to fraud as the vaccine screenshot could be from anyone. The Patient Access app is better as it has your name, NHS number and vaccination status all on a single page.

29 minutes ago, MX-Drew said:

Err may be not. There may be a lack of (for example) EE mobile signal but all the others are ok. That said I think it would be safe to assume that free WiFi will be available at the ports etc. after all most services be it plane or ship have moved to or are moving to online tickets which you would have to access on your mobile device.

I really think there is a lot of worry of nothing here. I can just see the replies, "this is why I print everything out". 

We tend to print out the important stuff. Microsoft have frozen my email account a couple of times in unusual locations. Getting back on is a pain. If some person pinches your phone, you drop it down loo, sit on it, dog eats it, just not getting a signal is the least of your worries. Print it and no problem.

• Like 3

I dont understand why everyone is worrying about proof of vaccine and doing screenshots or other ways. If you have a smartphone and mobile wi-fi then there is no problem if like us you have a PAYG smartphone and rely on free wi-fi and just to be on the safe side we will ring 119 and ask for a paper copy off the NHS as a back up in case no free wi-fi. So there is really no need for any other way which risks gambling as it might not be as recognised and accepted as proof.

• Like 5

20 hours ago, zap99 said:

We tend to print out the important stuff. Microsoft have frozen my email account a couple of times in unusual locations. Getting back on is a pain. If some person pinches your phone, you drop it down loo, sit on it, dog eats it, just not getting a signal is the least of your worries. Print it and no problem.

Until they don’t accept that form of proof.🤣

19 hours ago, majortom10 said:

I dont understand why everyone is worrying about proof of vaccine and doing screenshots or other ways. If you have a smartphone and mobile wi-fi then there is no problem if like us you have a PAYG smartphone and rely on free wi-fi and just to be on the safe side we will ring 119 and ask for a paper copy off the NHS as a back up in case no free wi-fi. So there is really no need for any other way which risks gambling as it might not be as recognised and accepted as proof.

This is what I have been saying but some posters think you have to pay your phone provider for free WiFi 🤦‍♂️
As the Major says either use your phone on free WiFi (never had a problem at any airport or terminal I have been to) or dial 119!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

What about those of us who do not have or are unable to use an i, smart, android or whatever phone who have the old doro phone with the big buttons instead?

2 hours ago, ace2542 said:

What about those of us who do not have or are unable to use an i, smart, android or whatever phone who have the old doro phone with the big buttons instead?

I have one of those which is great for phone calls and texts. Mine is PAYG. I also have a cheap Android smartphone which does not have a SIM installed (I don't like touch screens). This works just fine with both the NHS Apps and lots of other stuff besides, it also has an emergency call option, apparently even smartphones without a SIM can still make emergency calls.

I will take my Doro, Smartphone and the 119 paper copy, all sorted so no need to worry. 🙂

• Like 2

6 hours ago, davecttr said:

I have one of those which is great for phone calls and texts. Mine is PAYG. I also have a cheap Android smartphone which does not have a SIM installed (I don't like touch screens). This works just fine with both the NHS Apps and lots of other stuff besides, it also has an emergency call option, apparently even smartphones without a SIM can still make emergency calls.

I will take my Doro, Smartphone and the 119 paper copy, all sorted so no need to worry. 🙂

Interesting! Can you download the NHS app on a smartphone without the need for a sim card? That might be an answer for my elderly mum who doesn't have a smart phone, only an old brick lol.

2 hours ago, Shocked91 said:

For the NHS app did you havee to add proof of ID such as a  passport or driving licence? Thank you.

Yes, either of those. You take a photo of it and then scan your face. If they match, bingo. If they don't, try another face🤣

1 hour ago, Shocked91 said:

For the NHS app did you havee to add proof of ID such as a  passport or driving licence? Thank you.

We didn't but lots of people have, if you check back on the posts lots of us have had different experiences. I think if you have access to your records through other NHS systems such as systemonline then you have in effect already got ID approved and you just need to create an account on the app which will link. I would say get the app and follow the instructions and see what happens. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Yes, either of those. You take a photo of it and then scan your face. If they match, bingo. If they don't, try another face🤣

I was never asked to do any of that, it just seemed to accept me from my systmonline access.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I was never asked to do any of that, it just seemed to accept me from my systmonline access.

We haven't got that. So we were asked to take a photo of our ID. Then it scanned our faces and it confirmed that we were who we thought we were. Experiment to come....As we log on with e mail address and password, can we log onto the app using the app on each others phone ?. Wonderful stuff this technology, but a letter from 119 just in case.

Just to be difficult, but that's me all over........even  though I used  systemonline  for a few years,the NHS app asked me to take an ID picture, then a scan of my face. However, DH just put his NHS number in and it accepted him straight away . Luck of the draw 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ohnonotmeagain said:

Just to be difficult, but that's me all over........even  though I used  systemonline  for a few years,the NHS app asked me to take an ID picture, then a scan of my face. However, DH just put his NHS number in and it accepted him straight away . Luck of the draw 

As long as you accept that he is who he says, that's all that matters🤣