Adding Global Entry/TSA Pre to Booking

ricka47

We haven't used O's air program before but wanted to add our Global Entry/TSA Precheck number to our booking so that it would get added to our flight info. Does anyone know how that is done?

20 minutes ago, ricka47 said:

We haven't used O's air program before but wanted to add our Global Entry/TSA Precheck number to our booking so that it would get added to our flight info. Does anyone know how that is done?

If the O air department doesn’t do it, you can always add your KTN to the airline’s reservation record: https://www.tsa.gov/travel/frequently-asked-questions/how-do-i-add-my-ktn-previous-reservations.

Of course, if you carry your GE card with you (BTW, it can be used instead of REAL ID for newer/more stringent ID proof for air travel), it has your KTN on it.

1 hour ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

BTW, it can be used instead of REAL ID for newer/more stringent ID proof for air travel

True, but FYI the REAL ID requirement was recently postponed  again, this time until May 3, 2023 .

https://www.dhs.gov/real-id/real-id-faqs

"Q: When will REAL ID be enforced?

The enforcement date is May 3, 2023."

Given that the REAL ID law was enacted in 2005, sixteen years (or 18 years to the latest effective date) and numerous postponements later one has to wonder whether it ever will be implemented.

Edited by njhorseman

20 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

True, but FYI the REAL ID requirement was recently postponed  again, this time until May 3, 2023 .

Given that the REAL ID law was enacted in 2005, sixteen years (or 18 years to the latest effective date) and numerous postponements later one has to wonder whether it ever will be implemented.

It will be implemented at the same time that cruise ships are actually banned from Venice...  😉

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

I knew about postponement. And I agree that we may never see the Real ID mandate happen.

Nonetheless, and even though I don’t frequently drive across the US border, we long ago opted to add Passport cards to our ID collection as an alternative to carrying passport around in foreign locations. Like GE, passport cards will work in place of Real ID for domestic US air travel. 

7 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Of course, if you carry your GE card with you (BTW, it can be used instead of REAL ID for newer/more stringent ID proof for air travel), it has your KTN on it.

Thanks for posting this. My driver's license renews in 2025 but is not real ID compliant and I usually don't carry my passport when flying domestic - one more thing to lose😝. So, for me this is a good solution. Thank. again.

Edited by Croooser

21 hours ago, njhorseman said:

Very true.  Another indication as to why a mandatory Standard National vaccine  passport type of system will never happen.  Heck, our elected officials are considering making it illegal to even require a photo idea to vote in US elections.  (Or even register to vote).

My personal opinion is the Real ID law passed in 2006 is not fully implemented due to politics.  I do not think it will ever be fully implemented.

4 hours ago, jagoffee said:

My personal opinion is the Real ID law passed in 2006 is not fully implemented due to politics.  I do not think it will ever be fully implemented.

Unfortunately, we as a nation face far greater & graver problems than real ID that need to be resolved.