So the CDC have backed down

SpainAlien

16 minutes ago, HarpHarp said:

Not a problem, except if NCL only checks the database in the state where you reside. A national database seems to be a non-starter and cards are being forged left & right.

At this time NCL has no plans to directly check any state or federal database for US residents. Electronic documentation is only going to be used for residents of countries where that is the standard form of proof. NCL has not yet issued detailed requirements but because there is no standard electronic record in the US the likely documentation for most US residents will be the CDC's COVID vaccination card as that is the standard US document as of now . If a passenger can submit documentation obtained from their state's IIS I suspect that will also be acceptable. 

https://www.ncl.com/sail-safe#t4m1

What documents will be required to show proof of vaccination and when do I provide them?

Proof of vaccination must be submitted prior to sailing. Proof must be in the form of the original vaccination record document issued by either the country’s health authority that administered the vaccination or the guest's medical provider that completed the vaccine administration. Electronic vaccination records will be accepted for residents of countries where electronic documentation is the standard issued form. Communication regarding proof of vaccination submission will be sent to all booked guests in the 30 days prior to setting sail.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mpdog42 said:

If the poster tells the truth...I will go with "Give me a blue state for 1000 Alex"😁

5 hours ago, KennyFla said:

We have a lot of transplants.  But we are working on moving them out of the darkside.  🙂

Well since my initial response was removed I’ll tell you again. FLORIDA resident. Have been for over 20 years.  Not all of us think in lockstep.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HarpHarp said:

Not a problem, except if NCL only checks the database in the state where you reside. A national database seems to be a non-starter and cards are being forged left & right.

I will use my CDC card then.  I know I'm also registered with the CDC Covid Vaccination site, and have a bar code the cruise lines can scan to see my vaccine status of they want.

I have heard of those who are counterfeiting and forging CDC Federal COVID ID cards.  I've also know those who are doing so are not being allowed on the ships and their names being reported back to the Federal agencies for prosecution.

So, not only do they lose the fare they paid to cruise, they also face prosecution.  I guess if you want to risk all that, you can try.  But, the first time someone brags about counterfeiting or forging the CDC cards (and you know they will) it will be a public "bring down" and they'll be made an example of.  That's fine by me.

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 5/19/2021 at 11:49 AM, coffeebean said:

Then why do I keep hearing how the mRNA vaccines are protective against the variants that are circulating at this time? This was also stated by the CDC and why they are lifting mask mandates for vaccinated people outdoors and indoors. I know I heard the CDC state that the vaccines are protective against the variants. Or......did I dream that?

Neither Moderna nor Pfizer trials incorporated variants the way J&J did. 

14 minutes ago, ChutChut said:

But so far real world data is showing the mRNA has been spectacular against the variants.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, graphicguy said:

I will use my CDC card then.  I know I'm also registered with the CDC Covid Vaccination site, and have a bar code the cruise lines can scan to see my vaccine status of they want.

How does a person get registered with the CDC Covid Vaccination site?

1 hour ago, graphicguy said:

45 minutes ago, CaptainWoody said:

How does a person get registered with the CDC Covid Vaccination site?

There is no CDC COVID Vaccination site. I think @graphicguy is referring to his state's Immunization  Information System .

1 hour ago, ChutChut said:

Yes, that is true. Moderna and Pfizer vaccines are still protective against variants in real life efficiency, however. The protection is at the same level as the J&J vaccine. I'm encouraged to hear that. It does look like a booster may be in our future though.

Edited by coffeebean

2 hours ago, graphicguy said:

I have heard of those who are counterfeiting and forging CDC Federal COVID ID cards.  I've also know those who are doing so are not being allowed on the ships and their names being reported back to the Federal agencies for prosecution.

So, not only do they lose the fare they paid to cruise, they also face prosecution.  I guess if you want to risk all that, you can try.  But, the first time someone brags about counterfeiting or forging the CDC cards (and you know they will) it will be a public "bring down" and they'll be made an example of.  That's fine by me.

Let me get this straight: You know of people who have been caught using a fake cdc covid card and they not been allowed on board and their names are being turned into the feds for prosecution and they have lost their cruise fair??

That claim is absurd. You are going to need to supply a reference or risk looking even more ridiculous than the last time you made up claims off the top of your head. At this point, You have zero credibility. 

If you can supply any reference I’ll apologize for calling you out but until then, filling cruise critic with fake news does no members here any good. 

As far as I am aware, ncl has not disclosed how Cdc vaccine card Information will be collected let alone checked for validity. 

In addition, I don’t believe Americans been allowed to sail on any cruise ship requiring a cdc covid card yet, so unless I’m wrong (and i could be) it is physically impossible for your post to be true.