Restart schedule

10 minutes ago, mrlevin said:

Explorer 15 Nov 24 night round trip Miami looks fantastic; it is a circle Caribbean cruise; same that we did on Mariner as our first Radisson cruise in 2002.  As a new itinerary booking is wide open.

When I look at this itinerary on RSSC.com, it appears to be all waitlisted.

Both Explorer and Splendor will have around 36 hours in Miami after their transatlantic and before Caribbean.  No big deal on Explorer (as new itinerary) but 7 December Splendor is now 8 December losing a day.

Wendy, not yet open for booking.

Edited by mrlevin
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, mrlevin said:

Both Explorer and Splendor will have around 36 hours in Miami after their transatlantic and before Caribbean.  No big deal on Explorer (as new itinerary) but 7 December Splendor is now 8 December losing a day.

Wendy, not yet open for booking.

Ah, that makes sense.  The website seems to be in turmoil right now.  I'm sure that will be a very popular itinerary for those who just can't wait to start cruising again.  A little early for us, and perhaps those who feel they've "done" the Caribbean sufficiently.  But then again Explorer!  I'm hoping we'll just be happily settled into our place in Florida by that time, which will feel like a cruise to us.

8 minutes ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

I'm hoping we'll just be happily settled into our place in Florida by that time, which will feel like a cruise to us.

I'm hoping we're just returning from Manitoba - may the border be open for both of us. 😀

Edited to add:  Jason's video https://www.rssc.com/Regent-Returns

Edited by mrlevin
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, mrlevin said:

I'm hoping we're just returning from Manitoba - may the border be open for both of us. 😀

Edited to add:  Jason's video https://www.rssc.com/Regent-Returns

Thank you for linking that.  I'd say "Sign me up," except my DH and I had already booked 2 Regent cruises in the last few days.  Sadly, the first one isn't until August of 2022, but after the disappointment of the cancellation of our Splendor cruise last April, we're both cautiously optimistic about the restart.

7 minutes ago, Damaris1900 said:

Thank you for linking that.  I'd say "Sign me up," except my DH and I had already booked 2 Regent cruises in the last few days.  Sadly, the first one isn't until August of 2022, but after the disappointment of the cancellation of our Splendor cruise last April, we're both cautiously optimistic about the restart.

Now if your governor would just open up the Land of Enchantment!  I am trying to buy opera  tickets for Bastille Day but no joy; not selling any tickets until state figures out their reopening.

1 hour ago, mrlevin said:

Explorer 15 Nov 24 night round trip Miami looks fantastic; it is a circle Caribbean cruise; same that we did on Mariner as our first Radisson cruise in 2002.  As a new itinerary booking is wide open.

Can you see the exact itinerary anywhere? I can't find it.

1 hour ago, mrlevin said:

Now if your governor would just open up the Land of Enchantment!  I am trying to buy opera  tickets for Bastille Day but no joy; not selling any tickets until state figures out their reopening.

There will be a lot more opening up I understand when New Mexico hits 60% of the population being fully vaccinated.  We're at about 54% fully vaccinated right now, so keep checking!

Did I hear correctly in Jason's video presentation that Mariner will be in drydock immediately before resuming their cruise schedule with the Dec 18 Panama Canal itinerary from Miami to San Francisco?

8 hours ago, Pudgesmom said:

We want to cruise; we will wait to see what is offered. It’s impossible to figure out from the website the category of cabin we booked. The site shows different floor plans and photos for the Seven Seas suite. They do not match. (Cabin review thread here also does not have any reviews) We also do not want an unprotected balcony at the front of the ship for a transatlantic. 

Are you not able to sign in to rssc.com and find your booking? It should tell you what cruise you're on and what cabin you're in. If you can't do that call your TA and complain, and if they can't resolve the problem quickly, call Regent.

2 hours ago, SWFLAOK said:

Are you not able to sign in to rssc.com and find your booking? It should tell you what cruise you're on and what cabin you're in. If you can't do that call your TA and complain, and if they can't resolve the problem quickly, call Regent.

Yes, I’m perfectly capable of doing those things and did them all.

Perhaps you haven’t read the all the threads here? No, I can’t sign in and see my cruise because Regent removed it from my account. The ship was changed yesterday from the Mariner to the Explorer. Regent is busy reassigning cabins and my TA was told we will have more information by next Monday

3 hours ago, pingpong1 said:

Did I hear correctly in Jason's video presentation that Mariner will be in drydock immediately before resuming their cruise schedule with the Dec 18 Panama Canal itinerary from Miami to San Francisco?

Yes, he definitely said that.

• Like 1

On 5/22/2021 at 9:33 AM, Pcardad said:

I seriously doubt Mariner is going anywhere in October...and no word on insurance, required or otherwise.

Nailed it!

As well as your other posts predicting about a six week time frame between start ups. 🙂

We were booked on the Mariner for December 8,2021.as of today the cruise is no longer in my account, nor is it listed as an available cruise. I emailed my TA late  this afternoon and she had not received any information from Regent, and will be calling tomorrow morning..

UPDATE

Our cruise is no longer. But we are now moved to the Explorer for slightly different dates. We will receive an updated invoice that we can accept or decline, and will receive a full refund if we decline. Will receive on June 2nd. Cabin categories will be matched on the new itinerary. New bookings are on hold until all passengers from cancelled cruise have been accommodated.

• Thanks 1

tipsy, if you were in an F, G, or H on Mariner; you should get at least F1 or F2 on Explorer; if they try to pawn off something lower (i.e., G1, G2, or H) I would have your TA raise holy hell.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, mrlevin said:

tipsy, if you were in an F, G, or H on Mariner; you should get at least F1 or F2 on Explorer; if they try to pawn off something lower (i.e., G1, G2, or H) I would have your TA raise holy hell.

I am a newbie on Regent. What would be the equivalent on Explorer of a Penthouse B on Mariner?

13 minutes ago, tipsygirl said:

I am a newbie on Regent. What would be the equivalent on Explorer of a Penthouse B on Mariner?

Also a penthouse; and I am no expert on larger suits on Explorer but I think a lot of people would say that Penthouses on Explorer are a step down from penthouses on Mariner (at least in terms of value).  They will give you at least a penthouse on Explorer and if you are new you probably aren't interested in downgrading to F1 as you would lose concierge benefits.  So, just ignore my previous recommendation as it doesn't apply.

4 minutes ago, mrlevin said:

Also a penthouse; and I am no expert on larger suits on Explorer but I think a lot of people would say that Penthouses on Explorer are a step down from penthouses on Mariner (at least in terms of value).  They will give you at least a penthouse on Explorer and if you are new you probably aren't interested in downgrading to F1 as you would lose concierge benefits.  So, just ignore my previous recommendation as it doesn't apply.

To me, a Penthouse on Explorer is a step up from Penthouse on Mariner.  Not only are the suites 50-100 square feet bigger, but you have a additional ability to take part in the culinary classes, that we have enjoyed on several cruises.  Since both ships have Penthouse A-C, the transfer should be pretty close.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, tipsygirl said:

Thanks Ladys Mom and mrlevin for the feedback. Ladys Mom, I didn't know that the culinary classes were associated with a Penthouse and above booking. That would be a real treat.

Cindy

I didn't know that either--is this really true?  Or is it just that they get priority booking the classes?

28 minutes ago, tipsygirl said:

Thanks Ladys Mom and mrlevin for the feedback. Ladys Mom, I didn't know that the culinary classes were associated with a Penthouse and above booking. That would be a real treat.

Cindy

No, the culinary classes are only available on the Explorer and Splendor.  Any class of suite can enroll in a class, but I have recently found out that the higher your class of suite, the earlier you can book the class.

As long as you guys are talking about equivalent suites we were booked in a Horizon suite on the Mariner, Wondering what they will move us to on the Explorer ? We were up graded with the 2 category  offer . OH yes we are also on the BCN to MIA cruise and are happy about the ship change.

John

1 hour ago, Pcardad said:

Mariner will be going into drydock for engine upgrades.

Pcardad - Is the drydock period going to be "just about engines", or are they also doing any interior upgrades/replacements (furnishings, decor, carpeting, etc.)?  I was wondering if they were going to be "spiffing things up" prior to the WC?