Do you miss the Carnival Cruise Directors?

Methosage

1 minute ago, TNcruising02 said:

We were on a cruise with John. He wasn't a CD, but hosted the Love & Marriage show. He was hilarious and a lot of fun.  My husband said he wished we had been on one of his cruises when he was a CD.

He was so good. Told all of us his beginnings with Carnival, and how he was fired and rehired,

and then made a Cruise director. He was very funny. we enjoyed him. 

• Like 3

It hasn't happened yet, but if a Carnival CD ever developed laryngitis, he/she would be my favorite!

Carnival CDs are generally the longest winded and most frequent amongst all the lines I've sailed on, even those that spoke multiple languages.

I didn't get to appreciate the silence until I began to expand my sailing horizons and sailed other brands.

Some were good others not so much but I really don't pay much attention to them in general. I do remember one joke from one a long time ago. He said he was from a small Scottish town were the population never changed as he said........every time a baby was born a man left town.

Dr E (Glory 2014) and The Flying Scotsman (Ecstasy 2020) were my favorite cruise directors. My least favorite CD that I actually remember was a heavy-set man who wore a kilt. He wasn't bad but his jokes weren't very funny and he was kind of boring. He was on the Legend in 2011 - my first ever cruise.

After my first cruise on carnival , all I heard was a constant sales pitch one way or another .

I learned how to drown them out .

today when they come on , all I hear blah blah blah, blah blah 

god help me if they were saying something important !

• Like 1

First cruise:  No idea.

Second cruise: Josh "Big Sexy" Waitzman - he was great.

Third cruise: Jaime D, on her very last cruise.  She was amazing.

Fourth cruise: Savannah OoNana.  My bride, beside me, just mockingly spat out "SAY BYEEEEEEE!"

On 5/15/2021 at 10:06 AM, evandbob said:

It hasn't happened yet, but if a Carnival CD ever developed laryngitis, he/she would be my favorite!

Carnival CDs are generally the longest winded and most frequent amongst all the lines I've sailed on, even those that spoke multiple languages.

I didn't get to appreciate the silence until I began to expand my sailing horizons and sailed other brands.

Celebrity has ONE announcement a day from the cruise director. The silence is priceless.

On Carnival, the CDs often host some of the game shows.  If all they did was make announcements, I wouldn't even have noticed the good ones.  But the good ones can be hilarious at the shows and parties.  People who skip those wouldn't know the difference.

• Like 1