Carnival to restart July 3 from Galveston?

XLVIII

Yes of course. It was out last week. The only problem is it's not exactly set in stone. It was posted here last tuesday I think and a few threads about restarting, except maybe the title was more generic, not Galveston since 4 ships werent cancelled. Yes vista is first not cancelled .. by 1 day.

Problem is no sign of returning crew.  Makes it hard to believe that this time carnival means it. As the days tick by with no crew returning, it becomes less probable. I'm booked vista in sept so would really like this to be true. 

Well, here's what we probably know.  Any ship authorized to sail will need to have a fully vaxxed crew in place.  With vaccine supply around the world still somewhat lacking, the easiest way is to get the crew here and vaccinate them on the ship.  For the two shot protocol that requires a minimum of six weeks.  Perhaps if they line up the J & J.  If we start to see real crew movement soon however..... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, jsglow said:

Well, here's what we probably know.  Any ship authorized to sail will need to have a fully vaxxed crew in place.  With vaccine supply around the world still somewhat lacking, the easiest way is to get the crew here and vaccinate them on the ship.  ...  If we start to see real crew movement soon however..... 

Pride is sailing to Miami currently.

Still waiting on Carnival to make the call for August. I have till August 31st to make final payment but they are not getting ANY money until I have a Yes or No on my sailing...Liberty Port Canaveral Aug 9 and 13...B2B

1 hour ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

Pride is sailing to Miami currently.

It's just skeleton crews onboard. Unless they have a fully staffed ship july is toast. Just talk.

Vaccinating the skeleton crew is good but doesnt get us sailing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, firefly333 said:

It's just skeleton crews onboard. Unless they have a fully staffed ship july is toast. Just talk.

Vaccinating the skeleton crew is good but doesnt get us sailing.

I don't think anyone still thinks July has a chance for Pride sailings.  Early September seems to be consensus.  But seeing this progress has me more and more hopeful that both my Pride sailings (September and October) will be a go.  I decided to not risk flights in case something happens to shut down cruises again and the airlines easy policies vanish like a fart in the wind.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, miataman19 said:

Still waiting on Carnival to make the call for August. I have till August 31st to make final payment but they are not getting ANY money until I have a Yes or No on my sailing...Liberty Port Canaveral Aug 9 and 13...B2B

Final payment after sailing?  Did you mean a different date than August 31?

7 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Yes of course. It was out last week. The only problem is it's not exactly set in stone. It was posted here last tuesday I think and a few threads about restarting, except maybe the title was more generic, not Galveston since 4 ships werent cancelled. Yes vista is first not cancelled .. by 1 day.

Problem is no sign of returning crew.  Makes it hard to believe that this time carnival means it. As the days tick by with no crew returning, it becomes less probable. I'm booked vista in sept so would really like this to be true. 

A Carnival Playlist productions member from Vista has been posting on Instagram that they leave for Vista tomorrow. So good news there that things are actually happening.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Someone in one of the FB Carnival groups, who was in Galveston a couple of days ago, posted pics of what looked like new crew members arriving with their luggage. I've also read elsewhere of crew being notified to report to the ships that are on the July sail list. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Rudyard said:

Someone in one of the FB Carnival groups, who was in Galveston a couple of days ago, posted pics of what looked like new crew members arriving with their luggage. I've also read elsewhere of crew being notified to report to the ships that are on the July sail list. 

I saw that too. And I imagine a lot of crew *have* been able to get vaccinated at home -- I know the vaccines are certainly more limited in other countries than here, but they're not unavailable -- and they vaccinated 350 Vista crew on May 3rd & 4th in Galveston. They received the Pfizer vaccine, so that means they'll be ready for shot #2 next week.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

I don't think anyone still thinks July has a chance for Pride sailings.  Early September seems to be consensus.  But seeing this progress has me more and more hopeful that both my Pride sailings (September and October) will be a go.  I decided to not risk flights in case something happens to shut down cruises again and the airlines easy policies vanish like a fart in the wind.

If you are right and first sailings on the 3 or 4 named ships doesnt start until sept, this pushes out the pride even further. It will surely be a phased in restart. Crossing fingers its before sept.

48 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

If you are right and first sailings on the 3 or 4 named ships doesnt start until sept, this pushes out the pride even further. It will surely be a phased in restart. Crossing fingers its before sept.

I think we have a failure to communicate as one member often says.  I was speaking of PRIDE in September and October.  I believe Carnival when they say July for three ships, two out of Galveston and one out of Miami.  Someone posted an update a couple days ago with the full schedule of tentative sailings and it reconciled to the September/Pride first sail date as well as the July dates.  One exception was the repositioning 14-day cruise on the Pride seems to be canceled if the post was correct.

1 minute ago, aqualibra said:

One good sign for the Pride is that the MD governor has opened the Baltimore Cruise Port as of yesterday (Saturday, May 15).

Clearly Gov. Hogan is pushing to help Carnival sail out of Baltimore ASAP.  One more reason to vote for that man.

3 hours ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

We are booked on the Sunrise in September.  Decided to go ahead and book our flight tickets the other day while the prices are so good.   Good thing with Southwest is that they always have good policies for cancelling your reservations, since you have a year to use those funds even in normal times.  So if we don't use them in September, we can use the funds for our April Mardi Gras cruise.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

Clearly Gov. Hogan is pushing to help Carnival sail out of Baltimore ASAP.  One more reason to vote for that man.

RCL also has Grandeur of the Seas out of Baltimore, and according to to their site, they are planning on a July restart across the fleet (minus a few)

Source: https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/itinerary-updates

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, pogoism9 said:

RCL also has Grandeur of the Seas out of Baltimore, and according to to their site, they are planning on a July restart across the fleet (minus a few)

Source: https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/itinerary-updates

I would say it's more that everyone is waiting on pins and needles for rcl to say what cruises for july, some, none or all. Carnival announced last week, but not rcl. Some claim rcl is waiting on the outcome of the trial where florida sued the cdc. Idk why but rcl hasnt cancelled or done anything about july yet, more than this means all cruises are still a go.

Most think july is toast for rcl out of the usa. Heck the cruisers out of nassau and Bermuda dont even have a rcl mask policy yet or excursion protocols issued yet and they cruise in less than a month. I wouldn't read too much into the fact that no cruises for july are cancelled. Cruisers hope tomorrow or soon rcl let's them know. Should be soon.

Edited by firefly333

21 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I would say it's more that everyone is waiting on pins and needles for rcl to say what cruises for july, some, none or all. Carnival announced last week, but not rcl. Some claim rcl is waiting on the outcome of the trial where florida sued the cdc. Idk why but rcl hasnt cancelled or done anything about july yet, more than this means all cruises are still a go.

Most think july is toast for rcl out of the usa. Heck the cruisers out of nassau and Bermuda dont even have a rcl mask policy yet or excursion protocols issued yet and they cruise in less than a month. I wouldn't read too much into the fact that no cruises for july are cancelled. Cruisers hope tomorrow or soon rcl let's them know. Should be soon.

Oh i'm with ya, but all we have to go off of is official information at this point

I am not going to rush the process or even speculate. The Carnival Beards will decide when we all cruise again. They see the same news that we do. They see how many Americans are still in denial and refusing to get vaccinated. Trust me they are not going to risk any potential outbreak onboard. That's the negative news that none of us can use. 

Hopefully they will vaccinate all crew members and ensure that all boarding passengers are legitimately vaccinated before leaving the docks. I would hope and pray that there is some form of Government tracking being utilized. 

By the way I am still wearing two masks inside and outside. Will be doing so until Covid decides to vacate the land. Probably not going to happen anytime soon so the mask are still mandated in my house.  

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, aqualibra said:

One good sign for the Pride is that the MD governor has opened the Baltimore Cruise Port as of yesterday (Saturday, May 15).

The Pride is also on its way to Miami now after hanging out off the Bahamas for a few weeks - hopefully to get stocked with crew and vaccinated.  I'm supposed to be cruising on her in August and have fingers, toes, everything crossed that it happens.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So will the initial cruises be only partially full?  I haven't had time lately to keep up with all of the updates and logistics (and I try to avoid watching the news at all costs).  And if so, do we know yet how many cruises will sail in that manner or is it a "wait and see how they do" scenario I would guess?  I sure hope ALL goes well.  Don't even want to think about what will happen if outbreaks happen again.