Atlanta to DC to Montego Bay...

PTC DAWG

6-7 hours in a plane..not sure I’m going for that...

Delta may get my business on this one..

I assume NCL will drop the air charges from the reservation upon request..flights are not booked as of this point..it was just booked last night..

15 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Seems like that plane is going the wrong direction... Atlanta to DC to Jamaica...

That's what I thought...we are booked on the Sept 18 cruise out of Montego Bay...I have time to make adjustments.  

Have you looked at flights if you were to book them yourself? We are booked on the B2B out of Montego Bay beginning 9/4. Our flight down has us going from Rochester, through Charlotte, NC, and then on to Jamaica. On the way home we stop in Philadelphia instead. Looking at all the available flights that could get us down there on the 4th and back on the 18th, these options are pretty good.

15 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

Have you looked at flights if you were to book them yourself? We are booked on the B2B out of Montego Bay beginning 9/4. Our flight down has us going from Rochester, through Charlotte, NC, and then on to Jamaica. On the way home we stop in Philadelphia instead. Looking at all the available flights that could get us down there on the 4th and back on the 18th, these options are pretty good.

Yes, I may just bit the bullet and pay a little more and take Delta non stop out of ATL.  I'm only about 30 minutes south of the airport.  Going out of Atlanta, I rarely have to make a connection...

43 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Seems like that plane is going the wrong direction... Atlanta to DC to Jamaica...

I once had to fly to Chicago to get from Pittsburgh to Albany, NY.

As for the OP's question - if not past final payment you should be able to get that portion reversed.

That kind of connection is why I booked my own flights. Even the best options were pretty goofy, can’t imagine what kind of convoluted journey NCL would have put together. 

I’m flying Delta, with a direct flight ATL-MBJ. Unfortunately that’s preceded by a direct SEA-ATL flight followed by a layover so long that I’ve booked an airport hotel.

Hmm, I just checked flights again and the options are much saner than when I booked. Oddly enough, airlines have begun adding flights and frequency lately, wonder why… lol

EDIT: And I just checked the Delta app and discovered that they’ve already changed my flight schedule. Now there’s just a 5-hour layover in ATL instead of an 11-hour one. Ah, rediscovering the joys of travel…

Edited by coastcat
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, coastcat said:

That kind of connection is why I booked my own flights. Even the best options were pretty goofy, can’t imagine what kind of convoluted journey NCL would have put together. 

I’m flying Delta, with a direct flight ATL-MBJ. Unfortunately that’s preceded by a direct SEA-ATL flight followed by a layover so long that I’ve booked an airport hotel.

Hmm, I just checked flights again and the options are much saner than when I booked. Oddly enough, airlines have begun adding flights and frequency lately, wonder why… lol

I agree, this is the first time I've let any cruise line try and book flights....mainly because of price...but some things just are worth more...like sanity.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

6-7 hours in a plane..not sure I’m going for that...

Delta may get my business on this one..

I assume NCL will drop the air charges from the reservation upon request..flights are not booked as of this point..it was just booked last night..

I’m on Delta…..CVG to ATL to MBJ.  Looked at flying out of Dayton, Columbus, Indianapolis, Lexington and Louisville.  

Delta from CVG was the least expensive among all the airlines that fly into Jamaica (KIN or MBJ), which is rarely the case.

Edited by graphicguy

I'm on the 8/7 sailing from MBJ and originally my flight had us going from JFK > CLT> MBJ. Others here said that it's just a placeholder. A few weeks later it changed to JFK>MBJ. We are still a few weeks out from getting exact flight details so who knows what flight we will end up on! What you're seeing very well could also just be a placeholder too.

3 hours ago, coastcat said:

EDIT: And I just checked the Delta app and discovered that they’ve already changed my flight schedule. Now there’s just a 5-hour layover in ATL instead of an 11-hour one. Ah, rediscovering the joys of travel…

And if you aren't happy with that one, you can change to a better one since your arrival has changed by six hours.

5 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

We are booked on the B2B out of Montego Bay beginning 9/4.

I was wondering if B2B were allowed on cruises from Jamaica. I was about to book one week in Haven, I think I'll have to change that to B2B.

2 minutes ago, LouTheGlue said:

I was wondering if B2B were allowed on cruises from Jamaica. I was about to book one week in Haven, I think I'll have to change that to B2B.

They 100% are!! But, better yet, you should do a B2B in the Haven like we are. 😋

Edited by JamieLogical

2 hours ago, zdcatc12 said:

And if you aren't happy with that one, you can change to a better one since your arrival has changed by six hours.

I cashed in Delta miles for this flight. The current itinerary (in Comfort+ class because I’m decadent like that) is now going for about 40% more miles than it did when I’m booked. Yeah, I’ll stick with the current schedule… 

• Like 1

Does anyone know,,, do we clear US Immigration and Customs in Jamaica? We had several options, but didn't like the short connect times in Miami. We are on an upcoming flight out of Nassau and found out that we supposedly clear US immigration and customs in Nassau... which makes me regret the long layover we have on that trip home. 

3 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

They 100% are!! But, better yet, you should do a B2B in the Haven like we are. 😋

Thanks for the info, yes we would be doing B2B in Haven. Just need to confirm dates.

So,,, NCL added Alaska cruises starting August 7th out of Seattle. And at cheap prices (for Alaska). What is the likelihood of sailing Alaska, out of a US port versus dealing with trying to get a flight to Jamaica? Right now, our flights to/from Jamaica have long layovers making it a full take of travel there and back. 

25 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

So,,, NCL added Alaska cruises starting August 7th out of Seattle. And at cheap prices (for Alaska). What is the likelihood of sailing Alaska, out of a US port versus dealing with trying to get a flight to Jamaica? Right now, our flights to/from Jamaica have long layovers making it a full take of travel there and back. 

This may be one instance in which I can have my cake (well, hash browns) and eat them too. My only cash expense for the Jamaica cruise is the Montego Bay hotel room and anything I purchase in the ports. Otherwise it's all miles and FCC. Yesterday I cancelled my October MSC cruise, which frees up both time and expenses. And... Pier 88 in Seattle is a half-hour drive from our house.

So I'm really, really tempted to book late August for Alaska. If it doesn't go, eh, my only travel cost was going to be bribing my husband with a Big Mac in exchange for a ride to port.

43 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Just priced it out and a Haven on the Alaska sailings for the same weeks we are booked in Jamaica would cost us over twice as much. Initially, I was booked on a one-week Princess sailing for 9/4 and if I compare the Bliss sailing, it would only cost $100 more for and aft balcony that one week (booked in an aft balcony on Princess). But now that I am comparing it to the Haven out of Jamaica, there is really no comparison. 

Edited by JamieLogical

8 hours ago, coastcat said:

I cashed in Delta miles for this flight. The current itinerary (in Comfort+ class because I’m decadent like that) is now going for about 40% more miles than it did when I’m booked. Yeah, I’ll stick with the current schedule… 

But it would be no cost to you. Just tell them that since the times changed by so much those flights don't work for you now and they will change it. It is best if you know the new ones that you want as you can tell them to put you on those flights instead. BTW, this is for all airlines, not just Delta.

On 5/17/2021 at 8:40 PM, JamieLogical said:

Just priced it out and a Haven on the Alaska sailings for the same weeks we are booked in Jamaica would cost us over twice as much. Initially, I was booked on a one-week Princess sailing for 9/4 and if I compare the Bliss sailing, it would only cost $100 more for and aft balcony that one week (booked in an aft balcony on Princess). But now that I am comparing it to the Haven out of Jamaica, there is really no comparison. 

The prices are really good for the Joy Haven.

On 5/17/2021 at 8:40 PM, JamieLogical said:

So,,, I am sorry. I meant to say that they were cheap for Alaska (at least compared to what we paid for a Concierge suite on the Joy to Alaska in 2019). We are booked in a Haven on the Joy from Montego Bay at a great price. 

Edited by BirdTravels