Nautica balconies without the metal plate

SeaGal

I have been researching staterooms and learned that some of the Nautica balconies have a metal plate at the base of the railing.  I would prefer a balcony with an open railing all the way to the floor.  Can anyone tell me which cabins have the metal plate? 

Thanks for any help you can give me!

23 minutes ago, SeaGal said:

I have been researching staterooms and learned that some of the Nautica balconies have a metal plate at the base of the railing.  I would prefer a balcony with an open railing all the way to the floor.  Can anyone tell me which cabins have the metal plate? 

Just Google a picture of any of the R ships -they’re all the same. The full rail cabins are all aft.

And, if you compare the best of the pix you find (I posted one in a different thread on the 2022 ATW about a week ago) to an R ship deck plan, you’ll be able to pinpoint those aft Nautica A & B (decks 7 & 6) cabins that meet your need.

1FBEACFC-424C-453A-8E40-CE9A28D8387D.jpeg

Edited by Flatbush Flyer

4 minutes ago, BarbaraM said:

I believe all the deck 6 balconies port and starboard are open, not sure about aft. We stayed in 6006 -- way forward, and has full rails. 

Look at the picture in my post just before your post. There are no full railings anywhere

1 hour ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Just Google a picture of any of the R ships -they’re all the same. The full rail cabins are all aft.

And, if you compare the best of the pix you find (I posted one in a different thread on the 2022 ATW about a week ago) to an R ship deck plan, you’ll be able to pinpoint those aft Nautica A & B (decks 7 & 6) cabins that meet your need.

1FBEACFC-424C-453A-8E40-CE9A28D8387D.jpeg

Oops I misspoke. I meant to say all of deck 7 is full railings either side and, for deck 6, it is only aft that has full railings on either side. Sorry!

Still though, compare to deck plan to identify actual cabin numbers.

1 hour ago, SeaGal said:

There is another thread with some photos  of the railings

but not sure which other cabins would have the high metal plate 

Thank you for your responses. 

It was the "Stateroom 7018 on Insignia" post that alerted me to the different railings.

If I am looking at the exterior ship photo correctly, it appears that all of deck 6 has open railings, but only the aft 13 cabins on deck 7 have the open railings. 

Is this your finding also?

Looking at the photo of the side of the ship it looks like  the cabins above  the life boats (deck 7)  & a couple back  have the higher metal base  like  in the photo of 7018  compared to the ones open all the way to the deck

I know we were in 7115  & the open railing went  to the deck

Maybe put the cabin number you  are thinking of booking in to Youtube  & it may come up with a photo

or in the search feature here at CC

Seagal, here you are with some clear photos of the differences “a picture speaks a thousand words”

https://boards.cruisecritic.com.au/topic/1682474-azamara-journey-balcony-metal-plate/

Rosalyn

This is for Azamara but applies to all R ships.

Happy planning 

Edited by cruiseaholic78
  • Like 1

Not to muddy the waters but there is another type of obstruction in the Concierge cabins in the aft between the Owner's Suites. For those that don't like anything in their way you really shouldn't book these. Then again if you don't mind being aft and like a balcony about twice as large as the others then this is a good pick. I think this is 7121, unfortunately the only picture I have that shows it is at night, but I think you get the idea. 

DSC07649.JPG

• 1 month later...