Mask requirement DROPPED for vaccinated guests indoors

AbbyCruiser45

11 hours ago, Faival said:

Does anyone know the situation with UK only cruises?

I expect it will depend on the extent of any more easing of restrictions on June 21st. With the recent surge in the new variant I doubt it. 

14 hours ago, nocl said:

AS of yet the cruise lines owned by RCL and those owned by CCL have not committed to vaccination required for US based cruises.  If they have recognized it they should be willing to announce that it will be their policy for US cruises.

It’s especially puzzling given their readiness to have and promote vaccinated sailings out of other North America and European ports. It’s likely there was much more local government pressure than they want to admit and they think the US (particularly Florida) will give them more flexibility. Doesn’t give one a warm and fuzzy feeling. 

Edited by harkinmr

4 hours ago, harkinmr said:

It’s especially puzzling given their readiness to have and promote vaccinated sailings out of other North America and European ports. It’s likely there was much more local government pressure than they want to admit and they think the US (particularly Florida) will give them more flexibility. Doesn’t give one a warm and fuzzy feeling. 

that is exactly my concern.  There is nothing that I want more than for the cruise lines to commit and get the agreements with the CDC in place.  After all with all full vaccination (95/98% at a minimum) most of the issues that the cruise lines had expressed concern about have been eliminated.

• Like 1

Seabourn, under CCL, is requiring fully vaccinated ships for now from Greece and the Caribbean.   We could not have made our July booking without  stating we were vaccinated and when we had the second shot.   We were also to bring proof, i.e., the CDC vaccination card.   There is also talk of a QR code being given in the EU with successful proof of vaccine.   

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/18/2021 at 4:35 PM, AbbyCruiser45 said:

As per the Celebrity TA Webinar (note, I am not a TA, just saw this in a Facebook group). They also confirmed that vaccinated guests will be allowed to explore ports independently. Great news today! 

image.png.50ac0d2d2ce36c203ad0b4e4e2b6d639.png

That’s what my TA sent to me, too.  She said masks for vaccinated passengers are not required.  And, to expect to provide proof of vaccination in on-line check in.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, graphicguy said:

That’s what my TA sent to me, too.  She said masks for vaccinated passengers are not required.  And, to expect to provide proof of vaccination in on-line check in.  

Masks are not required "when able to maintain a safe distance" that's very different than not required at all.   Safe distance is not something that is very common on a cruise ship.

32 minutes ago, kstetser said:

Masks are not required "when able to maintain a safe distance" that's very different than not required at all.   Safe distance is not something that is very common on a cruise ship.

Per the quoted requirements……”for fully vaccinated guests, masks are not required….Fully vaccinated guests may go ashore on their own…..”

I’ve yet seen anything about unvaccinated and unmasked guests cruising…..

1 hour ago, kstetser said:

That graphic was put out before the CDC updated the doc itself but the guidance is actually quite a bit less restrictive and toss the need to distance. 

• For ships with at least 95% of crew and 95% of passengers fully vaccinated, cruise ship operators, at their discretion, may advise passengers and crew that they do not have to wear a mask or maintain physical distance in any areas.
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, kstetser said:

From ALL the videos that are on line showing cruises currently sailing WITH REDUCED CAPACITY, aside form some 6 foot spacing at check-in they look like ghost ships at each and every venue from theaters to buffets. 

(2) CRUISE TO NOWHERE || ROYAL CARIBBEAN CRUISE SINGAPORE || VLOG - YouTube

1 minute ago, boscobeans said:

From ALL the videos that are on line showing cruises currently sailing WITH REDUCED CAPACITY, aside form some 6 foot spacing at check-in they look like ghost ships at each and every venue from theaters to buffets. 

(2) CRUISE TO NOWHERE || ROYAL CARIBBEAN CRUISE SINGAPORE || VLOG - YouTube

This is one of the many reasons why I’m getting very excited for my July Edge sailing. I’m not sure we’ll ever get a chance like this again!

• Like 1

On 3/1/2021 at 12:30 PM, tallnthensome said:

I was given a CDC vaccination card yesterday with date of first vaccination. 

On 5/19/2021 at 7:43 AM, Jeremiah1212 said:

For Apex and Millennium they have already lowered the required vaccination age to 16 from 18. Everyone else must be vaccinated. All adults. And it sounds like they will soon change that again to everyone age 12 and older must be vaccinated. These rules will almost certainly apply to US cruises too. It should be pretty easy to determine who is under 12 years old onboard. Anyone else you see will be vaccinated and doesn’t have to wear a mask. 

I would not book a cruise until entire party including children are fully vaccinated and protects. . You can easily do land vacations without. 

Even being vaccinated, I would probably carry a mask with me in case there was a situation where I felt it was crowded which can easily happen on a cruise ship. Plus in the ports I would probably feel better wearing a mask even though I’m over them. 

• Like 1

I know it’s probably hard since the rules seem to change weekly if not daily but I wish Celebrity would/could publish a list of what life onboard will be like by ship. For us it’s all of the “unknown”. Masks or no masks? Social distancing? Will ship sponsored shore tours be required? What is the number of positive cases on board before a cruise is terminated? There are other questions concerning a cruise being terminated due to Covid cases (see below). This is not a case of trying to overthink as much as having the knowledge beforehand. I understand that the CDC has rules in place for a conditional CSO but it would be great to see it from Celebrity. 

This is what I’m referring to that pops up on their website.

If a certain threshold level of covid-19 is detected onboard the ship during your voyage, the voyage will end immediately, the ship will return to the port of embarkation, and your subsequent travel, including your return home, may be restricted or delayed.

On 5/20/2021 at 12:15 AM, Faival said:

Does anyone know the situation with UK only cruises?

I am sailing the first Silhouette cruise from Southampton, open to fully vaccinated UK residents only, and only visiting UK ports. The information I have received is that I also need a PCR test (not a requirement when making the booking). The only way to get off the ship is to take a Celebrity tour (in our own country!) and masks are to be worn indoors, but not while drinking, or eating, or outdoors. This detail was posted 4th June.

So, as you can probably guess, I hope they manage to relax this a bit before sailing 😒

On 5/19/2021 at 8:35 PM, cruise kitty said:

Same here, this gives me real hope that my Thanksgiving cruise will go forward as planned!

Things are changing daily no vaccine required now. It's only "highly recommend".

6 hours ago, cruisingator2 said:

Even being vaccinated, I would probably carry a mask with me in case there was a situation where I felt it was crowded which can easily happen on a cruise ship. Plus in the ports I would probably feel better wearing a mask even though I’m over them. 

I will bring a mask as well. My main concern are the elevators 🛗. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, lovrccl said:

Nope not if you sail out of FL

It's really a joke, but with FL being  one of the major markets for RCL group they decided to drop this very important requirement (100% vaccinated for adults).

5 minutes ago, LXA350 said:

It's really a joke, but with FL being  one of the major markets for RCL group they decided to drop this very important requirement (100% vaccinated for adults).

I thought this was only for RCL sailings and not Celebrity?

8 hours ago, donna1009 said:

I would not book a cruise until entire party including children are fully vaccinated and protects. . You can easily do land vacations without. 

Uhh, I’m not encouraging anyone to take their unvaccinated children on vacation, but if they were on a ship with 98% of crew and 95% of passengers vaccinated, that is safer from a van standpoint than any other place in the world they could vacation- likely safer than their own neighborhood 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, LXA350 said:

Obviously they missed your recommendation....can’t believe they wouldn’t have implemented it. 

1 hour ago, lovrccl said:

Nope not if you sail out of FL

With Celebrity they will be requiring vaccines and sailing with at least 95% of passengers certified as vaccinated.  It is the only way they were able to avoid test cruises. The language concerning “recommended vaccination” is for RCI cruises.