August 2021

90% speculation.  That's where we stand at this point.  The only thing we know for certain is that Carnival wants to start with the Vista, Breeze and Horizon.  We assume they will go the 95% vaccinated route, probably with the 5% under 12.  This would be the quickest way back.  Who knows the priority order of the rest of the fleet?  Don't know whether some ships will go the test route in order to serve the unvaccinated crowd and  have more younger kids than 5% on board.  The 95% ships should have less mask mandates than the test cruises and may not require bubble excursions either. Hopefully we get some concrete answers by mid June.

• Like 1

I am on August 7 on the Vista.  I plan on asking for an extension if CCL doesn't give us more definite news.  I think we will probably go, but I already have an absolute ton of FCC and don't want any more. Nor do I want to have to wait 1-3 months to get a refund.  As of right now, if I google Carnival Vista itinerary or Carnival Panorama itinerary 2021, both show them starting on August 7th...we shall see. 

• Like 1

On 5/19/2021 at 5:03 PM, TNcruising02 said:

Same.  I think I will finally believe the ship is sailing once the muster drill is over and I am sipping some type of fruity drink. LOL.  After three cancellations, I have learned to just go with the flow.

You wait until after the muster drill??

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Torchwood said:

I wonder which vaccine crew is getting. J&J is not as effective but one and done. Pfiser is a 21day wait for second, Moderma a 28 day wait, but has a higher protection effectiveness. 

The crew aboard the vista got pfeizer so a 2 shot deal. 3 weeks to get 2nd shot, then wait 2 weeks for it to take.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

Indeed, we have usually had three or four beverages before muster drill.  As long as you hit the restroom before hand, it makes muster go so much smoother...

I've seen people bring drinks to muster.  LOL.  One time, I was trying to get a nice slice of cake before muster.  A lady cut right in front of me and got the last serving before they closed it down for muster.   I should have gone for a drink.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

Indeed, we have usually had three or four beverages before muster drill.  As long as you hit the restroom before hand, it makes muster go so much smoother...

Lol I think muster is remote viewing now, then go check your name off the list. 

Maybe carnival will be the only one still doing muster but the rest have remote. Go to your cabin and view ... so right there by the bathroom.. enjoy.

• Like 3

I'll try and get an extension on my final payment, May 31st. My PVP, Danny has always done me right. Doing a B2B on Liberty Aug 9th and 13th. It's hard to cancel when you have $500 OBC (4 day) and $200 OBC (3 day)..lol... Back up is Key West 😀

Edited by miataman19