Telephone call from P&O

hollyjess

All phone numbers can be spoofed, be careful if the start by saying before i go on i need proof of identity  and tha ask for detail like date of birth. Get them to tell you cruise and booking number first. Beware Scammers

Do you have a cruise booked? Not a summer Seacation, but a regular cruise booked select where you selected your room? 

I wonder if they “want” your room, or one in that category.  This has happened to me in the past, they don’t leave messages as they just try the next person on the list. 

3 hours ago, Windsurfboy said:

All phone numbers can be spoofed, be careful if the start by saying before i go on i need proof of identity  and tha ask for detail like date of birth. Get them to tell you cruise and booking number first. Beware Scammers

Lots of scams, I got a call saying I had won £250 or tickets to an Elvis tribute. They said press 1 for the money or 2 for the show. I was all shook up.

• Like 3
  • Haha 8

8 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

Lots of scams, I got a call saying I had won £250 or tickets to an Elvis tribute. They said press 1 for the money or 2 for the show. I was all shook up.

Did it make you wanna 'get ready and go go go'. Watch your blue suede shoes Phil 😁

Avril

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, yorkshirephil said:

Why is it going to rain on them Avril? nowt worse that wet suede shoes

Nothing like that Phil, I just didn't want someone to step on them. Having  said that though, my seaweed is a tad damp at the moment.

Avril

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

I have just switched from PAYG to a SIM contract for my smart phone, and with free calls and texts I am now using it a lot more. Unfortunately I am now getting a rash of spam texts, "parcel needs excess mail paying, bank payment rejected etc, ", I guess lots of people fall for these otherwise there wouldn't be so many of them, but they are darned annoying.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, hollyjess said:

Yes we have a cruise booked for Christmas and New Year 2021 in an accessible state room on Arcadia.

I think that’s your answer, as Pink-belle said they are probably looking for an accessible state room for someone else so rang to check if you really needed it.

58 minutes ago, MX-Drew said:

I think that’s your answer, as Pink-belle said they are probably looking for an accessible state room for someone else so rang to check if you really needed it.

Assuming you do, it may be that they need some rooms for linked bookings so trying to do a little rejig of allocations. I wouldn’t worry about it, you won’t lose your booking if this is the case. 

11 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

I have just switched from PAYG to a SIM contract for my smart phone, and with free calls and texts I am now using it a lot more. Unfortunately I am now getting a rash of spam texts, "parcel needs excess mail paying, bank payment rejected etc, ", I guess lots of people fall for these otherwise there wouldn't be so many of them, but they are darned annoying.

I had similar with a newly issued number.  As I understand it, scammers work through a list of new numbers one after the other waiting for people to bite.  They stopped after a few weeks of being ignored.

Edited by crompton21

3 hours ago, crompton21 said:

I had similar with a newly issued number.  As I understand it, scammers work through a list of new numbers one after the other waiting for people to bite.  They stopped after a few weeks of being ignored.

My number is unchanged, just the provider.

12 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I believe there are lots of ways to find active phone numbers, rogues don't need to pay for them.

Indeed, and you can use computers to generate and call phone numbers without any human involvement. 

The idea that some human is laboriously going through a list of numbers to tell me that my internet connection is unsafe, is fanciful.

On 5/19/2021 at 8:39 PM, hollyjess said:

Yes we have a cruise booked for Christmas and New Year 2021 in an accessible state room on Arcadia.

As you have a special room requirement, and you are due to sail on a ship with no publicly confirmed restart date, I would call the main P&O number and ask the agent to look on the booking for any notes.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, molecrochip said:

As you have a special room requirement, and you are due to sail on a ship with no publicly confirmed restart date, I would call the main P&O number and ask the agent to look on the booking for any notes.

Oh dear, that sounds a tad ominous to me.  I thought the re start date is basically the date that the next, uncancelled cruise is due to depart.  I am sure it is sound advice to the OP though.

I have partly decided to write this comment as I am aware Fred has just cancelled his world cruise on Borealis for early next year, though I doubt any of us really thought those longer future cruises would go ahead unchanged.  

Edited by tring

P&O won't suddenly bring back another 4 ships in September. It is very much a phased return.

I have my own (pessimistic) views on Aurora and Arcadia's longer spring 2022 itineraries. My gut feel is that if they don't get ahead then those ships won't restart until Easter 2022.

But when does P&O make that decision - when will it have the necessary data to do so?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, molecrochip said:

P&O won't suddenly bring back another 4 ships in September. It is very much a phased return.

I have my own (pessimistic) views on Aurora and Arcadia's longer spring 2022 itineraries. My gut feel is that if they don't get ahead then those ships won't restart until Easter 2022.

But when does P&O make that decision - when will it have the necessary data to do so?

Useful  comment as usual Moley.  What is your view on Britannia's likelihood of starting its European itineraries after the seacation cruises finish. Unless there are major changes to the traffic light countries, then most cruises will include an amber country with all the quarantine and testing costs that will be required, both of P&O and its passengers.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Useful  comment as usual Moley.  What is your view on Britannia's likelihood of starting its European itineraries after the seacation cruises finish. Unless there are major changes to the traffic light countries, then most cruises will include an amber country with all the quarantine and testing costs that will be required, both of P&O and its passengers.

Interested in this also as we’re due on Iona in October. Normally I would start planning and looking in more detail at the restaurants etc but I don’t feel comfortable enough to do that yet.