Flogg’n the booze package

Ragnar Danneskjold

22 hours ago, Dukefan said:

One of my favorite drinks is a "Gangster" - it is two parts wiskey, one part sweet vermouth, one part compari, three dashs of orange bitters, on the rocks with a twist of orange peel.  I have taught a bar tender in the Viking Explorer Lounge to make it for me on every cruise.   On some cruises I did have to provide my own orange bitters but since it is always a part of my travel kit it was no problem.  On one cruise, the bartender went out and purchased a bottle of orange bitters while we were in port the day after I fist ordered it.  Typical Viking service that has me sold on them.

This sounds like a must-try. 

I’m impressed that you travel with orange bitters. Just for this drink, or …?

4 minutes ago, Twitchly said:

This sounds like a must-try. 

I’m impressed that you travel with orange bitters. Just for this drink, or …?

I also like a few dashs of orange bitters in my Gin Martinis, I also prefer it to the traditional Axgostura Aromatic Bitters in my Manhattans, and I also like adding it to Negronis.   I have a very small bottle with an eye drpper that I can carry around if I am going to a bar that I am not sure has orange bitters.

• Like 3

French 75,  Caipirinha,  most of the Viking Bartenders make a great Old Fashion....I always like to ask WHAT is their favorite to make?  All of the frozen drinks are fun and tasty....just more calories than I usually like to spend!

Great suggestions all, keep ‘em coming!

I wonder if there is a phone app the puts out a random drink name each time you open it 🙂  If there isn’t some enterprising person should write one.  A freebie of course.  One that doesn’t send all of your personal info to hackers....  Never mind, they all do that 😞

• Like 1

Caipirinha—South American cocktail with fresh limes, a little sugar and Cachaca (rum made from raw sugar cane).  Excellent and refreshing.  The Living Room bar.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

Great suggestions all, keep ‘em coming!

I wonder if there is a phone app the puts out a random drink name each time you open it 🙂  If there isn’t some enterprising person should write one.  A freebie of course.  One that doesn’t send all of your personal info to hackers....  Never mind, they all do that 😞

Ask and ye shall recieve. 

EBF5221D-787E-4BFD-8461-D8F08AB737D8.png

Edited by Clay Clayton
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1