New Vaccination policy on RCL

2 hours ago, molly361 said:

Then all the people that can't or won't get vaccinated can sail Carnival until that requirement gets lifted

Now there’s a marketing slogan. Carnival - the cruise line for the unvaccinated. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, newcruzer2 said:

What worries me about ambiguously saying in first sentence "all fully vaccinated" and then immediately saying "if not vaccinated you will need a negative test"  IS,

all of the rule breakers who will see this as an opportunity to not vaccinate .

Because as we know RCCL didn't use to enforce the rules well, on other matters.

The statement should have been .... Those under 12 need a negative test.

4 hours ago, mavo68 said:

I’m thinking maybe because some people medically  cannot receive the vaccine.

It is not ambiguous at all. The message clearly says ALL GUESTS 16 AND OVER MUST BE VACCINATED.  “All” means “All”.  The only unvaccinated guests would be 15 and younger. Anyone between 2 and 15 must be tested.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, zekekelso said:

One thing I feel confident saying is that cursing will be much easier if you have been vaccinated than if you haven’t. 

I don't know, I think I cursed more before I got vaccinated than after.

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

3 hours ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

The current CDC guidance gives them an option to use 'recovery' as an option in some circumstances but  the cruiselines are not required to put that option into play. 

That was only with respect to a vaccinated passenger showing signs or symptoms of COVID or the flu. The cruise line would have the discretion to allow boarding with proof of vaccine and evidence of recovery. 

2 hours ago, jrapps said:

They aren't. I am sure they want the Vista to go first and without vaccines. But saying they wont require vaccines isn't true because they already stated they will require them in Alaska.

They said they don't WANT to require vaccines elsewhere. Doesn't mean they won't.

It could be a situation where the Alaskan authorities insisted on vaccinated passengers in order to allow the sailings.  

2 hours ago, livingonthebeach said:

Yes I imagine it's a small number as well.  Then you have some states that have exemptions for personal, religious and philosophical beliefs 

Philosophical🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, harkinmr said:

It could be a situation where the Alaskan authorities insisted on vaccinated passengers in order to allow the sailings.  

I think that mandate was written into the law making its way through Congress. I don't believe AK insisted on it as the AK governor issued an EO prohibiting vaccine requirements for traveling to and within the state. His EO doesn't govern private businesses though.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, harkinmr said:

It is not ambiguous at all. The message clearly says ALL GUESTS 16 AND OVER MUST BE VACCINATED.  “All” means “All”.  The only unvaccinated guests would be 15 and younger. Anyone between 2 and 15 must be tested.  

You're right. The law going through Congress essentially mandates it.

4 hours ago, ricka47 said:

I wonder about those of us who have had Covid and have anti-bodies. I'm vaccinated but my wife is not due to some possible allergic reactions issues. We both were recently tested and have anti-bodies. It seems that the "recovered masses" are not being considered in all of the new rules that I've seen.

23 minutes ago, bouhunter said:

That would be correct, and likely won't change.

I believe that it will eventually change.  Right now the push is on to get vaccinated, everyone.  Not really something I agree with for those that have their own concerns about the vaccine, concern about the lack of data about those recovered and whether they will reboot if re-infected, those planning families, kids, etc.  I don't have the answers as it will take time.

In the meantime, return to cruising has to be as safe as possible.  The first cruises out of the USA ports will be feasted on by the MSM if someone sneezes never mind if 3 virus positives without symptoms are experienced. 

No problem at this time for fully vaccinated crew and passengers to start again.  

No masks required.

No social distancing required.

No passenger capacity reductions required.

Here is the wording for Alaska cruises that were just announced.  Pretty clear to me.

Your clients can plan their Alaska cruise with peace of mind knowing that all crew members and vacationers 16 years of age or older will be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and everyone 12 or older after August 1, 2021. Those underage will receive a test prior to sailing. These measures are part of our commitment to the health and safety of every guest, crew member and community visited. The measures will be evaluated and updated as public health circumstances evolve.

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 4

Just now, smokeybandit said:

It's ridiculous to make kids get vaccinated.

That's a hot topic for sure. I have 3 kids under 10 and even though my wife and I are vaccinated we're not too sure if we want our 5 year old to be vaccinated. It's definitely not as black/white as it is with adults.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, exm said:

That's a hot topic for sure. I have 3 kids under 10 and even though my wife and I are vaccinated we're not too sure if we want our 5 year old to be vaccinated. It's definitely not as black/white as it is with adults.

My son is 9 so I'm honestly very glad I don't have to make that choice for our July cruise. Hopefully by our March cruise it won't be a requirement anymore

37 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Adolescents most definitely should be vaccinated - not so sure about under 10, but as long as they have a negative Covid test, they should be OK.

It is what it is right now. Cruise lines want zero issues and I dont blame them for doing the all vaccinated policy. It will change. If your not vaccinated you cant go at this moment. You will need to wait. Cruise industry needs to make money and cdc will be all over them in the beginning. I fully respect anyones opinion to not get vaccinated. Your choice. But for the short term there will be “consequences “... I have children and we decided to vaccinate because we want them to return to normal life. Our choice. We know the risks and made a decision.Im a healthcare provide and dont want their risk even higher. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, JB77 said:

Only the US is vaccinating under 16s. I wonder if this will still be the policy for Europe and elsewhere.

They started here in Ontario, Canada for 12+. So relieved my daughter is turning 12 next month 

Edited by LuCruise
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, orville99 said:

This is new, at least to me...

Just received a promotional email from RCL with this in it:

Capture.JPG

Even though we had no desire to be vaccinated, we both are, so we are good to go

Edited by karena1

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

Nobody's putting a gun to their head forcing them. It's a vacation. If they don't like it they can vacation somewhere else.

• Like 8