No Cruise Refunds Yet 62 Days

I am so mad at Royal. I canceled my June cruise on March 20 and no refund yet. I called and they put me on a long hold and both times said 7-10 biz days this is getting ridiculous anybody out there have a tip on how to get my money back????

18 minutes ago, leela8 said:

I am so mad at Royal. I canceled my June cruise on March 20 and no refund yet. I called and they put me on a long hold and both times said 7-10 biz days this is getting ridiculous anybody out there have a tip on how to get my money back????

Unfortunately Royal works at their own pace.

3 hours ago, leela8 said:

Unfortunately 62 days is nothing. I’ve had some come back in 2 weeks and others took 6 months 

3 hours ago, leela8 said:

Call your credit card company and dispute the charge. 

• Like 1

Had a similar problem, Cancelled a May cruise when they announced the cancellations on March 9, and didn't get the final chunk of our refund until May 12, and after numerous phone calls to RCL, I got an "explanation" - of sorts. Apparently when RCL says 30-45 days from when you cancel, what they actually mean is 30-45 business days. That works out to 6-9 weeks. Using their math, they're still within the 45 business day window for your refund.

The other "gotcha" is that if you don't respond and cancel within a very short window from when they announce the cancellations, they will automatically start the FCC process, and then when you actually decide to cancel, they seem to "re-start" the 45 day clock.

On 5/22/2021 at 12:41 PM, CruisingHogFan said:

Unfortunately 62 days is nothing. I’ve had some come back in 2 weeks and others took 6 months 

My longest refund took 8 months. My fastest was about 5 months.

62 days sounds like a dream!

2 hours ago, leela8 said:

I can't it's past 60 days for the credit card company to do anything. That's their window.

That is unfortunate, I have received 5 refunds. One came rather quickly, the other 4, I contacted AMEX at the end of the 4th week post cancelation. They had the money credited back to my account within 72 hours after filing the claim. 

This being 2021 and everything computerized I don't understand why it takes so long to get not only cash refunds but especially FCC (where there is no cash disbursement). It really is a bad stain on RCL.

It has been over 60 days for me to get a FCC and I want to apply it to an upcoming cruise later this fall.

I sure hope I get it before Final Payment day so I don't have to shell out more cash!

9 hours ago, Empehi said:

This being 2021 and everything computerized I don't understand why it takes so long to get not only cash refunds but especially FCC (where there is no cash disbursement). It really is a bad stain on RCL.

It has been over 60 days for me to get a FCC and I want to apply it to an upcoming cruise later this fall.

I sure hope I get it before Final Payment day so I don't have to shell out more cash!

Yes it is 2021, but the reservation and accounting systems are over 30 years old.  They were not made to do what the current situation demands.  And you really don’t even want to know all that is behind the FCCs.   Things are moving much better now.  But if your FCC is overdue, just give a call and they can escalate.  If you still don’t get it by final payment time, they will extend your final due date.  Just be sure to ask for a new guest copy of the invoice to make sure the date was extended. 

On 5/22/2021 at 8:01 AM, leela8 said:

Did you cancel your cruise, or were you paid in full when the cruise was suspended?  The refunds would be processed differently depending upon the situation.  I just received my FCCs and taxes back for 2 June cruises in the last week.  I’m still missing one from Celebrity, but they escalated that for me last week, and I can see it has been cancelled as it is no longer in the cruise planner, which means it is now being worked.  Call again and ask for a supervisor if needed.  

9 hours ago, Empehi said:

It isn't just RC. I've been trying to get an FCC from MSC for months now. Had 3 cruises canceled by them due to COVID, and each time rebooked something 6 months out. Even though our final payment isn't until mid-July, was starting to get a little nervous. FCC is worth almost $5400. And every time I talk to them (been calling every 2 weeks on Wednesday), I have to re-explain my situation. 

Was so annoyed after my call today, that I followed my PR major daughter's advice, which has helped me in the past with other companies. I Tweeted @ MSC and in less than 30 minutes, I had an email from them and everything had been taken care of for me, and my FCC was applied. Could have been a coincidence, but I don't think it was.  My new rule of thumb, when all else fails, Tweet!

OK I guess I screwed up. I have not been looking at cruises for a long time but on a whim I booked several about a week ago. I checked the refundable box on each as I tend to bookings a lot.  

I have since cancelled them both, not even thinking that I am going to get caught up in all this crap that has been going on for the past year. Sounds like I can kiss that money goodbye for the next 2-4 months?