About to book first Viking Ocean cruise...do they still offer a referral perk for Viking cruise newbies?

cadburysmom

I'm considering treating myself to my first Viking Ocean cruise and remember reading something about a referral perk....that I, as well as the person who refers me will get $100 onboard credit?

How does this work...can I make a reservation online first and then give them the name of the person referring me? 

Thanks in advance!

2 minutes ago, cadburysmom said:

I'm considering treating myself to my first Viking Ocean cruise and remember reading something about a referral perk....that I, as well as the person who refers me will get $100 onboard credit?

How does this work...can I make a reservation online first and then give them the name of the person referring me? 

Thanks in advance!

Yes, you and the person who refers you can get a referral credit for your cruise.  Your friend will get a credit they can use on a future cruise of theirs.

When we did our first Viking Cruise, we used a Travel Agent and gave them the information details on our friends who referred us.   We also have referred others as well and gotten the $200 credits for our future cruises (don't know if it is still $200).

Not sure if you book on-line first and then give them your name.

Consider using a good Travel Agent - we now have a good one and it really makes things so much better!

Edited by CCWineLover

Also  a reminder to one and all. This is copied from the sticky at the top of the Viking Oceans forum.

Viking DOES NOT ALLOW REFERRALS to be posted on the internet.

"Advertising of customer name or ID number in public forums such as on the internet, social media or published newsletter is considered misuse of Vikings referral rewards program. Rewards earned will be voided without notice."

http://wpc.475d.edgecastcdn.net/00475D/PDF/VikingReferralRewardsProgram_Update_092017_footer.pdf

[updated September 2017]

10 minutes ago, CCWineLover said:

The referring name and customer ID has to be given when you make the reservation, before you put down the deposit. So, find your referral before you start the booking process. You can  book directly with Viking or through your own TA.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Peregrina651 said:

Also  a reminder to one and all. This is copied from the sticky at the top of the Viking Oceans forum.

Viking DOES NOT ALLOW REFERRALS to be posted on the internet.

The referring name and customer ID has to be given when you make the reservation, before you put down the deposit. So, find your referral before you start the booking process. You can  book directly with Viking or through your own TA.

21 minutes ago, CCWineLover said:

Yes, you and the person who refers you can get a referral credit for your cruise.  Your friend will get a credit they can use on a future cruise of theirs.

Consider using a good Travel Agent - we now have a good one and it really makes things so much better!

Thanks to you both for the great information.

I'm considering one of the upcoming June or July Bermuda cruises...a bit hesitant as things change daily on the Covid front and for that reason, was considering booking directly with the cruise line...cut out the middleman in case the cruise cancels.

That being said, I still don't want to miss out on any possible perks...every little bit helps, you know!!😉 

Thanks again!

42 minutes ago, CCWineLover said:

When we did our first Viking Cruise, we used a Travel Agent and gave them the information details on our friends who referred us.   We also have referred others as well and gotten the $200 credits for our future cruises (don't know if it is still $200).

it's $100 per person, so $200 per couple for the referent and the referee. Singles only get $100 although they usually pay for two people. Kinda unfair!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, cadburysmom said:

for that reason, was considering booking directly with the cruise line...cut out the middleman in case the cruise cancels.

really doesn't matter -- and if it is perks you are looking for, depending on your TA you can get OBCs that Viking doesn't offer.

I work with a TA, I have had 5 bookings cancel since last March. I have had no problems. She has handled everything, including getting vouchers from our 3rd party travel insurer.

Does anybody know if there is any reference to the referral programme on the Viking website. I searched for it recently and couldn’t find it. 

I found the sticky above but as that related to 2017 I thought the referral programme must have been abandoned. 

Glad to hear it is still going. 

11 hours ago, NeilP57 said:

Does anybody know if there is any reference to the referral programme on the Viking website. I searched for it recently and couldn’t find it. 

I found the sticky above but as that related to 2017 I thought the referral programme must have been abandoned. 

Glad to hear it is still going. 

This is the link from the Canadian site, hopefully the UK has a similar program.

https://www.vikingcruisescanada.com/about-us/referral-rewards.html