The Daily for Tuesday May 25, 2021

richwmn

Today is National Missing Children's Day, National Brown Bag It Day, and National Towel Day - in the UK

Without ice cream life and fame are meaningless.

Meal suggestion for today - Best Beef Tenderloin with Creamy Mustard Sauce

Drink of the Day - Irish Coffee

Wine of the day - Flanagan Chardonnay - California - White

Port of the Day - Limassol Cyprus

At Sea Gulf of California
Zuiderdam Destination Los Angeles eta 5/29

At Sea Pacific
Koningsdam Destination La Paz MX eta 5/28
Westerdam Destination Los Angeles eta 5/30

Corfu GR
Volendam
Zaandam

Great Stirrup Cay
Nieuw Statendam

La Paz MX
Noordam

Limassol CY
Eurodam

Long Beach
Nieuw Amsterdam Anchorage

Torquay UK
Oosterdam

Venice IT
Rotterdam

0525Europe.thumb.png.d6979383672cb672d216808b89fbe0f8.png

0525USA.thumb.png.0c61a6797a6fef8ba519930b9937de0d.png

• Like 31
  • Thanks 4

Good morning.  Thanks for the Daily Report.

An interesting collection of days, I hope we can find all missing children.

A very amusing quote.

The dinner suggestion sounds good to me.  Hope the wine is wonderful too.

Sending prayers for everyone on the Care List.  A toast to all who celebrate.

It's supposed to be hot and humid around here.  Hope everyone has a wonderful Tuesday.

Stay safe.

• Like 21

Good morning, everyone.

What a heartbreak missing children are.   I can't imagine the pain of not knowing where your child is.  I brown bagged it for years when I was working.  The food was always better than what I could buy in the cafeteria.  Not sure what Towel Day is.  

Love the quote and Irish Coffee is my go to drink on cold weather cruises like Alaska, Antarctica and Norway.  I look forward to the description of the wine.  

It was a nice quiet night last night.  No dogs barking, no trains coming through.   The train that does has a whistle that is really unique.  It sounds like a large wounded animal.  

Today's meal looks good.   I'll have to file it away for a time when I have guests.  

https://damndelicious.net/2018/12/14/best-beef-tenderloin-with-creamy-mustard-sauce/

Best-Beef-Tenderloin-with-Creamy-Mustard-SauceIMG_7933.jpg

• Like 22
  • Thanks 4

Thanks for the daily report Rich and good morning everyone.  While it’s important to raise awareness of missing children I’m not sure how towels would be celebrated. Every day is brown bag day for me.  This evening’s dinner sounds delicious and with ice cream for dessert would be even better. Never been to today’s port but can’t wait to see the pictures. Hats off to everyone with a celebration and prayers for everyone in need.

• Like 19

Good morning..  Missing Children should be everyday, don't brown bag it anymore, and I had to look up towel day.  The interesting things we learn in the daily.  The quote is spot on.  Ice Cream is my favorite.  The Meal looks so good, thank you Debbie for the recipe and photo.

Prayers and toasts to our lists.

Stay safe, social distance, and please continue to wear your mask.

Irish Coffee:

Ingredients: 1 1/3 oz (2 parts) Irish whiskey, 1 oz (1½ parts) Fresh cream, 1 tsp. Brown sugar, 2 2/3 oz (4 parts) Hot coffee
Preparation: Heat the coffee, whiskey and sugar; do not boil. Pour into glass and top with cream; serve hot.
Served: Hot
Drinkware: Irish coffee mug

Screen Shot 2021-05-25 at 6.51.44 AM.png

• Like 22
  • Thanks 2

I hope things are ok with @kazu.  She usually posts by this time.

Thank you for the Tuesday Daily, Rich, and for covering the Cares List, Kazu.  Towel Day reminds me of towel animals.  May we find as many of our missing children as possible, and I have been known to brown bag occasional.  While the quote is anonymous I tend to live by the quote.  When I was diagnosed with diabetes in 2002 I vowed to watch my diet but my reward would be ice cream every day.  I've probably missed less than a dozen days in 19 years.  I've never been to Cyprus but it has been a haven for cruise ships during the pandemic.  I like the meal suggestion.  My alternative is Chilled Lingonberry Soup and Prime Rib of Beef au Jus as served on MS Prinsendam May 25, 2015.

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Teachers, school workers and at home surrogates

Front Line Health Care Workers

Cease fire in Palestine

Jabs for HAL crew (While we haven’t heard specifically I suspect Ft. Lauderdale and Los Angeles besides San Deigo)

Gymnist Simone Biles

Nieuw Statendam scheduled for Port Everglades

My continuing improvement

StLouisCruisers’ DGS soccer success

HorizonChaser1957's print

and Sabine, HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

• Like 32
  • Thanks 3

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! Every second, of every day of every year is missing children’s day. The horror a family must endure when a child goes missing. No brown bag for me. Ok UK Dailyites, hope you Don,’t mind me celebrating your day here by carrying a towel today at the gym!

Jacqui (sorry for the typo yesterday) & Roy, thank you both for keeping our lists. Our Care list is so long now. Good Morning Dailyites & my Sisters! 

The quote is almost accurate. Add wine & chocolate and it is complete. At least for me. The meal and drink look great! It is another lovely morning here. But the humidity is coming. I will enjoy every minute until it does.  My pool has been warm enough to enjoy for the past few days. Summer will understand when I say that 86 is my magic number. Yesterday it was 89😎.

Learned that Iceland may be reducing its COVID protocols a bit, so we are waiting to see if that changes anything for us. Right now the only protocol that eats into our visit is the current requirement to stay at the hotel for 5-6 hours while we await the results of our entry test.

We may do another night at the Winery. The moon was so spectacular last night, we are hoping for a repeat. 

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone!

This Russian River Chardonnay comes from a highly respected vintner. All vintages have excellent ratings. A few online distributors with prices starting at $47.99. We might find it cheaper locally. 

Winemaker Notes 

Grapes for this wine are sourced from several top Russian River Chardonnay sites including Platt Vineyard, Ritchie Vineyard and Bacigalupi Vineyard. A typical day in Russian River begins with cool fog that fades by mid-morning as the warm sun transforms the vineyard into a warm, welcoming place buzzing with bees. In the late afternoon the ocean air sweeps in from the west cooling the vineyard down. Soils of clay and volcanic rock, carved into rolling hills by the Russian River, are the bass line to the melody played by the sun, wind and fog.

Flanagan Chardonnay RRV has an expressive nose that is typical of the Wente Clone of Chardonnay. The palate has an elegant mélange of stone fruit and ripe citrus flavors supported by understated barrel notes. The key to the wine is the bright acidity that ties everything together. This is a great example of what top Russian River Chardonnay sites can produce when wine making is focused on balance.

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, summer slope said:

Good morning..  Missing Children should be everyday, don't brown bag it anymore, and I had to look up towel day.  The interesting things we learn in the daily.  The quote is spot on.  Ice Cream is my favorite.  The Meal looks so good, thank you Debbie for the recipe and photo.

Prayers and toasts to our lists.

Stay safe, social distance, and please continue to wear your mask.

Irish Coffee:

Ingredients: 1 1/3 oz (2 parts) Irish whiskey, 1 oz (1½ parts) Fresh cream, 1 tsp. Brown sugar, 2 2/3 oz (4 parts) Hot coffee
Preparation: Heat the coffee, whiskey and sugar; do not boil. Pour into glass and top with cream; serve hot.
Served: Hot
Drinkware: Irish coffee mug

Screen Shot 2021-05-25 at 6.51.44 AM.png

It warms the heart,  It is soo good!

• Like 7

25 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

I hope things are ok with @kazu.  She usually posts by this time.

Thank you for the Tuesday Daily, Rich, and for covering the Cares List, Kazu.  Towel Day reminds me of towel animals.  May we find as many of our missing children as possible, and I have been known to brown bag occasional.  While the quote is anonymous I tend to live by the quote.  When I was diagnosed with diabetes in 2002 I vowed to watch my diet but my reward would be ice cream every day.  I've probably missed less than a dozen days in 19 years.  I've never been to Cyprus but it has been a haven for cruise ships during the pandemic.  I like the meal suggestion.  My alternative is Chilled Lingonberry Soup and Prime Rib of Beef au Jus as served on MS Prinsendam May 25, 2015.

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Teachers, school workers and at home surrogates

Front Line Health Care Workers

Cease fire in Palestine

Jabs for HAL crew (While we haven’t heard specifically I suspect Ft. Lauderdale and Los Angeles besides San Deigo)

Gymnist Simone Biles

Nieuw Statendam scheduled for Port Everglades

My continuing improvement

StLouisCruisers’ DGS soccer success

HorizonChaser1957's print

and Sabine, HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

Thanks for the list.  You have made a remarkable recovery.  I hope it continues.

• Like 10

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for the daily report.  Today is a nice sunny day and should be in the 70’s, very comfortable for me.  Tomorrow promises to be near 90 and I predict the ac will be on.   
I want to pass along a tip after lessons learned from last year.  When I’m making payments on upcoming cruises, final payment date for Alaska is soon, I’m including the booking number in my checking account ledger.  This will make things easier to sort out should we face a setback.  I’ll apply this to excursions when they become available.

Hope everyone has a nice day.

• Like 21

Rich.  Thanks for the fleet update.   I am back from my travels.  Drove from here to St. Paul for a seminarians graduation from a college seminary. The priests in the parish were concerned about me driving that far by myself.  My eyes are not that good these days.  But I am back safe and sound. I have been away from computers for almost a week. Glad to see Roy is back and thanks to KAZU for a good job in filling in for Roy.   Thanks to all who have post or read the DAILY.

• Like 17

Good morning everyone. Missing children is very sad. I used to brown bag my children’s lunches everyday and then mine when I worked teaching. I too am concerned about Jacqui. It’s so nice how we worrry about everyone. We’ve really become a family here.

I’ve discovered I can download the forms I need for estimated taxes from the IRS site and if my accountant isn’t better, I’ll just estimate what I owe and send it in. That’s one less worry.

Stay. Safe everyone.

Carol

• Like 20

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our morning smile 🙂 

Interesting collection of days.  it’s good that we have a Missing Children Day - not to celebrate but be more aware and to try to fight this horror.

We can’t miss the other National Day this is though.  It’s National Wine Day!

DE076981-633C-444B-9CB2-A44954157734.jpeg.eddda8c67fece9b4311152f9662ca34d.jpeg

LOL on the quote.  I know a few people who live by it.  Love the meal suggestion and Irish coffee is yummy on a BHB.  We’ve been to Cyprus but didn’t stop at that port.

Thanks for the concern @rafinmd - sorry I am late.  Kazu slept in.  I got two bales of earth in my planters and brought all my boxes of bulbs yesterday.  So I was a bit weary.

E23987B8-ED2A-4211-85FE-64A4673C4C6C.thumb.jpeg.2c018ce3ea53b5cd496118a473205421.jpeg

I need to buy more earth as soon as I wake up enough 😉 and get a lot of planting done.

Today’s Care List:

Kakalina and prayers for possible surgery

Welfare of furloughed crews

Garlictown recovery from arm surgery

StLouisCruisers’s DS surgery recovery & DB’s struggle with insurance to pay for operation

57redbird’s DH’s recovery, rehab and she as caregiver

St. Louis Sal’s drug trial

Sharon in Az’s ear

Mary229’s 2 sisters with lymphoma.

NextOne’s DH sent back to hospital from rehab

durangoscots fight with Home Depot for missing patio door & window

St. Louis Sal’s friend’s liver transplant friend  complication

Cruising-along’s grandson’s broken arm at 1st family gathering

Garden Club participants - Thanks to a nursery owner who shared his secret, I discovered an earth that I LOVE for my planters.  It’s called Pro Mix.  You don’t need to buy the one with fertilizer and all that junk.  Just get the ordinary one that has mycorrhizae in it.  The big bale (white) expands once it’s wet so you get a fair amount of earth.  It’s time consuming as you have to wet it before you put it in the planters but ....Plants love it.  This year due to covid, the one with it wasn’t available.  So I bought the black bale of ProMix BH and the Mycrorrhizae separately and will add it in the earth.

36699836-D1AF-4C59-A131-5727544304D3.thumb.jpeg.c34bbbfa55573e03ec7343539787f7e7.jpeg

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and a  🥂

to everyone on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

Have a great Tuesday  everyone.  Stay safe and please don’t forget your masks. 😷  

• Like 31
  • Thanks 3

11 minutes ago, mamaofami said:

Good morning everyone. Missing children is very sad. I used to brown bag my children’s lunches everyday and then mine when I worked teaching. I too am concerned about Jacqui. It’s so nice how we worrry about everyone. We’ve really become a family here.

I’ve discovered I can download the forms I need for estimated taxes from the IRS site and if my accountant isn’t better, I’ll just estimate what I owe and send it in. That’s one less worry.

Stay. Safe everyone.

Carol

Carol, if you at least pay what your taxes were last year, you can avoid a penalty. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, kazu said:

We can’t miss the other National Day this is though.  It’s National Wine Day!

DE076981-633C-444B-9CB2-A44954157734.jpeg.eddda8c67fece9b4311152f9662ca34d.jpeg

Rich must have been afraid to encourage us. Glad you rectified his omission.🍷

• Like 13
  • Haha 6

Good Morning from a warm and sunny day at the beach

I cant imagine the grief and anxiety of a parent with a missing child. There are no words...'

I brown bagged my lunch everyday. The cafeteria was not that great plus expensive.  Love Irish coffee in cooler weather. Like the quote because ice cream is my favorite desert. 

Never been to todays port, looking forward to the pictures.  Really appreciate all who post them. It is a real bonus, plus I can get some future travel ideas!

@cat shepard Do you have a lot of seaweed on your beach? Tried to walk last nite but it was impossible. Between high tide and amount of sea weed, it was wicked.  Brevard County does not rake it up because of the turtles. How about Volusia?

Stay safe and enjoy today

• Like 18

10 minutes ago, cunnorl said:

@cat shepard Do you have a lot of seaweed on your beach? Tried to walk last nite but it was impossible. Between high tide and amount of sea weed, it was wicked.  Brevard County does not rake it up because of the turtles. How about Volusia?

Stay safe and enjoy today

We have tons of very smelly seaweed. And the Easterly breezes carry the smell pretty far. 

Neither Volusia nor Flagler clean it up. And they put out all kinds of info about it, asking people not to clean it up.  Partially because of the turtles, partly because it helps rebuild the shoreline. 

• Like 12

2 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

We have tons of very smelly seaweed. And the Easterly breezes carry the smell pretty far. 

Neither Volusia nor Flagler clean it up. And they put out all kinds of info about it, asking people not to clean it up.  Partially because of the turtles, partly because it helps rebuild the shoreline. 

Thanks. I wasnt sure if other counties cleaned it up because I heard people complaining about it. We get it every year around this time. There just seems to be more of it this year. 

• Like 8