CDC GIVES RCCL GO AHEAD FOR TRIAL CRUISES

rabin1

3 hours ago, skynight said:

Here is how Celebrity is proceeding regarding cruises from Ft. Lauderdale. They don't seem to be concerned with Florida's rule. Basically  covid vaccination required for all passengers.

Celebrity Cruises has opted for the latter, which involves submitting an attestation to the CDC stating "that 95% of crew (excluding any newly embarking crew in quarantine) are fully vaccinated and submit to CDC a clear and specific vaccination plan and timeline to limit cruise ship sailings to 95% of passengers who have been verified by the cruise ship operator as fully vaccinated prior to sailing."
Royal Caribbean, Celebrity's sister company, recently announced plans to run its first trial cruise in June.
This re-inaugural Celebrity cruise will depart from Port Everglades on June 26, with all crew and all passengers over the age of 16 required to show proof they have been fully vaccinated before boarding. And that regulation won't be going away -- after August 1, the vaccination rule will expand to include travelers over the age of 12.

I just now received an email from the Celebrity President & CEO reiterating what I bolded above re: vaccination of passengers and crew for the Edge sailings. So yeah, it appears Florida's "law" prohibiting proof of vaccination doesn't concern Celebrity. 

Edited by joepeka
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, joepeka said:

I just now received an email from the Celebrity President & CEO reiterating what I bolded above re: vaccination of passengers and crew for the Edge sailings. So yeah, it appears Florida's "law" prohibiting proof of vaccination doesn't concern Celebrity. 

All along I figured there'd be a way around this.  So many whining about FL...Hope I don't eat my words, but so many must like gloom and doom.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, skynight said:

Here is how Celebrity is proceeding regarding cruises from Ft. Lauderdale. They don't seem to be concerned with Florida's rule. Basically  covid vaccination required for all passengers.

Celebrity Cruises has opted for the latter, which involves submitting an attestation to the CDC stating "that 95% of crew (excluding any newly embarking crew in quarantine) are fully vaccinated and submit to CDC a clear and specific vaccination plan and timeline to limit cruise ship sailings to 95% of passengers who have been verified by the cruise ship operator as fully vaccinated prior to sailing."
Royal Caribbean, Celebrity's sister company, recently announced plans to run its first trial cruise in June.
This re-inaugural Celebrity cruise will depart from Port Everglades on June 26, with all crew and all passengers over the age of 16 required to show proof they have been fully vaccinated before boarding. And that regulation won't be going away -- after August 1, the vaccination rule will expand to include travelers over the age of 12.

I think if they get a bill they might pay it this first cruise.  There are a couple of extra things they can do to get around this.  1) Just not let Florida residents purchase a ticket until the law is lifted 2) Just charge Floridians $5000 more per person to cover the cost of the penalty.  3) Just put it in the cruise contract that if you are a Florida resident you could be charged an extra $5000 dollars per person if the state penalizes the cruise line when you give your vaccination status.  This should pretty much cover the law.

Edited by cscurlock

7 hours ago, cscurlock said:

I think if they get a bill they might pay it this first cruise.  There are a couple of extra things they can do to get around this.  1) Just not let Florida residents purchase a ticket until the law is lifted 2) Just charge Floridians $5000 more per person to cover the cost of the penalty.  3) Just put it in the cruise contract that if you are a Florida resident you could be charged an extra $5000 dollars per person if the state penalizes the cruise line when you give your vaccination status.  This should pretty much cover the law.

You have to wonder how Governor DeSantis would react to those proposed work arounds.🤣

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, cscurlock said:

Doubtful that the State law applies to international travel. If enforced it would probably would wind up in the courts for a long time. 

42 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

You have to wonder how Governor DeSantis would react to those proposed work arounds.🤣

Those are the costs of doing business in Florida.  Like any other business you pass the costs down to your customers.  People that are not from Florida don't have to deal with these extra costs because the other states are not imposing them.