Is Celebrity Reflection sailing from Amsterdam in July ?

sherrjo

We are trying to book a cruise this summer but all sites are selling cruises that probably won't take place or are probably going to be cancelled.

We usually sail from the UK but they or their government  have banned non UK residents this year. 

We are quite close to Amsterdam so fancy this cruise leaving in July 11th. - July 17th onboard reflection.

However we are not sure if it's still going to sail and if so what will be required in terms of testing and vaccination.

The Celebrity site isn't too forthcoming in this respect. I did  a dummy booking last night and at no time during the process did it flag up any warnings about health protocols which I found strange. In fact there whole website does not talk at all about health protocols. 😬

https://www.celebritycruises.com/itinerary-search?dates=2021-07&destinations=EUROP&departures=AMS

Does anyone know what's happening with Celebrity and why their website is missing vital health COVID information? 

The warnigns are clearly visible on the general website... what more do you expect to flag up during a booking process ? 🤔

Anyway... the only cruises in the near future - and that includes July - providing a bit of certainty are the new cruises especially "designed" for current conditions. In Europe that would be the Apex cruises from Greece. 

As can be seen with the cruise lines already sailing or offering sailings, the original cruises will be canceled and replaced by new adapted cruises/itineraries - which also solves the problem of reduced capacity.

That will be the proceedure for the comming months.

Personally I highly doubt that the one mentioned by you will sail as planned.

IMO, no it won't. I base that opinion on the fact that as of today (May 26, 2021) Reflection is positioned just off Coco Cay. I doubt it will do  a trans-Atlantic and be ready to sail by that date with so many restrictions still in place. 

• Like 1

As of today, Netherlands is still closed to most foreign tourists, as I understand.  The OP, from Belgium, may be able to travel to Amsterdam, but most others cannot yet.  I think that restriction must be lifted first

• Like 1

They are now reporting Reflection data to the CDC. Currently in Orange status. They're also now reporting Silhouette which is a little strange unless it is solely being done for crew purposes. If they had zero plans to have the ship in or near the US in the short term, it wouldn't make much sense to report that data unless they are just trying to be 100% transparent with the fleet at this point.

The new Apex, Millennium and US Caribbean cruises have been the bulk of the conversation to date. Other European cruises haven't really been mentioned at all. 

Edited by Jeremiah1212
  • Like 1

I'm supposed to be on the July 11 Cruise out of Amsterdam - We haven't heard anything - We have 1 way flights booked to Amsterdam, didn't even book a return just in case.. Hopefully we hear either way this week..

• Like 1

I’m guessing there are a fair few brits on this cruise, more and more EU countries are saying we have to quarantine for 14 nights when we enter their countries, that’s going to be a huge problem 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Alakegirl said:

Also the first thing you see on the US website is the health announcement. “Health and Travel Updates”. Perhaps you missed it? Or perhaps the version of the website doesn’t have it?

9CB89B7F-BAC8-42FB-937D-BC0A30B42C24.png

Nothing at all on my site sadly I just checked again.

But I think my question has been answered forget this cruise it won't take place. How can we see what cruises are new and what ones are old and still to be cancelled? 

Screenshot 2021-05-26 191434.png

Edited by sherrjo

Found the details for APEX.  My son will be 16 but they are not currently vaccinating under 18 in Belgium. I presume he will not be required to have a vaccine I presume we will. 

Celebrity Cruises Requirements

• Celebrity Cruises requires all guests age 16 and above to be fully vaccinated at least two weeks prior to sail date. As of August 1, 2021, all US Guests age 12 and older must be fully vaccinated. For UK residents, all guests 18 and over must be fully vaccinated with all Covid-19 vaccine doses administered at least 14 days prior to sailing. Crew members onboard will be vaccinated.
  • Celebrity will administer a complimentary antigen test to all guests at the terminal and again at debarkation for country re-entry.

3 hours ago, Lolou127 said:

I’m guessing there are a fair few brits on this cruise, more and more EU countries are saying we have to quarantine for 14 nights when we enter their countries, that’s going to be a huge problem 

Why is it a problem if no or few Brits are on board a ship?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Saab4444 said:

Why is it a problem if no or few Brits are on board a ship?

Sorry, I wasn’t saying it was, just that it might prove a problem for brits to join this cruise and that might mean cancellations for X to deal with 

15 hours ago, Lolou127 said:

Sorry, I wasn’t saying it was, just that it might prove a problem for brits to join this cruise and that might mean cancellations for X to deal with 

I agree,I am on the 11th Aug sailing on Reflection from Amsterdam.

I sailed the same itinerary (Baltic) from Amsterdam 3 years ago and I would guess the majority was Brits.

If most on this cruise are of the same mind as me and cancel,,then yes it will be a problem,,for Celebrity and other nationalities on this trip.

Do you think Celebrity will sail with a half empty ship?,,,I believe they will look at booking levels in the next few weeks.

To fly from UK to Amsterdam we will need a Fit to Fly PCR test,,,,,the cruises are expensive enough without adding hundreds of ££££ for tests.

• Like 1

We were on the 8/23/2021 Baltic cruise sailing from Amsterdam, and decided to cancel in February and get a refund. We just did not see that cruise sailing as scheduled, especially St. Petersburg.  If that (and possibly other ports) were cancelled, it was going to be a "no go" for us.  

12 hours ago, keels81 said:

They just sent out an email suspending sailings on the Infinity and Reflection.

Hi

Does it say when they are suspended to….?

I am booked on the 11th Aug sailing had no e mail yet.

FP due on 15th June,,,,I will cancel before then if they don’t.

After yesterday’s announcement by the UK government travel is not advised to any European country at the moment.

2 hours ago, JeanieC,Aston said:

Hi

Does it say when they are suspended to….?

I am booked on the 11th Aug sailing had no e mail yet.

FP due on 15th June,,,,I will cancel before then if they don’t.

After yesterday’s announcement by the UK government travel is not advised to any European country at the moment.

Hi, 

We are booked on this cruise too.

Celebrity have now cancelled all Reflection cruises departing up to 30th July 2021, so including the 12 night British Isles cruise immediately proceeding this one. Ours is not cancelled at this time. 

The updated list from Celebrity is here Voluntary Suspension on Sailings | Celebrity Cruises