The Daily for Wednesday May 26, 2021

richwmn

Adding my prayers here for those who have some very real concerns -- @smitty34877 , @StLouisCruisers and @bennybear being among them.

@kazu , you can remove my little DGD from the care list.  Thank you for including her, though.  She came to visit this morning and is still a human tornado -- arm cast or no.  Oh to be young again.

Wishing all an enjoyable afternoon and evening.  DH is returning two days early from camping up near Mammoth Lakes.  It's too cold and there's no place like home.  😊

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, AncientWanderer said:

Adding my prayers here for those who have some very real concerns -- @smitty34877 , @StLouisCruisers and @bennybear being among them.

@kazu , you can remove my little DGD from the care list.  Thank you for including her, though.  She came to visit this morning and is still a human tornado -- arm cast or no.  Oh to be young again.

Wishing all an enjoyable afternoon and evening.  DH is returning two days early from camping up near Mammoth Lakes.  It's too cold and there's no place like home.  😊

thanks, will do. Glad to hear it 👍   I remember when I had my elbow surgery and they were taking a little boy out of his walking boot.  He was in it for a full 3 weeks the Ortho surgeon told me.  The young heal quickly and pain is not the same as for the older folks.

• Like 9

I am going to be flying to Missouri to visit with Nancy a few days.  I'll be leaving noon tomorrow and returning Saturday evening so I may not be on here for a few days (except I will check in here in the morning).  Nan seemed to enjoy my twin's visit today.  I hope my visit will help as well.  She has been refusing her meds and food.  Given up essentially.  She dreamt her beloved late husband came for her and she wants to go be with him.  She has had enough of the hospital environment so the 2 daughters arranged for a beautiful new hospice type place where she can get "comfort care".  It has to be better than her feeling like she's in jail with one visitor per day for 4 weeks.  They only changed the rule for Nancy because she is getting dangerously close to the end with her refusals.  I've never known her to act like this so she must be desperate.  You've never met a kinder, sweeter person than she is, but she's been refusing to let any staff into her room.  Done!

• Like 12
  • Thanks 7

12 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I am going to be flying to Missouri to visit with Nancy a few days.  I'll be leaving noon tomorrow and returning Saturday evening so I may not be on here for a few days (except I will check in here in the morning).  Nan seemed to enjoy my twin's visit today.  I hope my visit will help as well.  She has been refusing her meds and food.  Given up essentially.  She dreamt her beloved late husband came for her and she wants to go be with him.  She has had enough of the hospital environment so the 2 daughters arranged for a beautiful new hospice type place where she can get "comfort care".  It has to be better than her feeling like she's in jail with one visitor per day for 4 weeks.  They only changed the rule for Nancy because she is getting dangerously close to the end with her refusals.  I've never known her to act like this so she must be desperate.  You've never met a kinder, sweeter person than she is, but she's been refusing to let any staff into her room.  Done!

I am so sorry to hear this.  Take care of your own spirit.

Roy

• Like 16

32 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I hope your visit with her helps her. Praying for her anD you.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I am so sorry to hear this.   I hope your visit is a good one and that you both find comfort and peace through your visit.  

I went through this with my mom when she decided she was done and refused treatments.   Hugs to you and we'll all be thinking of both of you.   

• Like 12

5 minutes ago, dfish said:

I am so sorry to hear this.   I hope your visit is a good one and that you both find comfort and peace through your visit.  

I went through this with my mom when she decided she was done and refused treatments.   Hugs to you and we'll all be thinking of both of you.   

You always find the right words, Debbie.  

• Like 13

Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser thank you very much for your nice pictures of Guam . Hope one of these years I can have a peak at Guam myself I would like to see some of these historical sites  but I guess I would have to book a HAL World Cruise or be a trader and go with a different company .............that won't happen , too much Blue and Orange blood in my veins ! 

Tony 😉

• Like 10

7 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

I'm not supposed to tell you, but Pat will be 85 next Monday - definitely a senior.  We will have missed out on two years of cruising by the time all this is over, so I'm telling him, in cruise years he'll only be 83.  

Hope you have a couple of bottles of his favourite wine in house Ann , and does this also mean he will also get his favourite Irish meal on Monday ?  Pat's age might make him a senior I guess but sometimes I have trouble keeping up with him and also his quick wit . Best Wishes ! 

Cheers , Martha and Tony 😍😃

• Like 6

2 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Oh this is so sad to hear 😢 

Your visit could make the difference.  If it helps my BIL’s mother was not eating and about to give up until they allowed him to visit.  It took time but she is out of the hospital and in rehab and recovering.

I just so want to send some hope your way.  People react to their people and your love for her will reach her, I really hope.

Praying for you both and huge cyber {{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}} to you both 🙏🏻 

• Like 9

4 hours ago, highland cruiser said:

Glad you will be able to get your procedure done soon.  Not fun to have tooth issues. 

thanks.  It’s sore and I mean sore but nothing compared to what others are going through. but it was worrisome for me after the $$$ and time.

• Like 5

Sorry to hear this Sandi.  I hope that the same joy that you bring to us each day will travel with you when see your beloved sister.  Your family will be in my prayers with the intention of a happy outcome.  Safe travels.

• Like 10

Good evening all!

It’s lovely this evening, clear skies, beautiful sunshine, but a bit warm. Had my trial dose follow up today. Met another doctor from the ALS clinic staff. Really liked him, but might partly be because there was no bloodletting or pulmonary tests today. Yay! 

Having a Sally in space was a fantastic feeling. She was two years younger than me and I was saddened when she passed from cancer at such a young age (61). Health and fitness is important for seniors that want to keep cruising! Never been a whiz at paper airplanes ☹️.

Making decisions wouldn’t be so hard if there weren’t so many choices!

All the food and drink choices sounded wonderful today. I had toasted ravioli with marinara sauce for dinner. I think that is a uniquely St Louis thing and really delicious.

Haven’t been to Guam, loved the pictures, DH is a history lover, he would really enjoy a visit there.

So many health concerns shared today, quite overwhelming. I am praying for all 🙏.

Lots to celebrate as well as things begin to open up here and there plus there are cruises to look forward to. Even if some of us aren’t on these early ones, I know we are looking forward to hearing from those who are. A toast to some normalcy 🥂.

St Louis Sal

Edited by St. Louis Sal
Typos
  • Like 12

21 minutes ago, kazu said:

Oh this is so sad to hear 😢 

Your visit could make the difference.  If it helps my BIL’s mother was not eating and about to give up until they allowed him to visit.  It took time but she is out of the hospital and in rehab and recovering.

I just so want to send some hope your way.  People react to their people and your love for her will reach her, I really hope.

Praying for you both and huge cyber {{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}} to you both 🙏🏻 

Thanks for those encouraging words.  I hope to be a positive influence so have to psyche myself up before I get there.  I can do this!

• Like 11

8 minutes ago, Mr. Boston said:

Sorry to hear this Sandi.  I hope that the same joy that you bring to us each day will travel with you when see your beloved sister.  Your family will be in my prayers with the intention of a happy outcome.  Safe travels.

Thank you very much!  I really appreciate that.🙂

• Like 6

10 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

My  DD  is bringing her  half  sister to  the  ER as  I  write  this. She is  what  is  called  a  "covid long  hauler" and  has  had  over  a  dozen  episodes  of  fevers  and  other  symptoms  in  the  last  year. She  has  only  been  able  to  work  sporadically(she  is  a  nurse) and  is  the  single  mother  of  a  12  year  old  boy. We  will  have  her  son  with  us  between  our  two  households  as  the  doctors  figure  out  what  can   be  done. Please  add  our  Tana  to  the  list. Thank  you.      Terry

I hope everything turns out okay with Tana. I think Covid long haul is going to be a continued concern and very difficult for doctors to deal with. The symptoms are so varied. So disheartening for her and others to get over Covid, but be left with the after effects. Prayers for her.

St Louis Sal

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Thanks for those encouraging words.  I hope to be a positive influence so have to psyche myself up before I get there.  I can do this!

You can.  I know you can.  It’s hard but you have to do it and hopefully bring her out of her surrender feeling.  

No matter the outcome, you are doing your best and God Bless You for doing it.  It’s tough.  We’re here with you.

• Like 8

So sorry to hear your sister Nancy is not doing well. Hopefully your visit will bring you both some happiness and peace. We always want our loved ones to fight, but sometimes they know when they are done with the battle. But maybe seeing you and thinking about those baby boys will give her some renewed energy. I will pray for both of you. Safe travels to St Louis.

Tell your brother he’s in my thoughts as he fights the insurance companies for the care he needs. After my DH’s leukemia treatment, Barnes insisted we still owed $1200. I was sure we didn’t. I battled my insurance, the hospital accounting department, a collection agency, a second collection agency (first one gave up) and the upshot was I didn’t owe them, but they owed us $200 for overpayment. Victory!

Take care,

St Louis Sal

• Like 12

3 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Sandi, I’m so sorry Nancy is going through this.  It’s good you are going to see her.  Being able to see you and your twin will give her comfort and hopefully give her the boost she needs to start eating and letting the staff help her.  If that is not the outcome, hopefully you, your twin and Nancy will have a chance to see each other and say good bye.

We are sending good thoughts for the best outcome for Nancy and your family, and that you all find comfort no matter the outcome.  Remember, you are not alone.  In addition to your  family, you have your Daily family behind you too.

Lenda 

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, St. Louis Sal said:

So sorry to hear your sister Nancy is not doing well. Hopefully your visit will bring you both some happiness and peace. We always want our loved ones to fight, but sometimes they know when they are done with the battle. But maybe seeing you and thinking about those baby boys will give her some renewed energy. I will pray for both of you. Safe travels to St Louis.

Tell your brother he’s in my thoughts as he fights the insurance companies for the care he needs. After my DH’s leukemia treatment, Barnes insisted we still owed $1200. I was sure we didn’t. I battled my insurance, the hospital accounting department, a collection agency, a second collection agency (first one gave up) and the upshot was I didn’t owe them, but they owed us $200 for overpayment. Victory!

Take care,

St Louis Sal

Thanks so much, Sal.  I need all this positive energy behind me now.  I can feel it!

That's another scary tale of insurance company incompetence.  I'm so happy they owed you money in the end.  They'd better have paid it.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Sandi, I’m so sorry Nancy is going through this.  It’s good you are going to see her.  Being able to see you and your twin will give her comfort and hopefully give her the boost she needs to start eating and letting the staff help her.  If that is not the outcome, hopefully you, your twin and Nancy will have a chance to see each other and say good bye.

We are sending good thoughts for the best outcome for Nancy and your family, and that you all find comfort no matter the outcome.  Remember, you are not alone.  In addition to your  family, you have your Daily family behind you too.

Lenda 

Thanks to you and everyone for this outpouring of support.  I'm so lucky to be a part of this group of people.  🙂

• Like 6

3 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

God speed, Sandi.  Major prayers accompanying you. 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, lindaler said:

Could not resist the siren call of the river. The dog and I took a short cruise on the water.  Photos of the river, and the swallows under the bridge and the friends who came down to the water to greet us. 

6C3AE99D-C624-4D84-8362-7DAE858AD2CE.jpeg

BA775E70-2641-4F67-9ECC-9CF8BDAD91FF.jpeg

19C78E9B-15FC-493B-950F-ED1690EC4E85.jpeg

Love the pictures.  A day like this does not happen everyday, but chores will always be there.

6 hours ago, kochleffel said:

I have a romantic attachment to the idea of flying the Micronesia Island Hopper route. Now operated by United, it originated with Continental Air Micronesia and runs from Honolulu to Guam with up to five stops at various islands and atolls: Majuro, Kwajalein, Kosrae, Pohnpei, and Chuuk. It is the only air service to some of them.

Stopovers are possible, either intentional or unintentional (a mechanic travels aboard, with spare parts for the aircraft), except at Kwajalein, a U.S. military base where passengers can't even leave the plane without government permission. The other stops are in the Marshall Islands or the Federated States of Micronesia and some passengers leave the plane just because they want to have their passports stamped.

It is a very long trip, about 16 hours, compared to the nonstop flight between Honolulu and Guam. I am only attached to the idea of it; I don't think I would actually like it at all.

island hopper route

Its more relaxing to get to these islands by cruise ship.

6 hours ago, bennybear said:

Good morning and thanks all!  
Sending extra prayers for Tana and Nancy!   Hope  it’s just a precaution Jacqui! 
What  a week,   Our elderly former long time next door neighbor passed away,  and my SIL has been diagnosed with an aggressive cancer, awaiting her appointment with surgeon.   Fingers crossed it hasn’t spread!  
I’m hoping we can soon be planning other distractions! 

7B05A1C3-FE5D-41CA-B782-D09ED09AAA39.jpeg

Sorry about your former neighbor’s passing.  Hope they caught you DSIL’s cancer early and the surgeon can get it all out.

5 hours ago, kazu said:

Too much bad news, so I will add some good.  Back from the periodontist and a very “ouch” exam.  It’s most likely the way the gum has formed after the last implant was brought down.  I’ll have to put up with it and do the usual stuff to help it.  Not infected so my procedure can go ahead next Tuesday.  My periodontist said he could literally feel the blood pressure go down in the room.  LOL. 

Sorry your mouth is sore, but glad it won’t interfere with the upcoming final procedure.  I know you will be glad to get it over with.

• Like 5