Silhouette around Britain staycruisecations

Thameside

6 minutes ago, BestGuessed said:

Chic Nights are Celebrity's revised version of what used to be Formal Nights.

If you haven’t received anything regarding your PCR test by now and are sailing on Friday I would suggest that you should contact Celebrity as a matter of urgency tomorrow.  We received our instructions over three weeks ago ….🥴

Thanks, we’ve actually got a test tomorrow. I got the email meant for the current cruise about three weeks ago, when I tried to book the test I couldn’t so I rang celebrity who said I shouldn’t had that email, and should ignore it. I would receive another email at the correct time. This never arrived, fortunately I’d saved the original email so I was able to use the link to book the appointment. It all seems very disorganised.

1 hour ago, MacH said:

We are on the 9 July cruise and will definitely be donning our gladrags for the occasion! 

We will be on the 31st July and my wife will definitely dress up. Not just on the chic nights either. I’ll take two DJ’s to be on her good side😂

23 minutes ago, Esprit said:

We will be on the 31st July and my wife will definitely dress up. Not just on the chic nights either. I’ll take two DJ’s to be on her good side😂

It’s a shame that you aren’t on our cruise (9th July) as we will be dressing every night too. And as it happens we are from Kent. We always make an effort and my husband will be wearing a jacket every evening and I will be pleased to get my glam gear out of the wardrobe after the last fifteen months.

We enjoy a bit of ballroom and Latin dancing but not quite sure how we stand with that !!

58 minutes ago, BestGuessed said:

It’s a shame that you aren’t on our cruise (9th July) as we will be dressing every night too. And as it happens we are from Kent. We always make an effort and my husband will be wearing a jacket every evening and I will be pleased to get my glam gear out of the wardrobe after the last fifteen months.

We enjoy a bit of ballroom and Latin dancing but not quite sure how we stand with that !!

Haha. We do ballroom and Latin dancing too. Been going to Goodmans for years.

Wife will dress up every night so I try to compliment her with my attire. Not bothered either what others choose to wear.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BestGuessed said:

I’m on the cruise on 9th (PCR  tests permitting 🙏🏻) with my disabled son.  I’ll be dressing up in the evening too. 😍

I am really looking forward to getting dressed  up every evening for dinner, especially after spending the last 18months dressed down! 
I know lots of my fellow passengers will be feeling the same.

I love departing from Southampton . It means I do not have so many restrictions on how many outfits I can take (well, apart from my husband trying to impose his restrictions, lol)

Are they still doing the house style breakfast in Tuscan Grill for Elites and over?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, swjumbo said:

I do wonder that as this is an upmarket ‘British’ cruise will it remind me of days gone by when P&O used to be classy? 

Well it may do, but it won't be because of us 😁!  I'm happy for those of you who want to dress up, but we are definitely with the Americans on this one, and am delighted that Celebrity's version of 'chic' is very broad.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, mrsgoggins said:

Well it may do, but it won't be because of us 😁!  I'm happy for those of you who want to dress up, but we are definitely with the Americans on this one, and am delighted that Celebrity's version of 'chic' is very broad.

Agree...In our early cruising days we liked the dressing up to some degree but we love comfort too. I remember on ‘formal’ nights we would sometimes slip back to our room to change into something still nice but for my better half no tie and for me no frills. 

14 hours ago, swjumbo said:

I do wonder that as this is an upmarket ‘British’ cruise will it remind me of days gone by when P&O used to be classy? 

We usually chose Celebrity because we don’t want a typical ‘British’ cruise upmarket or otherwise. Much as we enjoy cruising with some British guests we always enjoy the more diverse crowd Celebrity usually attracts.

Edited by chemmo
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Minnie29 said:

Has anyone on the current cruise commented on how many children are onboard? 

I'd like to know that too. We're on the 17th July with our son, partner and 3 young children. We're hoping there will be quite a few children for ours to mate up with in the kids club. Our eldest grandson (6) finishes school for the summer on Friday 16th July, and our TA (a relative who runs an online cruise agency) reckons there will be more than ours as the UK and Scottish schools will have finished for the summer.

1 hour ago, mrsgoggins said:

We never dress up on cruises. My husband (Rretired accountant) had to wear a suit every day for work and will now only wear one for weddings and funerals, and I am just not a 'fancy frock' person. In fact, I haven't worn a dress in nearly 40 years! Comfort all the way for us! 

Edited by Mim Lloyd
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Minnie29 said:

Only five, a very happy crew member told me, but schools are not out yet. I don’t think I’ve bumped into any yet, but again a very small passenger load for this size ship.

47 minutes ago, chemmo said:

Agree...In our early cruising days we liked the dressing up to some degree but we love comfort too. I remember on ‘formal’ nights we would sometimes slip back to our room to change into something still nice but for my better half no tie and for me no frills. 

We usually chose Celebrity because we don’t want a typical ‘British’ cruise upmarket or otherwise. Much as we enjoy cruising with some British guests we always enjoy the more diverse crowd Celebrity usually attracts.

We also appreciate the more cosmopolitan product that Celebrity does so well.  We have tried RCCL and but it just didn't compare.  We also tried Cunard and enjoyed it (including the formality) but just not as much as Celebrity. We also tried P&O and thought it was pretty dire so, thus far, Celebrity has been our consistent favourite.  What will be interesting on these cruises is how the Celebrity product comes over due to the restrictions and the crew being very green and, most of all, the fact that we will be all Brits on board (or people resident in UK) and how that works out.

Looking at the various tweets from the first cruise it seems to be DJs at the ready 🙂

PS can anyone tell me what the wine by the glass selection is on the premium package compared to the basic - I cant find an up to date photo of a wine menu (which I suppose is hardly suprising)

if anyone on the current cruise who used ABP Parking at the port and  has found time to read this (and reply!), please can you describe how the parking was organised and, in particular, were bags being taken at the car park or did you have to drive to the bag drop first?  I still have not received an updated ticket book so don't have any luggage labels and I'm trying to work out how to play it if we have to chase them up at the port. Thanks

18 minutes ago, MacH said:

if anyone on the current cruise who used ABP Parking at the port and  has found time to read this (and reply!), please can you describe how the parking was organised and, in particular, were bags being taken at the car park or did you have to drive to the bag drop first?  I still have not received an updated ticket book so don't have any luggage labels and I'm trying to work out how to play it if we have to chase them up at the port. Thanks

We are still waiting for our luggage labels and like you are worrying about that aspect. We will be dropped off as we are leaving our car at a hotel but I’ve got visions of the staff trying to snatch the cases with no labels! 

14 minutes ago, delondin said:

We are still waiting for our luggage labels and like you are worrying about that aspect. We will be dropped off as we are leaving our car at a hotel but I’ve got visions of the staff trying to snatch the cases with no labels! 

If all else fails, create your own. Porters normally have labels as well. 

10 minutes ago, delondin said:

It has happened to us twice before but in Florida. I had to go into the terminal to find someone to get blank labels for me and we then had to stand there and fill them in before we could check our bags. It is definitely an inconvenience. However, I suspect that going in and out of the terminal will not be possible due to Covid restrictions. I emailed the Captains Club this morning to see if they could chase it up. If I  haven’t had a reply by tomorrow I will be ringing management. 

1 hour ago, Mim Lloyd said:

We never dress up on cruises. My husband (Rretired accountant) had to wear a suit every day for work and will now only wear one for weddings and funerals, and I am just not a 'fancy frock' person. In fact, I haven't worn a dress in nearly 40 years! Comfort all the way for us! 

That's funny. I'm a practising accountant, and wear a T shirt and jeans most days in my office or a polo shirt for client meetings. 

For evenings out, it's a crisply ironed long sleeved shirt (sometimes with a slim fit jacket) and jeans, but always with a pair of Jeffery West shoes.

Edited by Esprit
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, ighten said:

Looking at the various tweets from the first cruise it seems to be DJs at the ready 🙂

PS can anyone tell me what the wine by the glass selection is on the premium package compared to the basic - I cant find an up to date photo of a wine menu (which I suppose is hardly suprising)

If you look at the app it has all the wine lists on and what wine is available by the glass in each restaurant. 🥂🍷

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, MacH said:

It has happened to us twice before but in Florida. I had to go into the terminal to find someone to get blank labels for me and we then had to stand there and fill them in before we could check our bags. It is definitely an inconvenience. However, I suspect that going in and out of the terminal will not be possible due to Covid restrictions. I emailed the Captains Club this morning to see if they could chase it up. If I  haven’t had a reply by tomorrow I will be ringing management. 

Let me know how you get on please 

Chic nights aren't for me clothes don't make me enjoy a night more good company does.  I have nothing agaist people who feel dressing up makes a cruise evening that much more special.  We did when we started cruising full DJ patent leather shoes and all when it changed to Chic no longer felt persured to do it.  Your lucky I've even bought new clothes for this cruise 😄 I'm on holiday I don't judge people and I hope for the same in return.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Minnie29 said:

There shouldn’t be many, as school is still in session in England.

Possibly a few from Scotland or a few under 5’s?