Silhouette around Britain staycruisecations

Thameside

1 hour ago, oxmatt said:

We were in a Concierge cabin for 12 nights on the Silhouette 2 years ago and didn't like the Canapés. To save continually wasting them, after the third day we asked our cabin steward not to bother with them any more. He seemed really concerned that we were missing out and kept suggesting alternatives - cheese and crackers, fruit, cookies. We kept saying no and eventually he said, 'Please tell me what you like!' Joking, I said, 'I love champagne or Prosecco but I don't think Celebrity will give us that for free!' Every other day from then on he would leave a chilled bottle of house champagne for us!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lovetoholiday said:

Thank you. Just getting ready to travel to Southampton and keeping my fingers crossed it all goes to plan tomorrow.  I'll relax once I am finally on board.

Enjoy your last day.

Hi @lovetoholiday don’t get too relaxed that you forget to post us updates with details of your cruise, we don't sail until the 23rd! 
Hope you have a fantastic and relaxing cruise, and fingers crossed that they rectify some of the teething issues for this 2nd UK cruise. 
Tim 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Minnie29 said:

Does anyone know what the first cruise capacity is? Assuming it’s 1000 passengers as per government guidelines? 

This limit is only for cruiselines without a vacinnation policy - so I assume there is no limit for Celebrity - https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-cruise-ship-travel and certainly no limit after 19th July to my knowlege. 

Of course that doesn't mean that they will cruise at capacity if they do not have the staff available. 

51 minutes ago, Minnie29 said:

Does anyone know what the first cruise capacity is? Assuming it’s 1000 passengers as per government guidelines? 

When I got told by MSC that I couldn't cruise on the 17th as I wouldn't be fully vaccinated, they were making that change so they could go from 1000 passengers to 50% capacity so I believe, before the 19th, that's the limit.

After the 19th I think most lines will go closer to full capacity, but leaving some space for quarantining if required so maybe 85%

12 minutes ago, Wedgeh said:

After the 19th I think most lines will go closer to full capacity, but leaving some space for quarantining if required so maybe 85%

Given that some crew are occupying passenger cabins to avoid multiple occupancy in the crew quarters I'd be surprised if it reached 85% after 19 July

• Thanks 1

As no more rooms seem to have gone on sale(other than those that appeared aafter peeps moved Jul to August when the itin changed) it seems they are sticking with as they were - plus I'm guessing they cant just magic more staff out of a top hat..

Virtuosa is a different comparison as is Iona - those ships literally are empty with 1000 onboard but they still required a certain staff lvl I suspect they have more wiggle room

Edited by ighten

Just been looking at the Health & Safety protocols for Southampton cruises which were updated yesterday 07/07/21.

It states you need proof of residency, which I am assuming is a passport/ driving licence, but it doesn’t state what.

‘For more information, click here,’ takes you through to a Gov.UK web site, which looks as thought it’s for residency application. They require Bank statements, bills etc ( all banking done on line now, since the pandemic). Vey confusing. 
I have rung our TA, who of course is out of the office, so I have also emailed her.

I will update with a reply.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

Just been looking at the Health & Safety protocols for Southampton cruises which were updated yesterday 07/07/21.

It states you need proof of residency, which I am assuming is a passport/ driving licence, but it doesn’t state what.

‘For more information, click here,’ takes you through to a Gov.UK web site, which looks as thought it’s for residency application. They require Bank statements, bills etc ( all banking done on line now, since the pandemic). Vey confusing. 
I have rung our TA, who of course is out of the office, so I have also emailed her.

Perhaps worth taking a council tax bill with you. Probably the only bill we have now in paper format. 

They may be getting Irish residents (only an example before anyone screams) with UK passports on board.

Edited by Wichenford Wolf
Added sentence.

8 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

@upwardUK unless I've missed something I do not think they are asking everyone for proof of residency:

"Guests who have had their vaccinations administered in countries outside of the UK, will need to bring proof of their vaccinations along with proof of residency in the UK."  

so it looks like it's only related to how people can prove vaccination status and eligibility to reside in the UK if they had their jabs elsewhere.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, southamptonsue said:

I’m concerned now, we had the tests 36 hours ago and the website says test results “waiting”, but our QR codes weren’t scanned either.

I wish I wasn’t going on this cruise, it’s so stressful

Finally!!  Got our PCR results, 57 hours after the test, and only because I phoned up Eurofin and complained - the website message changed to “your results are in and you will be contacted shortly” - 3 hours later, still no email.

We’re both negative, so I can start to get excited - see you there!

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, countingdown321 said:

Guests who have had their vaccinations administered in countries outside of the UK, will need to bring proof of their vaccinations along with proof of residency in the UK."  

You are correct. Just had this from Sam on Celebrity FB site:

“Hi Jackie, Proof of residency is only required if you received your vaccination outside of the UK. The link to the gov website does have a list of acceptable proof of residency such as bank statement or council tax bill. Many Thanks Sam”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, talljules1 said:

Sorry if this is a silly question.  Do we have to have any sort of test whilst on the cruise in order to disembark at the end of the cruise?

Only in the USA. Not in the UK.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, upwarduk said:

I was going to show them my old passport with my 'indefinite leave to remain' from 2003. I would think this covers the residency issue but you never know these days. 

17 hours ago, TimWB said:

Hi @lovetoholiday don’t get too relaxed that you forget to post us updates with details of your cruise, we don't sail until the 23rd! 
Hope you have a fantastic and relaxing cruise, and fingers crossed that they rectify some of the teething issues for this 2nd UK cruise. 
Tim 

Just woken up in the Holiday Inn and our beautiful ship us just outside my window. Just need the testing to go smoothly. There seems to be a lot of people leaving from the car park already.

20210709_055848.jpg

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, lovetoholiday said:

Just woken up in the Holiday Inn and our beautiful ship us just outside my window. Just need the testing to go smoothly. There seems to be a lot of people leaving from the car park already.

20210709_055848.jpg

Have a wonderful cruise! We always stay at the Holiday Inn, so lovely to open your curtains and see your ship there! If you can spare the time I would love to hear how you find the food, service, entertainment.....Anything!!!

• Like 1

If you are going on one of these cruises, you might want to take a screenshot of https://www.celebritycruises.com/gb/captains-club/exclusive-offers/bonus-points which promises double club points.

Looking at other pages the wording is different and most of these cruises are excluded. But on this page they are included. 

The offer might change on all pages when the new September cruises are released next Thursday. 

If you do not get double points, you can then send them the screenshot, especially if the offer page has gone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, downsmead said:

I’d done that with the previous offer which expired June 30th. Trusting lot aren’t we 😂.

We've all experienced the joys of Celebrity/Royal Caribbean IT before, if it could go wrong it normally does

14 hours ago, American_in_York said:

I was going to show them my old passport with my 'indefinite leave to remain' from 2003. I would think this covers the residency issue but you never know these days. 

I may be wrong, but I don't think they are asking for your right of residence in the UK, they are asking for proof that you actually are currently living in the UK. So they need something like a bank statement, utility bill, council tax bill, mobile phone bill etc. 

Hi to anybody who was on the cruise that has just finished.  I hope you had a fantastic cruise and really enjoyed it.

Can you tell me what time the ship docked last night as I was looking at it on Ship Finder and it looked as though it was going to dock at about 1:30? This will be a bit disappointing to me if that was the case, as I was hoping to get up early and watch the cruise down Southampton water but 1:30 is a bit too early, and a bit too late for me. 
We are on the 23rd sailing. 
Or maybe some of the people staying in the hotel may have seen or heard her come in?

Tim

Sorry to raise another testing question but I know some of you have become experts over the last few weeks.

With our Ireland/Iceland cruise cancelled we are thinking of taking one of the new September Seacations when they are released. As we have holiday from work booked and dog care booked we were looking at using up both the weeks and saw a 4 night Princess Cruise which we could take before Celeb.

So this would dock on the Friday morning if we then got Fit to Fly 4hr PCR test is that suitable for Celeb purposes?

2 hours ago, TimWB said:

Hi to anybody who was on the cruise that has just finished.  I hope you had a fantastic cruise and really enjoyed it.

Can you tell me what time the ship docked last night as I was looking at it on Ship Finder and it looked as though it was going to dock at about 1:30? This will be a bit disappointing to me if that was the case, as I was hoping to get up early and watch the cruise down Southampton water but 1:30 is a bit too early, and a bit too late for me. 
We are on the 23rd sailing. 
Or maybe some of the people staying in the hotel may have seen or heard her come in?

Tim

According to the tracking on Marine Traffic, she docked at just before 5am. Still quite early to watch the sail in!