Luggage tags for Platinum no longer say Priority ?

phoneman69

7 minutes ago, pe4all said:

I just checked again, and can't even find my cruise docs/luggage tags online.  The only things I can do "before my cruise" is 1. pay balance (not due till Oct.). 2. complete health form (can't do yet). 3.  online check in (can't do yet) and 4. complete guest names (done).  Have no idea where the "print cruise docs/luggage tags" went to.  Anyone?

My 'print docs/luggage tag' button is gone for me too. It was there last night when I checked. I wish now I would have printed it. DOH!

It has changed since this morning when I looked.  My print documents is gone from both cruises now. At least I had saved mine in iBooks.  Maybe the option to print documents will return soon.

On 5/30/2021 at 4:26 PM, sailingships said:

Mine is still July 15 for my Aug 14 MG cruise..

If you are using the Carnival app on a mobile device/tablet, you will see the text notice regarding 90 advance days as well as a date . . . but they do not properly align.  Carnival advised it was a glitch being worked on (and we know about those priorities).  

Yup. Same here. I checked this afternoon. Still nothing. No print docs anywhere.  I just cannot understand why they would stop that option. It's always been there before this month. Or the end of May. Makes me scratch my head and go hmmmmmmm.....

25 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

I check every day and still do not have the option to print.  My check in date is still August 7th for my August 21st cruise.

Yup. Same here Exactly. Aug. 7 check in, Aug21 departure. Are you on the Vista cruise by any chance? If so, I'd love to buy you a FunShip Special! 🍹

• Like 1

Just now, Joe817 said:

Yup. Same here Exactly. Aug. 7 check in, Aug21 departure. Are you on the Vista cruise by any chance? If so, I'd love to buy you a FunShip Special! 🍹

Actually, I am on the Mardi Gras!  We can have a virtual toast with our drinks as our ships sail away.🍹

I think we are going to sail one way or another, vaccinated or not.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TNcruising02 said:

Actually, I am on the Mardi Gras!  We can have a virtual toast with our drinks as our ships sail away.🍹

On sail away, I will give you a virtual toast!  You lucky dog you! I'm green with envy! 🤢

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

I check every day and still do not have the option to print.  My check in date is still August 7th for my August 21st cruise.

Yes seems like 2 weeks out is the new check in time. So everyone up till midnight to trying to get the early check in time. Crazy 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

Me too, that multi-story-windowed atrium looks awesome!

Yes it does! Everything about the Mardi Gras looks amazing.  We have a balcony cabin on the lido deck, so very easy access to the top deck areas. 

• Like 1

It is still possible to view the print documents screen for your cruise. 

1. Login to your Carnival.com account.

2. Enter the following on the command line in your browser:

https://www.carnival.com/booked/document?BookingNumber=ABC123&IsPrintLuggageTagsSelected=true&IsPrintPassFlightSelected=false&IsPrintCruiseInfoSelected=true

3. Edit the line shown above by replacing the ABC123 in the example with your booking number. Must use capitals for the letters, and a round character is a zero not the 16th letter of the alphabet. Don't add any spaces or change any character in the line.

4. Push enter. There will be no drum roll, but The documents will appear.

5. You're Welcome!

• Like 1

On 5/29/2021 at 12:53 PM, phoneman69 said:

No matter what JH say's loosing priority boarding as a perk will be a dam shame even if it is only temporary

Besides the roped off line at guest services, it's the only perk worth anything.

• Like 1

On 5/31/2021 at 9:47 AM, phoneman69 said:

I believe we are all in agreement that we are awaiting a return to cruising under most any condition. I just believe those that have earned a benefit should receive it. Why sell FTTF if your not taking care of those that have sailed at least 100 days ? 

If I lose my priority embarkation and a single FTTF person gets on board before me, I will be more vocal than those unvaccinated that have caused more than one thread on cc to be locked.   Priority embarkation is the most important perk that I have earned over the past 35 years cruising on Carnival.   I realize that sacrifices need to be made, but at the very least, Diamonds and Plats should get a head start regarding the time slots for embarkation between the time that cruising resumes and November 1.

• Like 3

On 6/2/2021 at 3:33 AM, BoozinCroozin said:

I think people are confusing loyalty, VIFP status, and the current situation separately. Unfortunately, they are all intertwined, at least for the short-term. I am making the assumption that they take the perk away temporarily. 

Lets be honest and take any sort of VIFP level out of the equation because it is an emotional position and has absolutely nothing to do with CCL. CCL is a publicly traded company and their ONLY obligation as such is to its shareholders to bring value to their investment. I cannot think of any other business that has been shut down for 15+ months and survived.

So, what is a publicly company obligated to do?

1. Generate revenue and profit. Unfortunately, that VIFP level you have is meaningless to the Finance organization to make the P&L look as best it can over the next 12 months. Yes, any little hiccup is temporary.
  2. Determine how many Super Diamond whatever level people are their customers compared to the overall customers purchasing cruises. Percentage wise, I think it is small. Of that small percentage how many are really going to give up that status and start over with another cruise line? That number will be drastically smaller.
  3. How do we increase revenue regardless of status? Charge for that Priority Boarding that people are asking for. Yes, it use to be free but the actuaries and finance teams have found there is far more demand to pay for it rather than giving it away. The same goes for drinks. That drink that use to be $10.95 is not $12.95 or $15.95. Regardless of what it is, people are going to pay for it. It is that simple. 
  4. The cruise lines have done the analysis on the average age of the Super Diamond Give Me Everything group. I don't have the statistics, but I am willing to bet that the average age puts them all in the most at risk age group for bad publicity if something happens on the ship be it covid, rhinovirus, or something else. I think the health screenings are not some 1-minute quick test and be done. I think the are going to be longer from the start and regress as cruising takes hold.

Believe me, if they looked at taking a perk away from the VIFP Diamond I have been on 10,000 cruises people, they have run the numbers on an acceptable number they are willing to lose. When that small number sees what it will take to do the same on another cruise line, they will make the choice not to and accept the temporary change.

But the fly in the ointment with your assessment is that in general, the perks that Carnival provides are an absolute joke compared with other lines like RCI.  If Carnival gave some perks like RCI does, then maybe I would not have taken the blinders off years ago and found out that the grass is sometimes greener elsewhere. There is a reason that a certain group of cruisers are called Loyal Royals, because RCI takes care of them with perks that the Carnival platinum status cruiser can only dream of.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TNcruising02 said:

I hope you're on the inaugural. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

If I lose my priority embarkation and a single FTTF person gets on board before me, I will be more vocal than those unvaccinated that have caused more than one thread on cc to be locked.   Priority embarkation is the most important perk that I have earned over the past 35 years cruising on Carnival.   I realize that sacrifices need to be made, but at the very least, Diamonds and Plats should get a head start regarding the time slots for embarkation between the time that cruising resumes and November 1.

I quite agree with you as a Platinum member i would really hate to see a person who bought FTTF board ahead of me.  Why continue to show loyalty ?

• Like 1

UPDATE:  So, we cruise hopefully, out of Baltimore with 2 other rooms of family members in October.  We are diamond they are not, so we had them book faster to the fun and was planning on just boarding with them.  I too saw the priority had gone away off our luggage tags here in the last week and was contemplating do we need to try to get faster to the fun???  Just trying to keep everyone together as we have newbies and also elderly that need the extra direction from us.

GOOD news is, while the print option is gone, someone has graciously posted a link you can use to go see your docs and I went in theirs first and saw the faster to fun showing up on their luggage tags.  Kind of pissed me off thinking they still show faster to the fun, but our priority was gone.  BUT I went and looked at ours and it says PRIORTY!

HOWEVER:  Our Labor Day Cruise on the Mardis Gras don't show the priority and neither does our November cruise on the Freedom, So who the $^&$@! knows what is goin on.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Moviela said:

https://www.carnival.com/booked/document?BookingNumber=ABC123&IsPrintLuggageTagsSelected=true&IsPrintPassFlightSelected=false&IsPrintCruiseInfoSelected=true

3. Edit the line shown above by replacing the ABC123 in the example with your booking number. Must use capitals for the letters, and a round character is a zero not the 16th letter of the alphabet. Don't add any spaces or change any character in the line.

5. You're Welcome!

That worked!  Thanks.  It does show platinum, but the word priority is not on any of the pages.  The document has today's date.

Edited by TNcruising02

4 hours ago, phoneman69 said:

I quite agree with you as a Platinum member i would really hate to see a person who bought FTTF board ahead of me.  Why continue to show loyalty ?

Oh stop it. Carnival delivers the best bang for your buck, that's why you sail with them. It's not because you get to get on the ship first. Give me a break. 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Moviela said:

5. You're Welcome!

Thanks so much for this!  I was mostly wondering if the fine print had changed at all ... looks like there have been two sections added since I looked at them about a month ago.  Not much in them though:

Have Fun. Be Safe. Our protocols and procedures will be designed to maximize the health and safety of our guests and crew while delivering a fun and memorable vacation experience. Please visit COVID-19 Legal Notices for more information. 

CHECK-IN AND ARRIVAL APPOINTMENT Please arrive promptly, within your Arrival Appointment to reduce your wait time in line. All guests must be onboard for Final Boarding time or they will not be permitted to sail.