The Daily for Sunday May 30, 2021

richwmn

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Thank goodness all the yard duties are finished for the day.  It seems like all I do is bend over while working out there!

While I was bent over I took a photo of each of the two types of flowers blooming in the front yard.  Here is one of the gardenias.enhance

And here is one of the daylilies that I have out front.  I wish whoever picked the plants for this house (builder's landscaper) had chosen one that blooms all summer.  These bloom one week out of the year.  They are scrawny little things too.  I do like the color however.  I just envy the rest of the neighbors who have Stella D'oro blooming prolifically all summer.  enhance

I think this one was still opening.  You can see the horrible pine straw mulch they use in our area.  It's so ugly and when you pick a weed out of the bed of straw you end up with pine straw in your fingers and have to untangle the weed from the straw.  Makes extra work!  

Okay, I'm finished complaining.  Carry on.🌺

Lovey - especially the gardenia 🙂 

• Like 4

Happy Sunday afternoon to the readers of the thread. Thanks to everyone who adds to it each day. Prayers for those on the Care List, and cheers to those on the Celebration List. Happy Birthday wishes to @baltic17 and @kazu.

We have a lovely day here in SW Ontario after a couple of cold ones. It's busy at the house, since DS and his family have decided that it is best for everyone to move in here for the 10 days of the current renos because of the dust and minor paint smells (even with low VOC paint) affecting the whole family. They are hoping to be home by next weekend to live through the next rounds.....windows, blinds and opening the pool  (I definitely do not miss that one!) They have decided to order take out for dinner, so it is nice not to have to figure that out today.

DD 27 who lives with us was able to get her first dose (Moderna) yesterday. She is doing well, with only the sore arm so far. Life is good.

Blessings to all. Be well! Be kind.

• Like 19

1 hour ago, Vict0riann said:

After out "walkabout" in Sao Paolo, we got back on the van to visit another part of town which was their "graffiti village"; every building was decorated, head to toe, with street art.

P1060745.thumb.JPG.6bac741bc9ebafa33388a32bb4a1b915.JPG

Ann, love this pic!

• Like 8

We've had lots of photos of Santos but I'll add a few more.  On my tour the first stop was the City Aquarium where we had Magellanic Penguins. 

magellanic.jpg

Here's the Praia, the walk along the ocean front:

praiadesantos.jpg

And the trading floor at the coffee museum:

tradefloor.jpg

Roy

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

Good day everyone!

Hello neighbors!  Some of us are closer then others!  I have had some good neighbors and some so so neighbors.  We live on three acres (the last portion of my Grandparents farm) so no real close neighbors.  On one side the neighbor is a church, they are good neighbors though, they had a youth BBQ and games yesterday with music at a reasonable level but at 9:15pm they shut everything down and cleaned up and left quietly!  Will definitely water flowers today most of my plants are in containers, easier to take care of.  Planted a few strawberries in an old leaky water trough yesterday, good recycle!

Will be a quiet Memorial Day here for us, I visited with Dad this am while his wife and her daughter went and placed flowers on the graves.  Dad used to do this and he just can't physically go so we assured him it will be done.

Have a good day everyone.

Denise

• Like 19

Hello all.  So glad to find The Daily on my return to CC after an extended absence.  It was too depressing to talk about cruising when the future cruise dates were so uncertain. 

Hot buttered rum is my go-to when I have trouble falling asleep.

Beautiful, chilly blue and gold day here and still too wet to garden.  Wishing you all good/better health and a good holiday tomorrow.

• Like 14

The other day I posted a photo of the first radishes from my garden. I also posted it on another site and a friend there suggested that I grow enough to sell them to the Radisshon hotel. I don't actually like radishes all that much; I plant them only to get something early in the season that will be done in time to plant bush beans in the same place.

No harvest today. There was a lull in the rain this morning while I was teaching but rain has resumed.

No pictures of Brazil to contribute. The wine of the day here is once again Pinot Noir, but from California in a box. Dinner will be vegan sausage with rice and whatever vegetable I can come up with.

• Like 13

30 minutes ago, the2ofus said:

Hello all.  So glad to find The Daily on my return to CC after an extended absence.  It was too depressing to talk about cruising when the future cruise dates were so uncertain. 

Beautiful, chilly blue and gold day here and still too wet to garden.  Wishing you all good/better health and a good holiday tomorrow.

Welcome back to Cruise Critic and welcome to the Daily.

Roy

• Like 7

Lots of watering here.  No rain in 2 weeks, and non in the forecast until Thursday. It is cool, but as our A/C quit and we are waiting for a part to try (may need to be replaced) we appreciate the cooler weather.

@kazu  and @baltic17  Happy Birthday!

Thanks Jacqui for all you do for this site.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, kazu said:

I have this rule that says I shouldn’t have to cook on my birthday 😉 

Somehow this slipped right on by this morning....as they say, none are so blind as those who will not see!

Happy Birthday! Hope you had a great you day.

• Like 11

51 minutes ago, kochleffel said:

I don't actually like radishes all that much; I plant them only to get something early in the season that will be done in time to plant bush beans in the same place.

Send them to me!  I love radishes.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, the2ofus said:

Welcome to the Daily, the friendliest place on CC.

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

It appears there will be a daytime sailaway from Ft. Lauderdale tonight.  Celebrity Silhouette followed pretty closely by Celebrity Edge.

https://www.portevergladeswebcam.com/

Roy

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

Yippie!!!!

Happy Dance

How appropriate! Decided to take a break and check out how my CC family is doing and so excited with FLL! 
We have it on out on the patio while everyone is cooking and enjoying the day! David and I feel like it is a mini SAILAWAY that we have so missed! Do you know when they will be leaving?

Denise😊

• Like 9

Just now, DeeniEncinitas said:

Roy, are those crew members most likely in the cabins on the balcony?

I assume so.  Not a full crew but probably ramping up gradually.  The other Blue Hulled Ugly will be sailing with PAX in less than a month.

Roy

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

I assume so.  Not a full crew but probably ramping up gradually.  The other Blue Hulled Ugly will be sailing with PAX in less than a month.

Roy

😂I hear you Roy! This ship to me is like a tanker!! I really don’t care for the design! Also I miss our BHB’S! Soon Roy!

Will have great sailaways soon!

Thanks again Roy! Have a nice Memorial Day tomorrow .

Denise😊

PS wish those were passengers we are looking at! Just happy to see the crew and movement 👍

• Like 8

Toots!  and the other one coming.  I'm an oddball but am going to hang around for the ferry from Bimini arriving.  It will be semi-coordinated with Crystal Serenity cruises from there this summer.

Roy

• Like 9

1 minute ago, rafinmd said:

Toots!  and the other one coming.  I'm an oddball but am going to hang around for the ferry from Bimini arriving.  It will be semi-coordinated with Crystal Serenity cruises from there this summer.

Roy

Sorry back again! Is the ferry on cruise mapper? Is it heading into port after the Edge? Will leave this on! Everyone is enjoying it

• Like 6

1 minute ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Sorry back again! Is the ferry on cruise mapper? Is it heading into port after the Edge? Will leave this on! Everyone is enjoying it

Not on cruise mapper but is on Marine Traffic.  It's a high speed catamaran and is in yellow on the map at the bottom of the PTZ web page.  Jaume II.

Roy

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Just now, rafinmd said:

Not on cruise mapper but is on Marine Traffic.  It's a high speed catamaran and is in yellow on the map at the bottom of the PTZ web page.  Jaume II.

Roy

David found it👍Thanks Roy! I am getting alittle emotional just watching this! Silly me!

great shots of the Edge heading out!

• Like 6