The Daily for Sunday May 30, 2021

richwmn

I am very late posting today. After church I stopped to get new filters for the A/C then changed the filters when I got home. I am embarrased to say how much dust and cat fur had built up in my old filters.  This minor activity left me dizzy from looking down and coughing with shortness of breathe from all the dust. I should learn to have my housecleaning people do this chore for me.

To all of you living in states with lots of rain; please, please send some to Arizona and other parts of the great southwest. As much as I hate the cold and wet we need it desperately.

Thank you to all who posted photos of our port of the day. I have not been anywhere on the eastern coast of South America. Loved all the grafittied houses.

Jacqui, first let me say Happy Birthday, then thank you for posting the care list. I feel it might be time to remove Kakalena from the list as she has made her decision for pallative care only and is at peace with it. When there is a change in her condition, with her permission, I will let all of you know.

Jane

Edited by lazey1
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Roy watching the. balearia come in just like the one in Barcelona!!! Love it ! Wow  nice ending to a great beginning!

Thanks my friend!

Denise😊

They don't usually do that.  It usually just passes through the camera field.  Someone must have alerted them there would be people standing outside.

Roy

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, the2ofus said:

Hello all.  So glad to find The Daily on my return to CC after an extended absence.  It was too depressing to talk about cruising when the future cruise dates were so uncertain. 

Hot buttered rum is my go-to when I have trouble falling asleep.

Beautiful, chilly blue and gold day here and still too wet to garden.  Wishing you all good/better health and a good holiday tomorrow.

Welcome to the Daily, Jane 🙂 

it’s a great place to be in these times pre-cruising.

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, lazey1 said:

. I feel it might be time to remove Kakalena from the list as she has made her decision for pallative care only and is at peace with it. When there is a change in her condition, with her permission, I will let all of you know

I will do so if you wish.  Personally I think she needs our prayers and would like to keep her on. But I will respect your wishes and she will remain in my prayers.

• Like 11

Thanks for all the daily information and photos.

Wishing @kazu and @baltic17  a very Happy Birthday.

Still raining here, nearer  to Christchurch people have been evacuated from their homes due to flooding,and some highways are closed.

We are lucky that we have always  had very good neighbours.

Take care everyone.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, erewhon said:

Thanks for all the daily information and photos.

Wishing @kazu and @baltic17  a very Happy Birthday.

Still raining here, nearer  to Christchurch people have been evacuated from their homes due to flooding,and some highways are closed.

We are lucky that we have always  had very good neighbours.

Take care everyone.

Thank you but oh my heaves so sorry to hear about the evacuation in Christchurch.  I remember that spot with such fond memories.  Heartbreaking to hear.  Stay safe, please.

• Like 6