RCCL One Meter Monitors

5 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Yes we wore Masks on the plane but don't see wearing one on my Cruises this Fall and if not by then by Spring Vaccine Requirement to sail will be History. Definitely no Meter Monitors

How do we know that Royal does not intend to maintain these masks and monitor forever even after the CDC says they are no longer required? This is Royal's decision not the CDC's Royal must think they can make it work? And if it works now then surely it always will?

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

How do we know that Royal does not intend to maintain these masks and monitor forever even after the CDC says they are no longer required? This is Royal's decision not the CDC's Royal must think they can make it work? And if it works now then surely it always will?

Not going happen. Disease is dying out like other Pandemics. This is due to Vaccines and Natural Immunity, Herd Immunity is in site. May different where you are at but almost everything has opened back up here in US, without Masks, without Distancing

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 2

Hey, Ace, if the cruise lines are as lax in enforcing things like drugs as you've said before, in an open forum, why do you think they will suddenly become strict about this?  Get your conspiracies straight.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Not going happen. Disease is dying out like other Pandemics. This due to Vaccines and Natural Immunity, Herd Immunity is in site. May different where you are at but almost everything has opened back up here in US, without Masks, without Distancing

As maybe but in NO OTHER SETTING that I can think off apart from a CRUISE SHIP are 6500 people together for 7 or 14 days in a 1188ft long 30 ft wide bubble. Colds, Flu and Covid will go round like wildfire.

Oh and on planes they are keeping the masks till at least Sept 15th and there are calls for that to be forever as well to protect the staff.

3 minutes ago, chengkp75 said:

Hey, Ace, if the cruise lines are as lax in enforcing things like drugs as you've said before, in an open forum, why do you think they will suddenly become strict about this?  Get your conspiracies straight.

Why enforce it all it? Don't answer that question I already know the answer but the point is NCL on their larger more child/young friendly ships are going 100% vaccinated. Why is Royal being different? The brands are very similar in many respect okay a couple of differences in activities maybe but not many.

And it is a fact that they are lax in enforcing not just because I have said but because it is.  Look at those girls on the Sea Princess they had suitcase full of coke in the cabin 21 million Australian Dollars worth 95 kilograms which they got onboard the ship in Canada or UK wasn't it because security completely missed it when they what x-rayed the case or didn't x-ray the case? No way they walked onboard with 95 kilos strapped to their bodies.

24 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

As maybe but in NO OTHER SETTING that I can think off apart from a CRUISE SHIP are 6500 people together for 7 or 14 days in a 1188ft long 30 ft wide bubble. Colds, Flu and Covid will go round like wildfire.

Oh and on planes they are keeping the masks till at least Sept 15th and there are calls for that to be forever as well to protect the staff.

Forever? By who? Dreaming. Been about 5 months since first read CDC that 85% those that got Covid wore Masks all or most the time. As I've said since last year longer the shutdown less likely Masks will be required. Also been shown more likely get Covid in a crowded Terminal then on most Planes. Filters and Air exchange is every 3 minutes. 

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

And it is a fact that they are lax in enforcing not just because I have said but because it is.  Look at those girls on the Sea Princess they had suitcase full of coke in the cabin 21 million Australian Dollars worth 95 kilograms which they got onboard the ship in Canada or UK

As usual, you have completely misunderstood how a cruise ship works.  Baggage is screened by port security personnel, not cruise line employees, so if it came onboard when they boarded in the UK, then it was Securicor or another security firm in the UK that failed.  It's pretty amazing how you consistently misrepresent facts to try to justify your wild ideas.  Cruise terminal security is the responsibility of the nation's customs and drug enforcement agencies in the country involved, not the ship.  Cruise ship employees have no jurisdiction on shore, and cruise lines don't hire the port security staff.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Forever? By who? Dreaming. Been about 5 months since first read CDC that 85% those that got Covid wore Masks all or most the time. As I've said since last year longer the shutdown less likely Masks will be required. 

Does Pete Buttigieg want to keep them forever. I think he does doesn't he? He thinks staff shouldn't get sick and he has got a point.

3 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

Does Pete Buttigieg want to keep them forever. I think he does doesn't he? He thinks staff shouldn't get sick and he has got a point.

Once again you take a current situation and extend it without justification to "forever" to feed your feverish concerns.  Does he want masks to continue in public transportation for the time being, but I have not seen anything attributed to him where he says that masks will be required "forever".

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, chengkp75 said:

As usual, you have completely misunderstood how a cruise ship works.  Baggage is screened by port security personnel, not cruise line employees, so if it came onboard when they boarded in the UK, then it was Securicor or another security firm in the UK that failed.  It's pretty amazing how you consistently misrepresent facts to try to justify your wild ideas.  Cruise terminal security is the responsibility of the nation's customs and drug enforcement agencies in the country involved, not the ship.  Cruise ship employees have no jurisdiction on shore, and cruise lines don't hire the port security staff.

Probably G4S to be fair 🤣  How the hell did they miss 95 kilos if you google sea princess drug smuggling you will see a picture of the seizure. They must not have x-rayed or visually inspected the case?

Just been on google. The freedom of the seas has had smuggling a couple of times including crew members in 2016. The smaller stuff gets onboard though.

Edited by ace2542

2 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

They must not have x-rayed or visually inspected the case?

That would all depend on the Southampton ISPS code (International Ship and Port Security).  Each nation, and each port can develop their own security protocols, which may include only screening a portion of the baggage.

25 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

Not that he has any control over it anyway. He said respect the Temp Order that he didnt make

Edited by ONECRUISER

11 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Not that he has any control over it anyway. He said respect the Temp Order that he didnt make

Do you think the land and sea orders will be connected up? Will the land order be extended to marry up with the CSO do you think or will the CSO be rolled back to Sept 15th?

31 minutes ago, chengkp75 said:

Once again you take a current situation and extend it without justification to "forever" to feed your feverish concerns.  Does he want masks to continue in public transportation for the time being, but I have not seen anything attributed to him where he says that masks will be required "forever".

I think the U.S will reach so called herd immunity by end of June the figure is already at 50% plus fully vaccinated isn't it? Although it has been said that the R number will always be above 1 despite 100% vaccination which will never happen.

55 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

Do you think the land and sea orders will be connected up? Will the land order be extended to marry up with the CSO do you think or will the CSO be rolled back to Sept 15th?

One really has nothing to do with the other. Doubt the Presidents Executive Order will end exactly on that day or the CSO.  Neither will go the distance. Had different President knowing him the EO either wouldnt have happened or would have been canceled by now. Cases here down 95% from Peak, as said with Vaccines and Natural Immunity we are closing on Herd Immunity

59 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

I think the U.S will reach so called herd immunity by end of June the figure is already at 50% plus fully vaccinated isn't it? Although it has been said that the R number will always be above 1 despite 100% vaccination which will never happen.

Here they estimate 40+ percent of Unvax could already have Natural Immunity, so when people count just Vaccinated they are under counting

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Here they estimate 40+ percent of Unvax could already have Natural Immunity, so when people count just Vaccinated they are under counting

But the R number will always be above 1 meaning the virus can replicate according to what the UK Government and I think we will be wearing masks forever in the UK to prevent the NHS from suffering from the winter flu season if nothing else.

9 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

One really has nothing to do with the other. Doubt the Presidents Executive Order will end exactly on that day or the CSO.  Neither will go the distance. Had different President knowing him the EO either wouldnt have happened or would have been canceled by now. Cases here down 95% from Peak, as said with Vaccines and Natural Immunity we are closing on Herd Immunity

The vaccinated numbers will increase sharply when the younger people have to get it for college. What are they going to do? Not go to college?