RCCL One Meter Monitors

Just now, Yorkvillain said:

Like usual, you completely missed the point of the post. 

If you are hiring a distance monitor/mask monitor for 8 months (lets say the contract is 8 months) then surely by extension of that contract it is the intention to keep the mask distance et al policy for a period of 8 months?

And no I didn't it got the laugh response.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

Might see if we can transfer to Cunard for the second league of 3 ship package. Cunard is first 2. They will be fully vaccinated with probably no kids under 12 so probably none of this. Or just lose the money and never cruise again.

I Hope you and yours do cruise again.Maybe not on RCCL at this time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

If you are hiring a distance monitor/mask monitor for 8 months (lets say the contract is 8 months) then surely by extension of that contract it is the intention to keep the mask distance et al policy for a period of 8 months?

And no I didn't it got the laugh response.

There's a lot of jobs one can do on a cruise ship. Notice the wash-your-hands monitor at the Windjammer? Or those folks stationed at hand sanitizer locations at various venues? It's not like they can't change the duties of someone based on needs.

Edited by dswallow
  • Like 8

In all seriousness, I think even the most patient of cruisers will grow quite annoyed with this.  Elevator capacity will be severely limited resulting in most using the stairs which you guessed it,  these people on every landing controlling how many are on the stairs. It will take you an hour to get back to your cabin.  Standing in front of every shop,  bar and restaurant limiting capacity. Telling you to move along if you stop too close to someone else to look at something or talk to someone. They are setting the stage for what many are going to regret doing,  getting back on a cruise ship to early. The negative reviews and complaints will be off the charts,  mark my words. 

Edited by Blauelini
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, forgotmyCCname said:

I think RCG is just floating a balloon.

The simple fact that a meter is not six feet is a clue...

Oh, lovely Rita meter maid
Where would I be without you
Give us a wink and make me think of you
Lovely meter maid, Rita meter maid
Oh Lovely Rita meter meter maid

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Junkhouse said:

Its uncanny the resemblance to AOC!

And speaking of Disney, we were walking along the canal that connects EPCOT and Disney studios.  We saw one person and we were at least 30 feet from him.  He started yelling and screaming at us for not having our masks on.  There were no other people within 100 yards of us.  These One Meter Monitors will be yelling constantly on a ship.  Oh what fun....

I guess all those monitors at WDW are out of work. Masks nearly gone, and the distancing markers on the ground have been removed. 

Edited by not-enough-cruising

29 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

I guess all those monitors at WDW are out of work. Masks nearly gone, and the distancing markers on the ground have been removed. 

I'm going to King's Island tomorrow - a huge amusement park just outside of Cincinnati.  No masks, except inside, ( I don't have a problem with that), and I imagine the distance markers are gone, but honestly people weren't paying attention to those back in October.

I missed almost a year of being with my grandson and I'm enjoying every minute of life since I've been vaccinated.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, forgotmyCCname said:

I think RCG is just floating a balloon.

The simple fact that a meter is not six feet is a clue...

Maybe the meter/6ft BS is because the WHO usually says 1 meter social distancing and the CDC usually says 6 feet.  As you might recall this led to some confusion early in the pandemic.  If you want to know how they arrived at these specific distances, well you will have to hire a proctologist with a flashlight to show you from where they were pulled.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Blauelini said:

RCCL is hiring people called One Meter Monitors. They will constantly walk around enforcing the mandatory mask and social distancing policy. Saw an add from Royal Caribbean Group for them on social media today. Its a new new job posting at RCCL. So even though all adults will be vaxxed, it does not matter.

Sounds like RCCL mgt is doing everything they can to make sure we have a fun vacation...not.

If that’s the case then I’m canceling my October cruise. 😩Good thing I always book refundable.

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Blauelini said:

In all seriousness, I think even the most patient of cruisers will grow quite annoyed with this.  Elevator capacity will be severely limited resulting in most using the stairs which you guessed it,  these people on every landing controlling how many are on the stairs. It will take you an hour to get back to your cabin.  Standing in front of every shop,  bar and restaurant limiting capacity. Telling you to move along if you stop too close to someone else to look at something or talk to someone. They are setting the stage for what many are going to regret doing,  getting back on a cruise ship to early. The negative reviews and complaints will be off the charts,  mark my words. 

The ship will like be a prison I can think of nothing worse.

I recall reading on other cruise lines such as MSC that has been sailing since last July or August and possibly the Quantum sailings out of Singapore they have "covid ambassadors" that monitor social distancing of guests.    But those sailings do not have requirement for vaccination.     

16 hours ago, mek said:

As I have previously mentioned - I will go on my November Oasis cruise if it sails and because I have a balcony, I will be able to have a nice relaxing vacation regardless of the protocols on board; however, if Royal continues to require masks, social distancing, etc. because they are allowing non vaccinated passengers to cruise, I will simply go off to another line.

One Meter Monitors sound like a great source of entertainment - watching them piss passengers off.

By the time we get to November this will all be pointless.  Everyone will be eligible for the vaccine and then it will be 100% required.  No mask and no social distancing.  It would be that way already if children under 12 were approved.   I suspect that their titles will be renamed from One meter monitors to chair hog monitors.

Edited by cscurlock

Ok, let's talk about the reality here.  I get they have to do a little show for the CDC but in practice....

The theme parks have been 6' (2m) for months but the guests are a different story.  I've seen guests reminded about face coverings but never, ever, not once asked to spread out.  American distancing, which is about 2-3ft anyway has been the norm since the holiday crowds.

35 minutes ago, cscurlock said:

By the time we get to November this will all be pointless.  Everyone will be eligible for the vaccine and then it will be 100% required.  No mask and no social distancing.  It would be that way already if children under 12 were approved.   I suspect that their titles will be renamed from One meter monitors to chair hog monitors.

It's been pointless for weeks now, since two weeks after the first unused vax appointment.  Or two weeks after the first bribe to get vax'd.  Everyone has has ample time to make their choice.

And yes!  Guests would be much happier with chair monitors.

16 hours ago, Junkhouse said:

Its uncanny the resemblance to AOC!

And speaking of Disney, we were walking along the canal that connects EPCOT and Disney studios.  We saw one person and we were at least 30 feet from him.  He started yelling and screaming at us for not having our masks on.  There were no other people within 100 yards of us.  These One Meter Monitors will be yelling constantly on a ship.  Oh what fun....

Good heavens.  I've walked that path many times when masks were required and compliance was 60% at most with the awkward mask-up approaching people.  

12 hours ago, mek said:

Oh, lovely Rita meter maid
Where would I be without you
Give us a wink and make me think of you
Lovely meter maid, Rita meter maid
Oh Lovely Rita meter meter maid

I've been singing this to my 3 basset hounds since I read your post. I substitute their names for Rita. 😃

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Blauelini said:

RCCL is hiring people called One Meter Monitors. They will constantly walk around enforcing the mandatory mask and social distancing policy. Saw an add from Royal Caribbean Group for them on social media today. Its a new new job posting at RCCL. So even though all adults will be vaxxed, it does not matter.

Sounds like RCCL mgt is doing everything they can to make sure we have a fun vacation...not.

We have no objection to wearing masks where required. We can have fun with or without it. Is it inconvenient, yes, but we see it as making lemonade with lemons.
If someone is not wearing one or does not want to, we have nothing good or bad to say to or for them. At the same time they should be respectful enough and not say someting to us wearing one or wanting to wear one!

If Royal or whoever requires masks and will monitor it, I think it is best to wait and book at a time when they do not?

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

I am standing on a distancing marker as you type. They are very much there.

I see some people are masked some are not....even in the same group or family. No one is pointing out or yelling at anyone to mask up or not, but inside the stores they do ask you to mask up if you aren't. I did see a man throwing a tantrum about it in one store but he was politely turned away. He pretended to whip out his cell phone to post this somewhere and took pictures and all the drama! I quite enjoyed watching this little piece of entertainment!

Capacity is controlled in some places and stores, not all.

So, although I do not observe every COVID restriction gone, it is slowly getting back to shedding most.

1 minute ago, Arzeena said:

I am standing on a distancing marker as you type. They are very much there.

I see some people are masked some are not....even in the same group or family. No one is pointing out or yelling at anyone to mask up or not, but inside the stores they do ask you to mask up if you aren't. I did see a man throwing a tantrum about it in one store but he was politely turned away. He pretended to whip out his cell phone to post this somewhere and took pictures and all the drama! I quite enjoyed watching this little piece of entertainment!

Capacity is controlled in some places and stores, not all.

So, although I do not observe every COVID restriction gone, it is slowly getting back to shedding most.

Interesting, WDW posted on their social media yesterday that social distancing markers at all ride lines were being removed. 
It’s just a matter of time, Universal has removed their mask policy completely now. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Interesting, WDW posted on their social media yesterday that social distancing markers at all ride lines were being removed. 
It’s just a matter of time, Universal has removed their mask policy completely now. 

Agree, distancing ending with Masking almost there seeing only about 10% wearing in Stores. Every day more Stores and now even Theaters doing away with Mask Requirement. Planes filling up every seat, with Lap Child added was on one yesterday over 100% seats filled. Yes we wore Masks on the plane but don't see wearing one on my Cruises this Fall and if not by then by Spring Vaccine Requirement to sail will be History. Definitely no Meter Monitors

Edited by ONECRUISER