RCCL One Meter Monitors

6 hours ago, ace2542 said:

But the R number will always be above 1 meaning the virus can replicate according to what the UK Government and I think we will be wearing masks forever in the UK to prevent the NHS from suffering from the winter flu season if nothing else.

That would be sad if so, long as decision's are not made Political one way or the other like is in US. Shoot here we didn't even have start wearing Masks to Fly until later in July2020, long after initial shutdowns. Then many the existing Mask Presidential Executive Order's only started in January. Looking at both sides, even though we had lowest Influenza Cases in US maybe ever more Kids Died from that then Covid last yr. There will be many studies in following years, did Masks help or not and how much with Homemade ones to N95, Distancing/how far, Shutdowns, Ventilation, which Vaccine, Vaccines to Natural Immunity or Both. Just walked out my first shopping trip w/o Mask 1hr ago. Was Nice!

Edited by ONECRUISER

1 minute ago, ONECRUISER said:

That would be sad if so, long as decision's are not made Political one way or the other like is in US

It would be political though because Labour would come out against just to get the votes.

• Like 1

On 6/1/2021 at 5:56 AM, ace2542 said:

But the R number will always be above 1 meaning the virus can replicate according to what the UK Government and I think we will be wearing masks forever in the UK to prevent the NHS from suffering from the winter flu season if nothing else.

If everybody gets the vaccine, the R0 number will be about 0.025, meaning any infection geometrically dies out.

On 5/31/2021 at 6:07 PM, ace2542 said:

As maybe but in NO OTHER SETTING that I can think off apart from a CRUISE SHIP are 6500 people together for 7 or 14 days in a 1188ft long 30 ft wide bubble. Colds, Flu and Covid will go round like wildfire.

Oh and on planes they are keeping the masks till at least Sept 15th and there are calls for that to be forever as well to protect the staff.

30 feet😱🤣🤣

On 6/1/2021 at 5:59 AM, ace2542 said:

The vaccinated numbers will increase sharply when the younger people have to get it for college. What are they going to do? Not go to college?

What college did you attend 😷

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/31/2021 at 4:52 AM, ace2542 said:

The ship will like be a prison I can think of nothing worse.

Well if you saw the vloggers vids of the first Adventure sailing is was a morgue. The only people on that cruise were TAs, Vloggers, and some very serious die hard cruisers. None of which would be considered the general public as each of them had a vested interest to be there under those conditions. The cruise could have been cheap, cheap, cheap and you couldn't pay me to be on that cruise. I cruise for pleasure. That cruise is not what most of us cruise for. Now they're adding protocal police to the payroll? Forget about it. I'll sit back, wait and watch until real crusing starts up again. Cause the product they're putting out now is not what I'd call a cruise vacation. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, UhOhQuarantined said:

Interesting, I guess the obstinate diaper chins can use their diapers for somewhere else then.

Keep teasing my Kids I use change their Diapers, in return they'll have Change mine in few years

3 hours ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

Well if you saw the vloggers vids of the first Adventure sailing is was a morgue. The only people on that cruise were TAs, Vloggers, and some very serious die hard cruisers. None of which would be considered the general public as each of them had a vested interest to be there under those conditions. The cruise could have been cheap, cheap, cheap and you couldn't pay me to be on that cruise. I cruise for pleasure. That cruise is not what most of us cruise for. Now they're adding protocal police to the payroll? Forget about it. I'll sit back, wait and watch until real crusing starts up again. Cause the product they're putting out now is not what I'd call a cruise vacation. 

100% disagree. The ship was representative of the general public. It was a great experience. It was by no way a morgue. You should have been there. For those of us who cruise 4-5 times a year, it was a wonderful cruise vacation. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

100% disagree. The ship was representative of the general public. It was a great experience. It was by no way a morgue. You should have been there. For those of us who cruise 4-5 times a year, it was a wonderful cruise vacation. 

I think he was implying you were dead @BirdTravels. if so, very nice typing skills. Unless you got better after returning to land.

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

Clearly we can't tell what you experienced, but for us in land, judging by the videos (not just yours), it did look rather to have a "not happening" vibe and the vloggers trying hard to "make it happen". It's like when you go to a party and you can tell the hosts put a lot of effort in organizing the shindig, and you stick around for an hour more out of pity than enjoyment...like that but in a cruise ship.

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, coldflame said:

Clearly we can't tell what you experienced, but for us in land, judging by the videos (not just yours), it did look rather to have a "not happening" vibe and the vloggers trying hard to "make it happen". It's like when you go to a party and you can tell the hosts put a lot of effort in organizing the shindig, and you stick around for an hour more out of pity than enjoyment...like that but in a cruise ship.

Low crowds, far less annoying/loud people, not having to make small talk with random people at breakfast lunch or dinner. Less of a party atmosphere and more of a chill vacation atmosphere. Sounds like my type of cruise. So  much in fact I’m on July 3. Hope, it is even less crowded than Birds.

I’m sure it will go down with deserted Vegas, deserted Hawaii, deserted Universal, and deserted Disneyworld as my best vacations ever. Pandemic traveling has been wonderful and I wish travel like this with low crowds would continue but alas this will probably be my last pandemic low crow trip.

Edited by wreckem2013
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, wreckem2013 said:

I’m sure it will go down with deserted Vegas, deserted Hawaii, deserted Universal, and deserted Disneyworld as my best vacations ever. Pandemic traveling has been wonderful and I wish travel like this with low crowds would continue but alas this will probably be my last pandemic low crow trip.

You can't compare with deserted Disney World/Sea World which we of course took plenty advantage of. Those places are quite literally unbearably overcrowded and rather unpleasant on normal times.  During the pandemic it was super nice to be able to ride more or less any ride (except news ones) with less than 10 minutes' queue.

A ship is completely different. While excessive crowds are annoying, there's what I call "critical mass" where there is a nice and festive atmosphere.

That having been said to each their own, and if quiet chill is what you seek, you might be in luck in July cruise 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Well like I said... like attracts like. You & the others I'm almost sure had a wonderful cruise. I don't doubt that. Based on your review and the vloggers vids, it was not a typical RCL cruise. It is what it is. And no matter how you or others attempt to package, it wasn't. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wreckem2013 said:

Low crowds, far less annoying/loud people, not having to make small talk with random people at breakfast lunch or dinner. Less of a party atmosphere and more of a chill vacation atmosphere. Sounds like my type of cruise. So  much in fact I’m on July 3. Hope, it is even less crowded than Birds.

What you describe is absolutely not a typical RCL cruise. Enjoy your cruise! 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

Well like I said... like attracts like. You & the others I'm almost sure had a wonderful cruise. I don't doubt that. Based on your review and the vloggers vids, it was not a typical RCL cruise. It is what it is. And no matter how you or others attempt to package, it wasn't. 

Yup. I am sure that after watching a couple of YouTube videos, you are a much better judge that those who were actually on the ship. And our experience in judging this cruise is based on being on a cruise on Royal and other lines every couple of months for several decades. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 6

6 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Yup. I am sure that after watching a couple of YouTube videos, you are a much better judge that those who were actually on the ship. 

Well I most definitely have a different perspective. That's a given. Not sure how or why you can not accept that. But bottomline, I really am glad that you had a wonderful cruise. It just isn't the type of cruise for me. And it's why we were not on the cruise as well. 

Edited by Goodtime Cruizin

8 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Yup. I am sure that after watching a couple of YouTube videos, you are a much better judge that those who were actually on the ship. And our experience in judging this cruise is based on being on a cruise on Royal and other lines every couple of months for several decades. 

Maybe you should have shown people in your pictures 😉

• Like 1

13 hours ago, wreckem2013 said:

You do realize cruises with no socialization required is a thing right?

https://www.traveller.com.au/cruising-on-cargo-ships-how-to-be-a-passenger-on-a-cargo-ship-gl9muk

14 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

You do realize cruises with no socialization required is a thing right?

https://www.traveller.com.au/cruising-on-cargo-ships-how-to-be-a-passenger-on-a-cargo-ship-gl9muk

This must be a generational thing, Socializing with random strangers is not anywhere on my list of what makes a good vacation. I suspect this(socializing with randos) is a uniquely American thing as well because the rest of the world thinks we are weird for our random talking to strangers when American tourists travel abroad.

• Like 2

On 6/23/2021 at 1:23 PM, Goodtime Cruizin said:

The ship will like be a prison I can think of nothing worse.

It still amazes the number of negative people on these boards.  And they don't want anyone ELSE to have fun either....different strokes for different folks.  If they want to be miserable, they are more than welcome to.  We're going to have a fantabulous cruise, people or no people. All we need are our cruise buds!  Views and Ques looked like they were having an absolute ball...prison??????  NOT

11 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

Enough for me, My pleasures may be too simple for you.😇

I would relish having a 1/3rd the people on board....

No offense, but maybe if we lived in Arkansas like yourself we would feel the same way. But whatever, enjoy your cruise when the times comes.