Fake vaccine cards

Thngs w/ society & covid protocals are changing so rapidly. 

Six months ago, people were complaining their government couldn't get them the vaccine. Today you can get free donuts, lottery tickets, and shots of alcohol just to get abbed. In another 6 months things will be drastically different again. 

With that. I'm out. Peace to all those vaxed and those not vaxed. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

If this is truly your concern and I have no reason to doubt you, then you really should not get on that ship just yet. It's still too early. Because vax or no vax, covid will get on that ship. 

As long as vaccines are required for most passengers, I think the risk of an outbreak is small and I’ll go. If vaccines are not required, I’ll wish best of luck to those that cruise while I wait to see how it goes. 

• Like 8

42 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

Do you not believe your vaccination is good enough to protect you? I do. It's why I got it. As a result, I have no worries going anywhere w/ vaxed or unvaxed people. In fact, tomorrow I'm going to attend a MLB baseball game w/ two people that are non vaxed. We'll sit next to one another for the full game and then do dinner as well. I have no fear of doing this. If you are still concened or worried about being around others that are non-vaxed after getting your vaccine, you should not get on a ship. Or go out to dinner... go to a ballgame, movie, or anywhere for that matter.  

Do you think that there are no breakthrough cases?  What are the symptoms like?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

Is someone trying to do this? Have you heard of this happening? Who? Link?

Or perhps you're just thinking that RCL is going to mandate the all passengers be vaccinated and therefore you assume your passion to board a ship must be the same levels of non vaxed folks to do the same and so you are just fanning the flames of that non vaxed folks are bad people and would actually try this? 

Honestly, I wish there weren’t bad people out there who would forge fake Covid vaccination cards. I personally don’t know anyone who would do that simply because everyone I know has been vaccinated. 

Having said that, I’m only going by the many comments I’m reading on these forums that there are people selling fake Covid vaccination cards. Isn’t that what this thread is all about? This is the thread about fake vaccination cards. Right? I’ve also seen these fake cards on the internet.

I’m wondering now if I misunderstood your question because that is all that is being discussed on this thread. Sorry if I misunderstood you. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

Has anyone ask you to prove you have been vaccinated? Restaurant? Gym? Salon? Theatre? Anywhere?

Heck no. DeSantis has banned all businesses from requiring proof of vaccination and I’m a Florida resident. I haven’t been out of state since this pandemic began. 

On 5/31/2021 at 9:12 PM, Rolla4fun said:

Hello all!

First of all I do NOT want to start a debate on getting/not getting the COVID-19 vaccine. Royal Caribbean is requiring everyone to be fully vaccinated to board their ships. I am wondering how the cruise lines are going to verify if the vaccine cards provided are legitimate since there is not currently a vaccine passport. Anyone can make or purchase “fake” vaccine cards these days. 

Who cares? Let them figure it out.  Move on and worry about more important stuff

• Like 1

On 6/1/2021 at 6:08 AM, Goodtime Cruizin said:

I think it's a sad world we live in if somone is required to even show a vaccine card.  I'll refuse to show mine as well. And I don't think I'll have to either. I've had my vaccine card for 12 weeks. I have been to many places, public & private and only Doctor has asked me if I was vaccinated.  I don't even carry it w/ me. This whole ordeal is being overblown big time. 

Faking a vaccine card is not a problem.  It's merely a symptom of a problem.  I'm not trying to use word spaghetti here, but focusing on a symptom is a distraction and is usually the default.  When one does a proper root cause analysis, there is a "5 Why" technique that is used.  It's actually hard which is why most people focus on the symptom.  I'll start:  People are faking a vaccine certificate to go on cruises.  Why?  Because Vaccine certificates are required to cruise now.  Why are vaccine certificates required to go on cruises? .....And so on.  Getting it right takes time, and when you think you have it right you circle back to the beginning and see if it makes sense.  It should take no more than 5 iterations.

Now - have fun with it!

1 hour ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

Once again, the mark was missed. "The whole ordeal is being overblown big time".... is in reference to Fake Vaccine Cards. To my knowlege and correct me if I'm wrong, fake Vaccine Cards to board a cruise ship has not been used or at least a maor problem. Further, there is no policy in place that would even make this a desirable choice at this point. But here we are posting in a thread that villifes non vaxed people & accusing them of using fake cards.  Yes... it is indeed all over blown. 

Well, let's face it. It won't be vaccinated people who attempt to use forged vaccine cards. So, who else can we accuse of purchasing these fake cards? From where I sit, I would put my money on those people who are not vaccinated. It is a sure bet and you can take that to the bank.

Edited by coffeebean
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, jtwind said:

Breakthrough infection of fully vaccinated people is a whopping 0.009%. Of those, most of them are asymptomatic. This is why I feel very protected with the Moderna vaccine.

Edited by coffeebean

7 hours ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

The only reason any provider of product and service can justify his/her refusal of service to me is their religous beliefs. Other reasons are simply... wrong.

I agree with you about the religion part, but I disagree with that being the only valid reason of refusal of service. I see no issue with an amusement park enforcing height limits, and I certainly don't see any problems with iFLY on Quantum ships enforcing weight limits.

There are several reasons why a business can reasonably deny service to someone that we will never be able to fully exhaust in a list, but the one in question here is safety. I think it's perfectly reasonable for a business to determine someone's level of risk regarding others' safety and weigh that in the decision to keep them employed or provide a service to them.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, coffeebean said:

Agree. The only people who are balking at having to show proof of vaccination are those people who have not been vaccinated. I, can not, for the life of me, understand why anyone who has been vaccinated would not be willing to show proof of that vaccination. Being vaccinated is everything to be proud about. Being vaccinated proves that you have done your part to stamp out this virus and prevent the virus from mutating and creating those pesky variants. That is something to be very proud of, not something to want to hide.

where exactly do you want to show your vaccine card?  In a supermarket with 18 year olds who could care less that you are?  I have been vaccinated for months and my card is locked in my safe with other things like my passport and birth certificate.  I have no idea why anyone would want to go about their day waving a vaccine card to show that they are vaccinated.  Do people carry their positive covid test to show they have antibodies?  I live in a state that was hit the hardest by covid and opened up last weekend to no masks for vaccinated people.  No one at the gym, the stores, the doctor offices asks me to show my vaccine card.  I did my part months ago with work and with getting vaccinated.  I would personally love to move on.  I feel no need to walk around with a vaccine card.  No one cares.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jtwind said:

Moot point. Vaccinated people will most likely not even noticed it. If they do get sick, it will be cold-like symptoms. It's time to move on from this pandemic.

For the record,  the Swine flu, also known as the H1N1 virus, is still with us. Does anyone care?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, coffeebean said:

Breakthrough infection of fully vaccinated people is a whopping 0.009%. Of those, most of them are asymptomatic. This is why I feel very protected with the Moderna vaccine.

I want this to be true.  Can you cite a reference?

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I thought this thread could use some good news.  If you have been vaccinated or not, the CDC is saying you no longer have to wear socks with sandals!

Do you want tics? Because that’s a good way to get ticks. Hope you’ve had your Lyme vaccination. 

On 6/1/2021 at 3:33 PM, firefly333 said:

I posted the same thing, but she is sure. Let her find out, telling her woukdnt change her mind. 

I agree there is no policy from rcl. It's like proving a negative. ..but why would rcl ask the cdc for approval to do mock cruises, wouldnt they do the same as celebrity and ask for approval of a vaccinatived cruise? Logic. 

Fain flat out said in his video a couple of weeks ago that because RCL was a family cruise line, there was the possibility that the amount of unvaccinated children under 12 will skew the numbers and they might not be able to meet the 95%. He went further and said that the ship, because of children, may be sailing at 93% or 94%. But 93% and 94% requires test cruises. So they are doing test cruises so they can accomodate unvaccinated children under 12.

To further read between the lines, he also said that they will allow medical and legitimate religious exemptions for adults, but then clarified to not worry, they would be careful not exceed the 95%. Why would he emphasize the 95% vaccinated if Royal Caribbean was not going to enforce it?

That said, things are in a constant state of flux and could change at any minute. I noticed that the FAQ question "Will I need a vaccination to cruise" used to say "For all US and Bahamian Ports" has now been amended to only include Seattle and the Bahamas.

So, who knows if vaccines will be required.  By a business perspective, they would be crazy not to require vaccines.  Their own survey showed that 85% of their customers would prefer a vaccinated cruise.  It would be a poor business decision to alienate 85% of their customers for the 15% of those scared of a vaccine.  And for most people, it is not because they are afraid of catching anything from the unvaxxed. It is because of the safety measures that would have to be included (masking) with a certain percentage of unvaxxed or the possibility of a cruise being shortened or missing ports if there is a case of covid-19 on board.

• Like 3

On 6/1/2021 at 2:48 PM, Goodtime Cruizin said:

I'm very curious as to if anyone has been requested to show proof of the Covid vaccination. 

If so, please post it up. Where & who requested it?

My work required us scan a copy of our vaccine cards and submit them to HR.  As did my daughter's work place.

At my work, if you do not send in a copy of your vaccine card, you have to sign a contract that you will abide by the stricter covid protocols for the unvaxxed. For instance, those that have a vaccination card on file do not have to quarantine after a vacation. Those that are not vaxxed, need to quarantine, unpaid, for 14 days after taking more than 3 days off consecutively as it is presumed to be a vacation and the person may have traveled. Basically, my work gets around actually requiring proof of vaccination by making it very, very difficult economically to work unvaccinated.  Long weekend and taking PTO? Now you have to take 14 days off unpaid.

Our local school district also just announced that all vaccine eligible students must present proof of vaccination to return in person in the fall.  Our district already offered online school pre-covid for the antivaxxers.  Now covid vaccination has been added to the list of required vaccines to attend in person school.  Medical exemptions verified by a doctor are accepted. Religious exemptions are not, they must go the online school route.

Edited by cured
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, zekekelso said:

If they catch Covid watching the game, they won’t cancel the rest of the game and quarantine everybody in the stadium.  Cruising is different. 

Though too early tell what ship will do, cases will most likely appear on ship even if 100% Vaccinated. Shutdown Cruise, possible depending number cases, Cruise length or location. Quarantine all not really needed. Even if Vaccines are required at start will end at some point. Been saying if since Dec, longer takes for Cruises start less likely Mask or Vaccine required, Masks of way out and we are now closing on Herd Immunity.

www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/fully...Most fully Vaccinated people with no COVID-like symptoms do not need to quarantine, be restricted from work, or be tested following an exposure to someone with suspected or confirmed COVID-19, as their risk of infection is low. However, they should still monitor for symptoms of COVID-19 for 14 days following an exposure.

11 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

I can't believe how many don't realize we changed the definition of "death" 'for covid that's inconsistent with every other way to judge a death of every other disease.

So how do the mass graves of India and other countries line up with your theory?  It is amazing that people think this is just a government scam in the US. Open your eyes and look at what is going on in the world.  Are India, Brazil and now Peru killing their citizens to help the US fabricate covid statistics?

This is a recent picture of Peru.  The amount of deaths are not normal so they can't just be a changed definition of death.

A worker digs a grave in the San Juan Bautista cemetery in Iquitos, Peru

Edited by cured
  • Like 6

10 hours ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

Fair question. I've tried to explain my position but there is so much nasty rhetoric that I guess it gets missed. First do know that I have a vaccination card. Pfizer to be exact and from CVS. I very proud that I got the vax as well. I did so at the need for my health as I'm one that seems to get a severe nasal & chest colds every year, multiple times and they linger as well. Having said that, I did not want to get the vax as I do feel the testing has been rushed through too  quickly. I suppose the need to rush it was important but I just did not want to be that 'guniea pig' guy. But with Covid attacking the lungs, I knew if I got covid, it would not be good. So I weighed the risks/rewards and decided when the opportunity presented itself I would vax up. I didn't get the two jabs as 'doing something for our country' or to 'go on a cruise', or whatever. I feel those reasons are wrong but it's their arms, their choices. I accept everyone's reasons for gertt the vax or not getting the vax. I'm who I am. I'm vaxed up for personal reasons. I feel like that if someone is offering a service or product to mankind in general, then I should not, and most will likely not prove I'm worthy to the provider of these services. I feel the process of seperating us as a people is bad enough as it is. The only reason any provider of product and service can justify his/her refusal of service to me is their religous beliefs. Other reasons are simply... wrong. 

I think there is a legitimate concern of those that do not want to be vaccinated. The fear factor was cranked up to a mega level to scare millions of people over covid. The fear fastor is now turning towards our fellow citizens and I do not like this or accept it. It's just wrong. I truly believe if we go down the path of vaxed and unvaxed classes of people, we'll all look back one day and be very ashamed of what we have done. So far there has not been a single place of business has requested proof of vaccination or services from me. Perhaps it's because I'm in Texas. I don't know. But I see that there are others that have been forced to get the vaccine to keep their employment, go to an office, etc. That is a shame. Prior to covid these same people were accepted, now they are not. 

I'm pretty sure I'll have some that'll attack me etc. for my thoughts but I don't care. I'm like them, vaxed up ready to cruise but just have a different way of looking at things. 

Having to show proof of vaccination has been around long before covid. Many employers have required proof of vaccination. I volunteered at the front desk of our local hospital and had to show proof of vaccination. If you did not have your vaccination record, you had to submit to a blood draw to determine titers. No vaccines/titers, no work. Schools require vaccination records of students.  My kids' colleges required proof of a recent Meningitis B vaccine in order to even be on campus. Some countries still require proof of vaccine to travel.  It is not new to require proof of vaccination.

Even your state requires proof of vaccination to attend college.   https://www.dshs.texas.gov/immunize/school/college-requirements.aspx

Texas Minimum State Vaccine Requirements for College Entry   Vaccine Requirements

All entering students at an institution of higher education* are required to show proof of an initial meningococcal vaccination or a booster dose during the five-year period prior to enrolling. They must get the vaccine at least 10 days before the semester begins. See the exemptions section for more information on exemptions from these requirements.

*an "institution of higher education," for purposes of this requirement, includes a "private or independent institution of higher education" per Texas Education Code Sec. 51.9192; see Education Code Sec. 61.003 for full definitions of these terms.

Entering college students required to receive meningococcal vaccination and students not required to receive meningococcal vaccine are defined by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board Rules, Chapter 21, Subchapter T, §21.612§21.613, and §21.614

Unfortunately, the rhetoric goes both ways. Frankly I am tired of  hearing from those choosing to be unvaccinated that those that prefer a vaccinated cruise are just scared and should stay home. It is the go-to comeback and unfortunately a constant rhetoric. It started with masks; if you are too scared and want masks, stay home. Now it has moved to vaccines.  It can go both ways. If you are too scared of the vaccine, stay home.

Edited by cured
  • Like 7

20 minutes ago, cured said:

So how do the mass graves of India and other countries line up with your theory?  It is amazing that people think this is just a government scam in the US. Open your eyes and look at what is going on in the world.  Are India, Brazil and now Peru killing their citizens to help the US fabricate covid statistics?

This is a recent picture of Peru.  The amount of deaths are not normal so they can't just be a changed definition of death.

A worker digs a grave in the San Juan Bautista cemetery in Iquitos, Peru

It's not just other countries.  Apparently states in the US are either killing their own citizens or completely fabricating the number of deaths in their states.

Edited by time4u2go
  • Like 1