Fake vaccine cards

2 hours ago, zekekelso said:

Do you want tics? Because that’s a good way to get ticks. Hope you’ve had your Lyme vaccination. 

Ticks are bad in our area this year and I have found several on me this year.  Will RC be testing for Lyme disease too!  I would hate to miss a cruise because of a tick.  I have been a never socker when wearing sandals.  Now you have me concerned.

• Haha 1

Not that I care if internet forums stay on topic or not but just for laughs let me post something that's at least somewhat related to the OP:

I was a participant in the Moderna clinical trials, and as part of this, I was given my two doses back in January.  The research facility gave me a vaccine card, and after some complaining, they sent me another one, but this time on the official CDC card.  

The problem is that the vaccine lot number on my card is from a special sequence only used for the vaccine produced for the clinical trial because at the time it was an "investigational study product" and had not yet got the EUA from the regulators.  So if you go on Moderna's website to lookup the lot number, it says it's invalid.  Meaning it's not a lot number from the vaccines made for the public.

Perhaps I'm worrying about nothing, but the Bahamas travel visa wants you to enter the lot number into an input box, as well as upload a photo of the card.  Why?  My guess is they plan to do some rudimentary fraud detection by making sure the lot number appears to be a valid lot number from the right timeframe and country for the vaccine brand in question.  If this is what they do, the Moderna website will say that the lot number is not valid.  What happens next is anybody's guess.  I complained to the Moderna people today about this as it could be a problem for the 40,000 or so participants in the trial but they seemed noncommittal about fixing the website.  

I have to wait a couple more weeks before I'm allowed to submit my visa request, so if anybody cares I'll report back here with what happens.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

I can't believe how many don't realize we changed the definition of "death" 'for covid that's inconsistent with every other way to judge a death of every other disease.

This sounds like something From Fox.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, jerseyjjs said:

Some people don't trust the hasty production of the vaccine or the unknown short to long term effects of an unproven, unapproved vaccine.  I don't think it's "selfish" to have some trepidation over getting a shot of something that once it's in you, cannot be retracted.

The COVID vaccine has been In the works for years, it just had to be tweaked for this strain.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, PhoenixCruiser said:

The COVID vaccine has been In the works for years, it just had to be tweaked for this strain.

I think it would be more accurate to say the mRNA technology that is behind the Pfizer/Moderna, and the Adenovirus-Vector technology behind the AstraZeneca/J&J vaccines have all been in the works for years.  Nobody knew we would need a COVID vaccine until 15 months ago.

You were right, though -  that is why those vaccines were so quickly developed - the base technology was already there; it just need to be customized to the COVID virus, and tested in human trials to make sure it worked before roll out.   There wasn't the same struggle to get those trials funded as is normally the case.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

Has anyone ask you to prove you have been vaccinated? Restaurant? Gym? Salon? Theatre? Anywhere?

HR has informed me that I can request proof of vaccination from any unmasked employees that are in the office.

The lawyers giving the briefing suggested asking all employees to show their card and keeping a picture with your employee performance records as a CYA and to prevent discrimination issues.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, coffeebean said:

It is very easy to obtain immunization records. I'm a Florida resident and I know for sure, as of today, that Florida does have immunization records for their residents.

Sure, but....there is no way to verify in the real-time necessary to support any kind of 'passport' scenario.

Showing your vax recs is still nothing more than looking at a piece of paper.

8 hours ago, PhoenixCruiser said:

This sounds like something From Fox.

And that, children, is how people stay willfully misinformed.

Search 'covid death definition' and you'll find plenty of shenanigans around what constitutes a covid death.  Jurisdictions have in fact been changing their definitions of cause.  Some make sense, some...well...

The words to look for are 'with', 'from' and 'related'. 

5 minutes ago, boatseller said:

And that, children, is how people stay willfully misinformed.

Search 'covid death definition' and you'll find plenty of shenanigans around what constitutes a covid death.  Jurisdictions have in fact been changing their definitions of cause.  Some make sense, some...well...

The words to look for are 'with', 'from' and 'related'. 

Please explain how there are 700,000 deaths in the last 16 moths in excess of statistically normal for that time period. 

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, boatseller said:

Sure, but....there is no way to verify in the real-time necessary to support any kind of 'passport' scenario.

Showing your vax recs is still nothing more than looking at a piece of paper.

Are you familiar with the New York Excelsior Passport and how it works ?

7 minutes ago, MommaBear55 said:

Please explain how there are 700,000 deaths in the last 16 moths in excess of statistically normal for that time period. 

Another scarey, but inactionable statistic.  And something I was not attempting to address.

I was demonstrating how blindly dismissing something 'because fox' perpetuates a misinfomed population.

As for 'excess deaths', yes, people died from covid and attempting to corned people as 'deniers' is silly and irrational.

Excess deaths is function of time.  It will take years to determine the actual impact.  We know that in many cases, covid merely accelerated a negative outcome due to other, very often preventable, conditions.  This is why loss due solely to covid is exeedingly rare.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, boscobeans said:

Are you familiar with the New York Excelsior Passport and how it works ?

I am now.  The boys in Armok are happy with the $$$ I'm sure.

Great for graft, but completly unworkable.  Non-residents aren't eligible?  Pointless in the city and I'll bet rural/upstate folks are laughing...if they still live there.

This scheme will be limited to the virtue dens of Brooklyn Heights and the UWS.

21 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

We will never know true numbers. My Dad's Cousin in her 60's with Heart Disease Died last Friday from Heart Failure. Tested Positive for Covid but had no symptoms of Covid. Covid Death? 

Sorry for your loss.

No. Death WITH Covid, not FROM Covid. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, boatseller said:

I am now.  The boys in Armok are happy with the $$$ I'm sure.

Great for graft, but completly unworkable.  Non-residents aren't eligible?  Pointless in the city and I'll bet rural/upstate folks are laughing...if they still live there.

This scheme will be limited to the virtue dens of Brooklyn Heights and the UWS.

Glad you have judged it to be completely unworkable.

I would like to know WHY you say that and WHY THIS OR A LIKE PROGRAM couldn't include States other than New York?  

As far as the boys at ARMOK and virtue dens of Brooklyn Heights and the UWS??????????????

I have no idea as to what you are talking about.

Edited by boscobeans
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, boatseller said:

Another scarey, but inactionable statistic.  And something I was not attempting to address.

I was demonstrating how blindly dismissing something 'because fox' perpetuates a misinfomed population.

As for 'excess deaths', yes, people died from covid and attempting to corned people as 'deniers' is silly and irrational.

Excess deaths is function of time.  It will take years to determine the actual impact.  We know that in many cases, covid merely accelerated a negative outcome due to other, very often preventable, conditions.  This is why loss due solely to covid is exeedingly rare.

The #1 item on a death certificate is what kills you today. If you are living with your co- morbidities, then get Covid and die, Covid is #1, the other diagnoses follow behind. You are right, most people who have died of Covid have other issues, but that's true of anyone who dies. It was a rare time I put only one item on a death certificate. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, MommaBear55 said:

The #1 item on a death certificate is what kills you today. If you are living with your co- morbidities, then get Covid and die, Covid is #1 

This is what many jurisdictions are changing when reporting outcome.  Hence the debate on 'from' and 'with'.

It's pretty sketchy to list covid as the primary cause when other obvious factors are present.  I won't even mention the financial inducement to list covid as primary...oh, I guess I just did.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, boscobeans said:

Glad you have judged it to be completely unworkable.

I would like to know WHY you say that and WHY THIS OR A LIKE PROGRAM couldn't include States other than New York?  

As far as the boys at ARMOK and virtue dens of Brooklyn Heights and the UWS??????????????

I have no idea as to what you are talking about.

Yes, because looking at it critically, it's just dumb.  Seems everyone else has concluded the same thing, the UK the mose recent prominent example.

People don't care enough to make it worthwhile and the second a business realizes they're leaving revenue on the table, it's gone, over, done with.

IBM, the developers of this system, is based in Armok and no doubt well connected.  I guess you've never been to BH or the UWS.  Sorry, too much to explain.

1 minute ago, boatseller said:

Yes, because looking at it critically, it's just dumb.  Seems everyone else has concluded the same thing, the UK the mose recent prominent example.

People don't care enough to make it worthwhile and the second a business realizes they're leaving revenue on the table, it's gone, over, done with.

IBM, the developers of this system, is based in Armok and no doubt well connected.  I guess you've never been to BH or the UWS.  Sorry, too much to explain.

DUMB and how did you make that judgement? Please inform me, and not with another's opinion.

ARMOK IS A VIDEO GAME OF SOME KIND, ARMONK is where in NEW YORK IBM is located.

I live in upstate NY and know where I.B.M. is located and I Grew UP in Brooklyn and Brooklyn Heights so don't hand me that garbage,

WHS,,,, Put some words to the letters and maybe your response would make more sense.

2 minutes ago, boscobeans said:

DUMB and how did you make that judgement? Please inform me, and not with another's opinion.

ARMOK IS A VIDEO GAME OF SOME KIND, ARMONK is where in NEW YORK IBM is located.

I live in upstate NY and know where I.B.M. is located and I Grew UP in Brooklyn and Brooklyn Heights so don't hand me that garbage,

WHS,,,, Put some words to the letters and maybe your response would make more sense.

Oh, you make me laugh.  A typo....I must be a Russian agent....ayayay!  Sure, I can believe you grew up in BH.

I described the primary reason why it's just dumb.  No business is going to risk a revenue opportunity over this voluntary scheme.  Especially when non-residents, like people from Europe and other distant lands like NJ and CT, can't use it.

Can you explain how this is such a brilliant, groundbreaking, tip-of-the-spear system and why we should expect the entire global community to be deploying it next week?  Even California isn't trying this and you can bet Google or Facebook offered to do it for free (and totally not to benefit themselves).

25 minutes ago, boatseller said:

Of...sorry, that makes no sense.  You are aware of CARES Act funding for covid treatment?

India, Brazil, and Peru get CARES Act funding? Wow, didn't realize all their excess deaths are also faked. How do you explain their way over normal deaths, so high they are resorting to mass graves and cremation.  Oh wait, they are causing excess deaths and claiming they are all covid for the CARES Act funding.

Nobody seems to want to explain what is happening in the rest of the world. That is conveniently ignored so the alt-right group think of bad government, this is a scam, covid is not real, it is over reaction, can perpetuate.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1