June 1 Will this be the week to hear about July cancellations?

Lift and shift is still on the website, guessing for the list of cruises that have already been changed for this summer. As cruises are added to the list guessing they would be eligible. I am thinking if they need to reduce occupancy lift and shift may be a way they could do it fairly. Just offering FCC may not be worth it due to price for next year being higher. 

10 hours ago, CruisingHogFan said:

Knowing how you post on other threads you would be a complaining like crazy if you were in this person’s position....

Wow, you really let me that far inside your head....You're very welcome.

BTW, is there anything offensive in telling someone to "fair well"?  I feel sorry for you.

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Thenagers said:

Is there anything in the contact about them giving us 30 days notice? I couldn’t find it but I’ve heard it mentioned. 

On the front page where it says the safety protocols it does.  I think it used to say by 30 days.  Now it says within.  They might have changed the wording to be sneaky.  At this point I can't see them getting their ducks in a row at least for early July, so wasting everyone's time is really a jerk move.

image.png.814e1aa4198ca826ab88a98ad14d78ad.png

• Like 1

15 hours ago, soremekun said:

L&S for me.

They did not offer any L&S options for the cancellation of our bermuda sailings on vision.  FCC for 125% or full refund.  We took full refund.

Received air2sea refund in 6 days.  

I phoned last monday for full refund on cruise fare and was told to 30 days but probably more like 15 days.

Since march 2020 I have received all my refunds in 2 to 3 weeks, quickest was 7 days.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

They did not offer any L&S options for the cancellation of our bermuda sailings on vision.  FCC for 125% or full refund.  We took full refund.

Received air2sea refund in 6 days.  

I phoned last monday for full refund on cruise fare and was told to 30 days but probably more like 15 days.

Since march 2020 I have received all my refunds in 2 to 3 weeks, quickest was 7 days.

If there is no L&S for my July cruise, gimme my money.  The 125% FCC is fools gold if booking a new cruise.  It does make sense if you are using the FCCs to pay off existing cruises, though.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mavo68 said:

And lift and shift means???

It is/was a Cruise With Confidence option where upon your cruise is cancelled by Royal, you could move your booking to a similar itinerary the following year +-2 weeks.  Even if the future cruise is at a higher price, the price you paid is locked in minus port fees and taxes.  That's a broad explanation.  Others can fill in the gaps or correct my errors.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, soremekun said:

It is/was a Cruise With Confidence option where upon your cruise is cancelled by Royal, you could move your booking to a similar itinerary the following year +-2 weeks.  Even if the future cruise is at a higher price, the price you paid is locked in minus port fees and taxes.  That's a broad explanation.  Others can fill in the gaps or correct my errors.

Ok so this is my question. We have a cruise on Allure for mid August. So I’d it gets cancelled and rumor has it that Odyssey is sailing in August from FL, can we switch” our cruise? I know it will be more but I was curious. 

10 minutes ago, mavo68 said:

Ok so this is my question. We have a cruise on Allure for mid August. So I’d it gets cancelled and rumor has it that Odyssey is sailing in August from FL, can we switch” our cruise? I know it will be more but I was curious. 

If they follow how they have been doing it yes you could shift it to August 2022(plus or minus 2 weeks from this year's date)  same itin same departure port for the same price except for any additional port taxes and fees.  I don't think the Allure will be going out of PC in August 2022 (She is the Med next summer) so you would probably have to shift to Harmony 2022

Edited by molly361
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, harkinmr said:

Yes. It’s “farewell” not “fair well”.  😏

Actually those are two distinct concepts. Farewell = so long, see you later, goodbye, and fair well = stay true to your self, and ethical and just in whatever you do.

9 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Actually those are two distinct concepts. Farewell = so long, see you later, goodbye, and fair well = stay true to your self, and ethical and just in whatever you do.

Yes. And I believe the poster intended the first meaning, following the word “Bye”.  I thought the poster’s original  comment was mean spirited, ergo my response. The end.

Edited by harkinmr

Guest BigRoger
13 minutes ago, harkinmr said:

Yes. And I believe the poster intended the first meaning, following the word “Bye”.  I thought the poster’s original  comment was mean spirited, ergo my response. The end.

Mean spirited posting on cruise critic? Say it ain’t so……………..

Guest BigRoger
16 minutes ago, harkinmr said:

It was sarcasm on my part. I think most will get it. Others that don’t, oh well...

Maybe ask Oscar Wilde?

1 minute ago, BigRoger said:

Maybe ask Oscar Wilde?

Seriously? Sarcasm on CC? Say it ain’t so. 🙄This is my last post on this subject. Oscar Wilde:

“Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, but the highest form of intelligence.”

2 hours ago, molly361 said:

If they follow how they have been doing it yes you could shift it to August 2022(plus or minus 2 weeks from this year's date)  same itin same departure port for the same price except for any additional port taxes and fees.  I don't think the Allure will be going out of PC in August 2022 (She is the Med next summer) so you would probably have to shift to Harmony 2022

The problem I see at this point for a L&S, way after final payment, is letting Royal keep your final payment of 6-7K or more for a year!!  I would not do that.  If I could lift and shift to the next month or something within that timeframe I might,  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, torpeedo said:

The problem I see at this point for a L&S, way after final payment, is letting Royal keep your final payment of 6-7K or more for a year!!  I would not do that.  If I could lift and shift to the next month or something within that timeframe I might,  

Everyone's situation is different.  We got a great deal on an OS that got cancelled in May.  I went ahead and shifted it to May 2022 and heaven forbid it that didn't sail I would shift again into 2023.   The money is only 1/2 of the amount you are saying though.  No way I can get that type of cabin again for that money .

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Everyone's situation is different.  We got a great deal on an OS that got cancelled in May.  I went ahead and shifted it to May 2022 and heaven forbid it that didn't sail I would shift again into 2023.   The money is only 1/2 of the amount you are saying though.  No way I can get that type of cabin again for that money .

So is your OS paid in full all ready?, I have only Lift and Shifted once, but when ours was canceled it was before final payment, so we only have $500 down on the OS. Our only shift was shifted to September 2021 from September 2020

Our final payment is due like on June 16th.........I'm hoping we all know for sure by then if the sailing is a go or not..........Might end up having to pay the final payment.........just to have a chance of L&S to 2022.

Cruises start up end of July or August and there are more issues with Covid on ships, you can bet cruises will get shut down again, then the September 2021 cruise would get canceled by RCCL and then could shift to 2022 like you did.

Edited by Jimbo