Mardis Gras Arrival at Port Canaveral

miataman19

going to make a 3 hour drive to see her pull in and I'm not even booked to cruise on her. However, before you say I'm crazy LOL; I am booked on the carnival celebration and I simply can't wait to see it in person. So the sister ship will have to do for now. 🤪 

• Like 4

I'm going to skip the arrival - with thousands expected to be there for the event. Beside, I have to work until mid-afternoon. I'll just do a drive by and enjoy a meal at the port over the weekend perhaps!

https://www.floridatoday.com/story/money/business/2021/06/02/parking-traffic-plan-detailed-view-carnival-mardi-gras-arrival-friday/7503579002/

Tom

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We'll be watching from our balcony as Mardi Gras comes in and should also be able to see her from our front door after she's docked.

From Port Canaveral's Facebook page posted yesterday:

PLAN FOR MARDI GRAS ARRIVAL ON FRIDAY JUNE 4: Port Canaveral today released its plan for public access to the Port for viewing the arrival of Carnival Cruise Line's newest and most innovative ship, Mardi Gras, scheduled to arrive early Friday morning, June 4 to new Cruise Terminal 3 (CT3). Subject to change, the Mardi Gras is expected to pass Jetty Park by 6:15 a.m. and proceed to the Middle Turning Basin, where she will turn around and transit to CT3 by 7 a.m. Visitors may view the Mardi Gras’ arrival and from Jetty Park, or from The Cove district.

Read More: https://www.portcanaveral.com/mardi-gras-arrival

#WelcomeHomeMardiGras #returnToCruising

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cruisemom2 said:

We'll be watching from our balcony as Mardi Gras comes in and should also be able to see her from our front door after she's docked.

From Port Canaveral's Facebook page posted yesterday:

PLAN FOR MARDI GRAS ARRIVAL ON FRIDAY JUNE 4: Port Canaveral today released its plan for public access to the Port for viewing the arrival of Carnival Cruise Line's newest and most innovative ship, Mardi Gras, scheduled to arrive early Friday morning, June 4 to new Cruise Terminal 3 (CT3). Subject to change, the Mardi Gras is expected to pass Jetty Park by 6:15 a.m. and proceed to the Middle Turning Basin, where she will turn around and transit to CT3 by 7 a.m. Visitors may view the Mardi Gras’ arrival and from Jetty Park, or from The Cove district.

Read More: https://www.portcanaveral.com/mardi-gras-arrival

#WelcomeHomeMardiGras #returnToCruising

I'm confused is this article stating that we should buy parking in advance to park at the jetty parking lot?

2 hours ago, Slythsalazar said:

I'm confused is this article stating that we should buy parking in advance to park at the jetty parking lot?

I couldnt view whatever you must be seeing.

The jetty isnt free, but I believe parking there is free unless its changed. Someone posted the jetty was $5 pp, I dont remember. I'm up north from the jetty lol. But my place is still being fixed up.

2 hours ago, Slythsalazar said:

Yes, if you plan to park at the Jetty, you'll need to buy a parking pass in advance.  You won't be able to pull up and pay for parking tomorrow morning.

4 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I couldnt view whatever you must be seeing.

The jetty isnt free, but I believe parking there is free unless its changed. Someone posted the jetty was $5 pp, I dont remember. I'm up north from the jetty lol. But my place is still being fixed up.

Firefly, you're farther south of the Jetty than we are.  😂

2 minutes ago, cruisemom2 said:

Firefly, you're farther south of the Jetty than we are.  😂

Lol how do you know where I am? I'd guess 2 or 3 miles north of the jetty. I didnt know there were many condos north of me, some townhouses ... 

Looking south ... I can barely see the jetty.

20210601_154709.jpg

11 minutes ago, cruisemom2 said:

Yes, if you plan to park at the Jetty, you'll need to buy a parking pass in advance.  You won't be able to pull up and pay for parking tomorrow morning.

i plan to arrive at the port at 5 will I still be able to park that early? just answered my own question, nevermind haha

Edited by Slythsalazar

30 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Lol how do you know where I am? I'd guess 2 or 3 miles north of the jetty. I didnt know there were many condos north of me, some townhouses ... 

20210601_154709.jpg

Not sure where you live, but the jetty/pier at Jetty Park is the northern most point on the south side of the "canal" from the Atlantic to the turning basins at Port Canaveral, and everything north of there along the coast is Cape Canaveral Air Force Base.  Your picture is probably showing the Cocoa Beach Pier, perhaps?  Cocoa Beach Pier is almost 3 miles south from the Jetty Park Pier.

Edited by ProgRockCruiser

31 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Ah, so you're north of the space center too I'd guess!

Tom

1 minute ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Ah, so you're north of the space center too I'd guess!

Tom

No, I just bought the condo so maybe what I was calling the jetty is the pier. I thought they were the same.

So I guess idk what the jetty is, only the cocoa beach pier. I'm oceanfront a few miles north of this pier. I've got a guy in there fixing up at a snail's pace. .. looking good but he doesnt work fast. He keeps saying he will finish next week. . For sure I'm south of the port.