Symphony of the Seas July 17 - Going or not going

I don't have a horse in this time period. But I feel sorry for all of you. This is absolutely ridiculous, that they can't inform guests that have thousands of dollars invested in their vacations, whether they are going to have one or not? :classic_rolleyes:

• Like 3

10 hours ago, MisterBill99 said:

So I'm confused. What does this mean for other ships? They are still showing Oasis sailings for July from NJ and they didn't even post test cruise news for that ship. Presumably it's just a matter of time.

It means those of us with early July are likely SOL.   There's a chance Royal is hoping to get some test cruise scheduled for Oasis in July if they can get it approved, but I really don't think it will happen.  I honestly can't see the CDC giving them more than they already have until at least ONE goes out and does well.  I don't get why they're still selling other than they want people's money.  

• Like 1

Okay, Symphony July 17 is officially off the books, it's not listed on RC's website for sale any longer.  This equates to cancellation, correct??!? It's the same thing.

Has anyone gotten communication yet about FCC/refunds?

If the cancelled all Independence of the Seas they have not told those who are actually booked.  I still have the cruise on my account which is slated for July 3rd.  it would be nice if they actually cancelled these cruises they would tell those booked so we can get a refund or apply them to a future cruise.

• Like 1

I just talked to Royal Caribbean and basically have been told that since my cruise on July 3rd is 8 days their is no way it will be sailing, but I cannot do anything because it has not been officially cancelled.  Unless they cancel the cruise I am not eligible for the 125% FCC.  I am not sure what additional information they need to cancel, but if they know the cruise is not sailing they should do the right thing.  I have been a loyal of Royal Caribbean for a long time, but this mess has really soured my like for them and I probably will never sail with them ever again. 

4 minutes ago, ATLfuzzy said:

It's clear they are operating this way to hold on to $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ as long as possible.  

You would think that after a pandemic and sailing will resume eventually they want to keep those who are loyal.  I guess the mighty dollar is more important to them then keeping their customers happy.  They need to learn something about the travel industry and how to keep folks from coming back.  I am pretty sure after this experience and maybe this cruise whenever it happens I will take my money somewhere else.  When enough people do the same thing, maybe they will look back at what they are doing and see what they did was wrong.

5 minutes ago, yanks23 said:

You would think that after a pandemic and sailing will resume eventually they want to keep those who are loyal.  I guess the mighty dollar is more important to them then keeping their customers happy.  They need to learn something about the travel industry and how to keep folks from coming back.  I am pretty sure after this experience and maybe this cruise whenever it happens I will take my money somewhere else.  When enough people do the same thing, maybe they will look back at what they are doing and see what they did was wrong.

Royal is showing with each passing day they withhold information about July/August sailings from its paying customers that they could care less about them. They dont care that Hotels will need to be cancelled, flights need to be cancelled, etc, etc, etc and it has a ripple effect with businesses that rely on port tourism. When the President/CEO, Michael Bayley, started his FB post with "yippee" yesterday, that should tell you right there how much they care about loyal customers who they are holding their money. Royal is forcing those poor customer phone reps in a terrible position and outright asking them to lie to its customers. 

AND its not as simple to money back when many people used FCCs from 2020 cruises to book 2021 cruises. You cant get your money back for FCCs now. 

Yesterday, they should have announced cancellations before test cruise plans. There are still people who really think they will still be sailing on their July cruises because Royal hasnt "officially" cancelled cruises yet. Shame on them. Terrible PR. People will not forget this and many will choose a different cruise line next time they take a cruise. 

• Like 1

Reality check.  July is dead and early August is on life support.

Royal seems to want to do the test cruise route in order to have more kids on board, but by doing so it lengthens the time that revenue cruises will start back up.  The 95% route on some ships would act as a bandaid and bring revenue in quicker.  Cruise itineraries that have a smaller percentage of kids should have gone the 95% route and kids would be cut off once the threshold was met.  It seems like Royal wants to appeal to the families, but by doing so it is pushing back the resumption of cruising.

31 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Reality check.  July is dead and early August is on life support.

Royal seems to want to do the test cruise route in order to have more kids on board, but by doing so it lengthens the time that revenue cruises will start back up.  The 95% route on some ships would act as a bandaid and bring revenue in quicker.  Cruise itineraries that have a smaller percentage of kids should have gone the 95% route and kids would be cut off once the threshold was met.  It seems like Royal wants to appeal to the families, but by doing so it is pushing back the resumption of cruising.

If the cancelled all Independence of the Seas they have not told those who are actually booked.  I still have the cruise on my account which is slated for July 3rd.  it would be nice if they actually cancelled these cruises they would tell those booked so we can get a refund or apply them to a future cruise.

3 hours ago, yanks23 said:

I just talked to Royal Caribbean and basically have been told that since my cruise on July 3rd is 8 days their is no way it will be sailing, but I cannot do anything because it has not been officially cancelled.  Unless they cancel the cruise I am not eligible for the 125% FCC.  I am not sure what additional information they need to cancel, but if they know the cruise is not sailing they should do the right thing.  I have been a loyal of Royal Caribbean for a long time, but this mess has really soured my like for them and I probably will never sail with them ever again. 

Just more bad information from RCL CSR, the "greater then 7 day" ban was lifted by the CDC, so no reason for them to mention that 

CANCELLATIONS AND OPTIONS from Travel Agent page

Allure of the Seas departing Port Canaveral: July 4-August 1, 2021
Brilliance of the Seas departing Tampa: July 3-August 28, 2021
Enchantment of the Seas departing Baltimore: July 1-August 26, 2021
Explorer of the Seas departing Galveston: July 5-Sept 22 & October 25, 2021
Freedom of the Seas departing Bayonne: July 3-October 23, 2021
Harmony of the Seas departing Barcelona & Rome: July 4-August 12, 2021
Harmony of the Seas departing Rome: August 19 & 26, 2021
Liberty of the Seas departing Galveston: July 4-August 8, 2021
Mariner of the Seas departing Port Canaveral: July 2-August 20, 2021
Oasis of the Seas departing Bayonne: July 2-August 29, 2021
Rhapsody of the Seas departing Ravenna/Venice: July 3-November 30, 2021
Symphony of the Seas departing Miami: July 3-August 7, 2021

Compensation Options for those currently confirmed on Return to Service (Phase 1) canceled sailings and not previously opting to take advantage of our Cruise with Confidence policy:

LIFT & SHIFT

• Our Lift & Shift option is perfect for your clients who simply wish to move their existing reservation to next year, while protecting their original cruise fare and promotion. Select a qualifying cruise in 2022 on the same itinerary, sailing length, embarkation port, stateroom category and departing within +/- 2-weeks of the original cruise date. Then, give us a call and we’ll take care of the rest!

125% FUTURE CRUISE CREDIT

• To compensate for the disruption to your clients’ vacation plans, they are eligible for an elevated 125% Future Cruise Credit (FCC) that is based on the total cruise fare paid per guest, which will be automatically issued on or before July 23, 2021 if no other option is selected. Taxes and fees, as well as any pre-purchased amenities or onboard packages, will be automatically refunded to the original form of payment within 45 days from the cancelation date.If your client previously opted to take advantage of our Cruise with Confidence policy, the 100% FCC will stand, and this new option is not available to them. Additionally, if your clients redeemed their Cruise with Confidence Future Cruise Credit on a sailing that is now canceled, their original FCC will be reinstated, plus 125% of any amount paid by the guest on the canceled reservation.

REFUND

• If your clients would simply prefer a refund, we are happy to return the funds paid per guest when selecting this option on or before June 30, 2021. To request the refund on your client’s behalf, simply select the “Request a Refund” option via the automated “Cruise with Confidence” form on CruisingPower.com under “Brand Programs & News” and the process will begin. Your client can expect their refund to the original form of payment within 45 days from the cancelation date. To ensure your client is selecting the best possible option for their vacation, there is no need to rush — the 125% Future Cruise Credit will remain active until the refund request is submitted, at which time it will be deactivated.

Cruising is BACK – We’ve finally reached the other side and we can’t thank you enough for your unwavering support. Partners stick together — you can count on us today and for years to come!

8 hours ago, laddcalcagno said:

It means those of us with early July are likely SOL.   There's a chance Royal is hoping to get some test cruise scheduled for Oasis in July if they can get it approved, but I really don't think it will happen.  I honestly can't see the CDC giving them more than they already have until at least ONE goes out and does well.  I don't get why they're still selling other than they want people's money.  

August too, it turns out.