Something has changed

villagenut

If we can remove politics from this issue. This is always something I would have desired. Less people in one place all the time would have greatly increased my enjoyment of every cruise.  Masks are just an inconvenience that we will have to put up with for a little while longer, maybe until January. 

Edited by asalligo
  • Like 4

“Staggered activity times”

Sounds like reservation times for pools, hot tubs, ropes course, sports deck, ping pong, skyride, spa, sky zone, theater, etc. 

Maybe 🤔 by deck and cabin number? 

12 minutes ago, bdever said:

“Staggered activity times”

Sounds like reservation times for pools, hot tubs, ropes course, sports deck, ping pong, skyride, spa, sky zone, theater, etc. 

Maybe 🤔 by deck and cabin number? 

If that is the case, it will be interesting to see how they enforce it.

Will each deck have its own trivia contest?

3 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

If that is the case, it will be interesting to see how they enforce it.

Will each deck have its own trivia contest?

I think trivia contests will be sign up only with a limited number of available slots - same with bingo.

I predict the deck parties & Suess parade gets cancelled altogether. 

5 minutes ago, bdever said:

I think trivia contests will be sign up only with a limited number of available slots - same with bingo.

I predict the deck parties & Suess parade gets cancelled altogether. 

I want my ships on a stick!!!! (I wish there was an emoji if foot stomping.)

On the last Carnival ship we were on, there was a 4 day men versus women trivia contest. Not only were the teams large, but there was a large cheering section. (And the men won all 4, either team winning all 4 was something the assistant cruise director running the contest said had never happened before.)

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

I want my ships on a stick!!!! (I wish there was an emoji if foot stomping.)

On the last Carnival ship we were on, there was a 4 day men versus women trivia contest. Not only were the teams large, but there was a large cheering section. (And the men won all 4, either team winning all 4 was something the assistant cruise director running the contest said had never happened before.)

2019 cruises featured men vs women trivia and skins vs shirts basketball.  2021 will have vaccinated vs non-vaccinated trivia and masks vs non-masks basketball.  Ship-on-a-stick will be replaced by...  anyone?

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

2019 cruises featured men vs women trivia and skins vs shirts basketball.  2021 will have vaccinated vs non-vaccinated trivia and masks vs non-masks basketball.  Ship-on-a-stick will be replaced by...  anyone?

Ship on a stick replaced by needle in a syringe.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, asalligo said:

If we can remove politics from this issue. This is always something I would have desired. Less people in one place all the time would have greatly increased my enjoyment of every cruise.  Masks are just an inconvenience that we will have to put up with for a little while longer, maybe until January. 

I like social distancing!  Just the idea that my August Mardi Gras cruise may sail at reduced capacity has me smiling.  Mask, not so much.  But if it's just while going to and from places, I could deal with it.  I guess we will see how things look in 2 1/2 months.  But the social distancing is a win.

• Like 1