A Concierge vs B level veranda cabins?

khuselid

I need a quick tutorial on A vs B and I thought what better place to ask for that info! On Riviera there is no concierge lounge so what is the benefit of a concierge cabin on the smaller ships.  I used to know.....but it's been so long..... I know mostly the A/B difference is location.

Thanks all! Kim

The deck plan reflects a Concierge Lounge on deck 9 forward.  Right next to the laundry.  I plan on using it next February.  DO you have info that it's no longer there?

I can tell you in a Concierge room you'll get to make your specialty dinner reservations farther in advance than an A or B.

Edited by marieps
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, khuselid said:

I need a quick tutorial on A vs B and I thought what better place to ask for that info! On Riviera there is no concierge lounge so what is the benefit of a concierge cabin on the smaller ships.  I used to know.....but it's been so long..... I know mostly the A/B difference is location.

Thanks all! Kim

Riviera and Marina have Concierge Lounges.  The smaller ships don't have a Concierge Lounge but you do get to book your specialty dining sooner than the B,C and Insides.  You can also have a hot breakfast to your cabin which you can't get with the B and lower.  You also have access to the Spa Deck which you would have to pay for if you were in B and below..  Other than that the cabins are the same size.

• Like 2

Yikes, my brain is broken. You are correct there is a lounge on Riviera.....I somehow confused it with Insignia which is our 'usual' ship. I really need a cruise!

I guess, generally my question is the value of Concierge level.

Thanks all and sorry for I scared anyone!

4 minutes ago, mexicobob said:

Nice picture...but what it is it???

Sorry. Thought  I put Spa Deck.  It is a picture from the Insignia which is one of the smaller ships.

Quite similar to O Marina.  O Riviera has a bigger pool.

I was trying to show one of the benefits of Concierge cabins- free access to the spa terrace

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, cruisingxpert said:

Sorry. Thought  I put Spa Deck.  It is a picture from the Insignia which is one of the smaller ships.

I was trying to show one of the benefits of Concierge cabins- free access to the spa terrace

Looks like Marina    the Riviera  has  the longer larger pool but hard to tell from that angle

12 hours ago, cruisingxpert said:

Riviera and Marina have Concierge Lounges.  The smaller ships don't have a Concierge Lounge but you do get to book your specialty dining sooner than the B,C and Insides.  You can also have a hot breakfast to your cabin which you can't get with the B and lower.  You also have access to the Spa Deck which you would have to pay for if you were in B and below..  Other than that the cabins are the same size.

Hi, we are new to Oceania, sailing Riviera Aug. 2022.  Did I understand you correctly that if we are in a B Veranda cabin we cannot get breakfast room service?

13 minutes ago, pdanza22 said:

Hi, we are new to Oceania, sailing Riviera Aug. 2022.  Did I understand you correctly that if we are in a B Veranda cabin we cannot get breakfast room service?

You can get cold items- cereal, croissants ,fruit etc.  but no eggs and bacon for example

29 minutes ago, cruisingxpert said:

You can get cold items- cereal, croissants ,fruit etc.  but no eggs and bacon for example

Oh no, 🙁 we do so enjoy breakfast on the veranda once in a while!  Well at least we can get hot coffee. Thanks.

17 minutes ago, pdanza22 said:

Oh no, 🙁 we do so enjoy breakfast on the veranda once in a while!  Well at least we can get hot coffee. Thanks.

If you have a B3 extended veranda, I wouldn't trade that for a hot breakfast in a Concierge cabin.

Oceania Riviera B3 extended veranda.jpg

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, cruisingxpert said:

If you have a B3 extended veranda, I wouldn't trade that for a hot breakfast in a Concierge cabin.

Oceania Riviera B3 extended veranda.jpg

Yes we do!  That looks so beautiful. Boy we miss cruising.

• Like 1

Concierge usually costs more and gets you a few amenities.  Only you can decide if they are worth it.  A bottle of wine(not great), access to the front deck( often windy...prefer pool deck),  lounge with snacks( need more food?  Call room service), 3 small bags of laundry (unpressed returned 3 days later),  earlier and double specialty restaurant reservations (.that’s a plus...however, usually can book an extra dinner reservation on the ship),  a tote bag with O stamped on it, and a choice of blue or green toiletries(. All Bvlgari colors are ok...spouse prefers white and asks for it)... For me, concierge A cabins just cost more than regular verandas. They are all same size.  Only book A cabins when B cabins are sold out.  That has happened.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, pdanza22 said:

If you want a HOT breakfast  then you will need to do A or above cabin cat  or  go to the  GDR or Terrace/Waves

They really do not have  a table to eat off   just little foot stools  as in the photo

Personal choice

Enjoy

18 hours ago, cruisingxpert said:

Another question re: cabin categories from a first-time Oceania cruiser:  We are booked for Oct 2022 in an A3 on deck 7.  We wanted that deck so there are only staterooms above and below - to minimize possible noise from public areas.  If I am reading the deck plan correctly, it looks like deck 7 is all concierge, except the very forward and aft cabins.  Is this correct?  Any other suggestions for a quiet stateroom location?

4 minutes ago, vegasjandk said:

Another question re: cabin categories from a first-time Oceania cruiser:  We are booked for Oct 2022 in an A3 on deck 7.  We wanted that deck so there are only staterooms above and below - to minimize possible noise from public areas.  If I am reading the deck plan correctly, it looks like deck 7 is all concierge, except the very forward and aft cabins.  Is this correct?  Any other suggestions for a quiet stateroom location?

Are you on an R ship  then yes  most are Concierge

They have 2 different sizes of ships  so good to mention what one you are on

22 minutes ago, vegasjandk said:

I don't know if it's the quietest room but I adore seeing the wake and Cabin 7116 and 7121 are A1s.

The deck is deeper and you can have a lounger on the balcony as well as the chairs.  Plus you might friends in the Owners Suite next door😁

Lots of comments on Cruise Critic about those cabins.  Most people love them because of the view and deeper balcony.

22 hours ago, cruisingxpert said:

Thanks for the picture and update. Am new to Oceania and planning a cruise on The Marina in a Penthouse Suite. The spa terrace looks to be a nice bonus but I mainly just wanted a larger cabin. Thanks for the info.

45 minutes ago, mexicobob said:

Thanks for the picture and update. Am new to Oceania and planning a cruise on The Marina in a Penthouse Suite. The spa terrace looks to be a nice bonus but I mainly just wanted a larger cabin. Thanks for the info.

The penthouse cabins are very nice.  What deck are you on.  Deck 11 has the Executive Lounge but the cabins have a substantial overhang that can be a nuisance if you like to take pictures from your balcony.  Quite a view passengers prefer Deck 10 ph cabins. Just above the Marina name is Deck 7.  Count up to. 11 and you will see that overhang from Deck 12

image.thumb.png.8e39a72eb1fcbe85fe2eca209c585e54.png

• Like 1

On 6/3/2021 at 2:55 PM, cruisingxpert said:

I don't know if it's the quietest room but I adore seeing the wake and Cabin 7116 and 7121 are A1s.

The deck is deeper and you can have a lounger on the balcony as well as the chairs.  Plus you might friends in the Owners Suite next door😁

Lots of comments on Cruise Critic about those cabins.  Most people love them because of the view and deeper balcony.

That is great to hear.

I have always wanted to try one of the aft cabins, so we booked 7116 on Insignia for our first O cruise.

With the deeper balcony, do they routinely have loungers? Or would we need to request them after boarding?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bbqoug said:

That is great to hear.

I have always wanted to try one of the aft cabins, so we booked 7116 on Insignia for our first O cruise.

With the deeper balcony, do they routinely have loungers? Or would we need to request them after boarding?

Years ago you used to request the loungers and they would remove them the night before you ended the cruise.  I'm pretty sure they gave up on that and they are there when you get on.  I have friends who were on in Jan 2020 in those aft cabins and I will ask if they were there or if they had to ask.

Just to give you an idea of the panoramic views,IMG_2557.thumb.JPG.482df962723caf0e73c101dc8b2b91fa.JPG these are friends that had one of those cabins - pic was taken by the Owners suite people - they are in Glacier Bay.  The weather was glorious.

• Like 1