Marina Penthouse Suites

Rebels82

• 1 year later...
On 6/5/2021 at 9:42 PM, cruisingxpert said:

Plus 1 to Mauibabes.  I had the Oceania Suite right next to the Culinary Centre.  Never heard a thing from there or above.  Best value and better value than the Vista Suite IMO.  Go for it.

I've also been in the Oceania Suite at the back 11080.  It is a bit smaller and second bath is a 2pc instead of 3 pc but I love the wake view.

We are booked in 11080. First time on Oceania. Looking forward to the view. Anything else we should know?

29 minutes ago, SATaxman said:

There are 2 chairs and a table and only one chaise lounger?

I guess that's true but I think they can give you an extra if you want.  The problem is that it's a long balcony but not a deep one.  If you have a birthday on board, they will decorate the cabin for you.

Oceania Suite 11080 2.jpg

Oceania suite 11080.jpg

• 1 month later...

We had 11080 on a transatlantic a few yrs ago. It was wonderful, some noise from terrace above on some early mornings (crew moving tables and chairs). We would book 11080/11083 again in a heart beat.

We have 11080 booked on our first Oceania cruise. Looking forward to it. Having cruised Regent Seven Seas before. Just. Cuious why Oceania has. O sizes between Penthouse and Oceania size. Regent has 3 options between. 400 ish and 1000 ish square feet.

On 6/3/2021 at 9:16 PM, Host Jazzbeau said:

In addition to the answers you get here for Marina, here are three threads about Penthouse cabins on Riviera:

We were in 7128 on Marina, which just like Marina, and the only somewhat con we found is the sound of the anchor being lowered. We loved the extra room, our butler (whom we had had on a previous cruise), the extra room on the deck and the addition of two chaises, as well as the two chairs and a table. The walk-in closet was wonderful (going to miss that on Vista), except during really rough seas (Drake Passage rough) when it kept opening and closing (finally found a trick to keep it from moving so much). We got spoiled very quickly. These go pretty quickly so be prepared.

4 minutes ago, DoulaAnn said:

We were in 7128 on Marina, which just like Marina, and the only somewhat con we found is the sound of the anchor being lowered. .

You heard the anchor all the way aft??

We have  been  on the side  near the aft in  an extended balcony never  heard the anchor

However the thrusters  can wake the dead 😲

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LHT28 said:

You heard the anchor all the way aft??

We have  been  on the side  near the aft in  an extended balcony never  heard the anchor

However the thrusters  can wake the dead 😲

I know it was thrusters and I forgot about that, but I'm almost sure it was an anchor as well.

2 hours ago, DoulaAnn said:

I know it was thrusters and I forgot about that, but I'm almost sure it was an anchor as well.

I have seen ships anchored from both ends on occasion, but it is rare.  When docking they run lines out from both ends and I suppose they or the capstans might make noise.  Definitely the thrusters make a huge racket!

Thanks for the warning – I had been thinking those four aft cabins would be great locations because of the extra-large verandas.

18 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

I have seen ships anchored from both ends on occasion, but it is rare.  When docking they run lines out from both ends and I suppose they or the capstans might make noise.  Definitely the thrusters make a huge racket!

Thanks for the warning – I had been thinking those four aft cabins would be great locations because of the extra-large verandas.

My DH didn't think there was any real issue with noise-- guess we have different levels of hearing. For me, the noise was incidental and I loved the location (and the balcony). I rarely sit on the balcony, but those chaises had me out there a LOT more than usual.

20 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

I'm happy if you don't choose those back 4 penthouses because I get a better chance of grabbing one😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, cruisingxpert said:

I'm happy if you don't choose those back 4 penthouses because I get a better chance of grabbing one😁

So far it wasn't an issue – you must have beaten me to it! 😀

First time with Oceania.

Can anyone explain the difference between the 3 types of penthouse? Location? Size? When there is a 4 level upgrade, can you upgrade from Concierge to Penthouse?

6 minutes ago, SATaxman said:

First time with Oceania.

Can anyone explain the difference between the 3 types of penthouse? Location? Size? When there is a 4 level upgrade, can you upgrade from Concierge to Penthouse?

Typically it is location (P1 having the best locations). Vista may be different...someone who has looked more closely can chime in.

Occasionally there is a A to P included in the upgrade sale. The more common upgrades are in the non-suite categories. The price you see online during the sale already has the upgrade price factored in (i.e., no additional discounts from what you see online).

1 hour ago, SATaxman said:

First time with Oceania.

Can anyone explain the difference between the 3 types of penthouse? Location? Size?

Usually Location Location Location

The  4 aft  PH's  deck 7 on the O Class ships (Marina & Riviera)  the balcony  in those are larger than the regular PH

3 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Usually Location Location Location

The  4 aft  PH's  deck 7 on the O Class ships (Marina & Riviera)  the balcony  in those are larger than the regular PH

Other than the incredibly helpful comments on this site, how would a newbie to Oceania know any of this?

2 minutes ago, SATaxman said:

Other than the incredibly helpful comments on this site, how would a newbie to Oceania know any of this?

Maybe  the deck plans  ???  🤔

I can see the large balconies on the 2 deck 7 Penthouse Suites being wrap around. On the other decks, I do not see any difference on the deck plans.

First time with Oceania.

4 minutes ago, SATaxman said:

I can see the large balconies on the 2 deck 7 Penthouse Suites being wrap around. On the other decks, I do not see any difference on the deck plans.

First time with Oceania.

The difference in the 3 types of Penthouse is location. The rooms are the same.