Fully Vaccinated Cruises and then Non Fully Vaccinated Cruises

Lee Cruiser

21 minutes ago, Radiioman46 said:

So, after her announcement this morning, which is it?

Or is it even clear what she said?

Vax or not?

I listened to her and to me, it sounded clear that they were going to start with vaccinated cruises.  If they aren't, then the interview was very misleading.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

I listened to her and to me, it sounded clear that they were going to start with vaccinated cruises.  If they aren't, then the interview was very misleading.

That;s the way I heard it, so why is everybody still talking about Carnival doing unvaccinated cruises, if she took them off the table?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Radiioman46 said:

That;s the way I heard it, so why is everybody still talking about Carnival doing unvaccinated cruises, if she took them off the table?

I think because Carnival previously said they were doing test cruises.  Maybe they plan to only sail a couple of ships with vaccinated passengers for July and August and then open them up.  But it seemed clear to me they were going to start with vaccinated only cruises.

It looks like RCL will cruise with unvaccinated, per the latest article.

Edited by TNcruising02
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, TNcruising02 said:

I agree it sure sounds like she said Carnival will start with vaccinated cruises. I wonder if that might lead to Carnival not cruising out of Florida initially. DeSantis is adamant that cruise lines are not exempt to his recent vaccine passport law, which goes into effect July 1st. Local news stations here in the Tampa area have discussed this issue every night this week and have shown several clips of DeSantis reiterating his stance on this issue. 

7 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I agree it sure sounds like she said Carnival will start with vaccinated cruises. I wonder if that might lead to Carnival not cruising out of Florida initially. DeSantis is adamant that cruise lines are not exempt to his recent vaccine passport law, which goes into effect July 1st. Local news stations here in the Tampa area have discussed this issue every night this week and have shown several clips of DeSantis reiterating his stance on this issue. 

Maybe she could have Carnival sue the state of Florida asking a judge for an injunction to prevent Florida from enforcing that law that interferes with international commerce something regulated by the federal government.

6 hours ago, lele100 said:

Here is away around Desantis stupid executive order.  Carnival can ask ahead of time to submit the proof of vaccination online.  They are not asking in Florida at that point so then what?

That is what I thought.  But the exception would be for Florida residents who submit from Florida.  Obviously a smaller pool but still within the legal boundaries.  I don't think it really matters because in order to board you have to agree to the rules which comes from inside the ship you are boarding. That is pretty much under federal jurisdiction.

9 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Local news stations here in the Tampa area have discussed this issue every night this week and have shown several clips of DeSantis reiterating his stance on this issue. 

Yesterday, 6/4, several stations in Tampa Bay (Spectrum Bay News 9, Channels 8 and 11) had a blurb on the Mardi Gras entering port. All the blurbs stated the cruises will be fully vaccinated.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Homosassa said:

Yesterday, 6/4, several stations in Tampa Bay (Spectrum Bay News 9, Channels 8 and 11) had a blurb on the Mardi Gras entering port. All the blurbs stated the cruises will be fully vaccinated.

The strange thing is that now RCL is stating they want people to be vaccinated, but those who aren't will be subject to testing.  So, they are not cruising with fully vaccinated.  Maybe it's just Carnival, because Christine stated they were starting with fully vaccinated.  She must know they can do it somehow.

1 hour ago, d12j28 said:

But they might cause your cruise to be cut short.

I've missed ports, and had the times severely limited, because of medical emergencies -- caused by returning to ports and 2 or 3 helicopter evacuations.

Didn't hear much "but but my cruise .." 

Because that kind of selfishness didn't used to be tolerated.

This is the same, but a disheartening number of people don't see it.

A tiny number of people without immunity will be cruising.

That same tiny number has managed to survive 15+ months without being infected.

They will all be tested before boarding.

It's a seven day cruise, and contrary to popular opinion, cruising isn't any more dangerous than a trip to the grocery store.

I doubt that people who've avoided human contact for over a year, are going to throw caution to the wind and take a cruise.

Most everyone willing to cruise right now, is protected/recovered or exposed on a regular basis. And still healthy.

• Like 3