Christine Duffy on GMA Today - Vaccine Question

5 minutes ago, aquasea said:

It is doubtful they will go opposite of Royal. They compete with families for business.

Royal brands are no stranger to Noro. Maybe they will do better with Covid. It is almost a given that an unvaccinated ship will be the first to have an outbreak - depending on how many passengers are unvaccinated.

Meanwhile, how are Royal customers going to react to having to go through extra hoops from testing to masks to social distancing, etc.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Royal brands are no stranger to Noro. Maybe they will do better with Covid. It is almost a given that an unvaccinated ship will be the first to have an outbreak - depending on how many passengers are unvaccinated.

Meanwhile, how are Royal customers going to react to having to go through extra hoops from testing to masks to social distancing, etc.

Didn’t Royal’s announcement mention a different set of protocols to be implemented for each set of groups (vaccinated passengers/unvaccinated passengers)? 
I’m sure that will play out well 🍿

1 hour ago, Eli_6 said:

My husband (jokingly) suggested that they should have one boat for the vaccinated and another for the unvaccinated. They can call the unvaccinated the cooties cruise and make it 14 days since they will probably be floating around for awhile when they have an outbreak.  

But seriously...I have a 7 and 8 year old. Yes, all things being equal, I would rather cruise with my kids. But if it means being able to safely get and keep cruises going, I would rather cruise without them than not cruise at all.  And the cruise industry desperately needs to get going again.  The employees need cruises to start.  The port towns and businesses that benefit from cruises need them to get going.  This is about so much more than just one person's wants or vacation.  By this time next year, those of us with kids will be able to cruise with them.  If it means sacrificing one vacation with my kids, I can deal. 

You could always just not cruise if you don’t want to be with unvaccinated people. Do something else with your kids. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, sm3ds said:

You could always just not cruise if you don’t want to be with unvaccinated people. Do something else with your kids. 

No need, since vaccinations are the preferred path forward. The majority of America is, or will be vaccinated.

• Like 3

Just now, BlerkOne said:

From thinking no vaccinations required, to vaccinations required. It is clear that is what the majority want.

Nothing has been confirmed. Everything you post is just speculation and opinion. Why don’t you just wait until they make an official annnouncement. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

No need, since vaccinations are the preferred path forward. The majority of America is, or will be vaccinated.

Are you speaking for  other people now too. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, sm3ds said:

Are you speaking for  other people now too. 

I'm relaying results of every survey I have seen, including one conducted by CC with thousands of votes. A clear, vast majority.

6 minutes ago, sm3ds said:

Nothing has been confirmed. Everything you post is just speculation and opinion. Why don’t you just wait until they make an official annnouncement. 

I've seen plenty speculation and opinion the other way. Debating hypotheticals is all that has occurred for months. An official announcement is imminent.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

.... An official announcement is imminent.

One can only hope! I had assumed, according to John Heald's comments the prior week, that this week would have been the one where we would get the answers to some of our questions. Apparently that wasn't in the cards, and another week is done - followed by another, and another...

Tom

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

One can only hope! I had assumed, according to John Heald's comments the prior week, that this week would have been the one where we would get the answers to some of our questions. Apparently that wasn't in the cards, and another week is done - followed by another, and another...

Tom

Time is going to run out on. July and cruising one way or another will happen as things stand.

49 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

The CDC already stated that if you come in contact with someone who is COVID positive, you don't need to quarantine. SO why are we worrying about all of this? The covid positive is the one that needs to worry, not the whole ship.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, aquasea said:

The CDC already stated that if you come in contact with someone who is COVID positive, you don't need to quarantine. SO why are we worrying about all of this? The covid positive is the one that needs to worry, not the whole ship.

If you are vaccinated. If the cruise is unvaccinated, Royal has a lot more to worry about.

If vaccinated, no need to even be tested, unless you start getting symptoms.

If I were cruising on Royal, I would be worried about an early termination of the cruise. Unvaccinated passengers mutinying over covid policy. Especially worry over not having as enjoyable of an experience of a cruise as I could have on a vaccinated cruise.

5 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

They've become quite adept at scanning suitcases for "contraband" over the last decade+.

There was one cruise where I literally had 3 cases of (plastic bottles) Miller Lite - each in its own small cheapie suitcase - with nothing else in there. They all three made it to our cabin. We were hosting a group of people, and had a blast.

Those days are gone!

Since you have now confessed to a major breaking of the rules, I hope for your sake the statute of limitations for this offense has passed.😃

2 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

Since you have now confessed to a major breaking of the rules, I hope for your sake the statute of limitations for this offense has passed.😃

All of the evidence has been... consumed!

Fun%20Bucket-L.jpg

Tom

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, IrieBajan54 said:

It will be interesting to find out what happens on the first cruises. Since the unvaccinated are also anti-protocols, it's likely that crew members will be assaulted like so many flight attendants.

Maybe adding a gang plank might not be a bad idea! lol

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, bdever said:

Didn’t Royal’s announcement mention a different set of protocols to be implemented for each set of groups (vaccinated passengers/unvaccinated passengers)? 
I’m sure that will play out well 🍿

I only heard on the news unvaccinated had to get tested.

So either show up with your card or get tested. Your choice.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, IrieBajan54 said:

It will be interesting to find out what happens on the first cruises. Since the unvaccinated are also anti-protocols, it's likely that crew members will be assaulted like so many flight attendants.

Hopefully, if there are unvaccinated people early on, Carnival will read people the riot act UP FRONT - basically saying that there will be a zero tolerance (or 1 warning?) for violations... violations of whatever protocol they come up with.

They can't be put in a position to have the guests bullying them, or other guests, over this.

Tom

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, IrieBajan54 said:

Hence the updates to the ticket contract. There will likely be some noise. Have zero tolerance, no warnings, and boot people off at the first port. Word will get around.

Stop selling alcohol is certainly possible.

I have no doubt passengers will have to acknowledge that they will follow whatever the covid rules are or risk the boot and ban.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sm3ds said:

And the unvaccinated people could always just take a different vacation, too!  

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, IrieBajan54 said:

They don't even regulate chair hogging with towels or dress code on formal night.  I have seen people run in front of a person in a wheelchair to get on an elevator in front of staff and they said nothing. In my experience, CCL employees are hands off. This is part of the reason I have concerns about an unvaccinated cruise. I don't worry about getting Covid myself since I am vaccinated, but I do worry about an outbreak on the ship.

Edited by Eli_6
  • Like 3